[ZS] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective for October 10, 2013

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello Slayers!

I have a short blurb here about some changes that will be implemented for tomorrow's (October 10, 2013) Battle Arena, so read on!

When attack another player, you will see a green bar on your screen. This represents the amount of attacks you can perform on your target before you enter cooldown (the bar will change from green-yellow-red as you get closer to cooldown). If you stop attacking for a short period, the bar will recharge, and if you space out your attacks appropriately, the bar will stay in the green longer. When your bar is in the green, you will attack with maximum effectiveness. Attacking very quickly in a short period of time will drain the bar and you will enter cooldown.

Cooldown is represented by a timer on your screen. Cooldown does not prohibit you from attack your target, but you will experience less damage per attack when you're in the red or in cooldown.

For example, if you are attacking someone, to start you will want to space out your attacks to ensure that you do not kick off the cooldown. As the person you're attacking starts losing health, you can play it safe and maintain the cadence of your attacks or use up your bar in an attempt to finish them off before the cooldown kicks in.

The green bar is unique to each fights and does not cover the enterity of every fight you have in the arena. If you are in cooldown on one fight, simply switch to another while you wait for the timer to run down.

The change is on Zombie Slayer only for now, and will impact all networks.

I also know that it's tempting to immediately call this the worst idea in the history of ideas, because change is scary, but I implore you to wait and see before leaving feedback. Speaking of feedback, you can leave it in this thread right here. It's also worth mentioning that, like any of our updates, they are subject to change based on what you guys have to say and the actions in the Arena itself.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! What the hell is going on? There is already to much emphasis on Defense and now you are going to exasperate the problem minimizing how often we can attack or how much stamina we can use on an opponent. What feedback did u see that wanted attack to be screwed with? Let me guess......like all the other very unpopular updates they wrote into support rather than the forums? How about all the feedback from players that dont like un proportionate amount of time in defense vs the length of the arena since the addition of the slider? Dont give me some line saying this update will lengthen the arena and making defense times more proportionate....of course it will but at the expense of the active players. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS????? It seems as if u r doing everthing humanly possible to run active players out of your game and to reward inactivity. FUDGE!

3. Jim Wells

Jim Wells Member

so.....you're giving BA to the snipers now? you're actually encouraging sniping???? that's the exact opposite of what the real players want. with, so far, EVERY idea (other than the adjustable stamina) being a bad one, I for 1 encourage you to stop altering it!!!!

4. Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin New Member

I agree with what has been said so far. How would you even think this is a good idea?? Fix the cheaters not the legitimate game play. You say this "update" is subject to change based on feedback, it seems pretty clear what he feedback is going to be. There is nothing wrong with sniping in the Arena as this is a legitimate strategy, but now you are making it the primary strategy and taking away from those who are actually doing all the attacking.

5. polishpimp

So what are the actual numbers on the number of attacks allowed before this cool down period? how long is this cool down period?

So I can sit there and weaken myself trying to take down a large opponent only to have to go into a cool down period where than another player can come in and get the kill off all my hard work, stamina and loss of health or the player i was attacking can go out and regain as much health as they want while not have to fear further attacks from me and or essentially wasting my entire previous effort and resources?

6. polishpimp

This fundamentally changes the arena. Players that have already signed up for the arena should now be given the opportunity to opt back out. You did this with armada wars...it can be done with the arena as well. Every aspect of the games should have the the availability of an opt out option prior to its start because we never know what kind of BS u will throw at us right before it starts.

7. Actually, they DIDN'T do it with the armada wars. I was looking for more information on them and accidentally signed up for the first one. I was not allowed to opt out before they began. Even though I left my armada before they started, Kano still entered me and my armada in the wars. Funny how there were a total of six people who entered and didn't play, but some how, I came in last. Go figure. Kano being their usual untrustworthy biased selves again??? lol

But I certainly agree with you, Kano SHOULD allow anyone to opt out in view of this sudden change to the way their arena will operate.

8. polishpimp

Someone want to explain to me what the point of these forums are? Why does the opinions of players that are supposedly contacting Kano privately carry more weight than the opinions expressed here in the forums? No where in this thread or any others do I see or have I read that players want to limit attack in the arena....in fact for the most part its been the exact opposite. So we are left to assume all those in favor of limiting attacks have contacted kano privately. With the implementation of this idea and the complete silence in all the threads that pertain to defense in the arena, and complete lack of action how are we not suppose to think of the forums as pointless and are opinions mean nothing? No idea should ever get implemented unless every member who wants to heard has been heard. We cant debate ideas that arent here in the forums...thats why no idea that stems from private messaging should ever be considered without first coming to the forums. The forums can be completely anonymous just like votes for ideas. Being non confrontational is no excuse.

9. Armin

Armin New Member

Shurely YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS,
    you now might just as well call it SNIPING-GAME instead of BATTLE ARENA,
    why on earth should now anyone attack another player who is on full health ?
    No point in it because we will not be able to kill that player,
    whats the point in building our characters on attack, defense and stamina,
    taking actively part in the Arena and we will not evenbe able to kill off the players
    who have just joined in for the XP ?
    No KANO, that is not the way to go in the game,
    if you need to make changes make useful ones, get more players into the game instead of
    chasing them away,
    thanks

10. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

I agree, what every one says. This is not the way to go Kano its a battle arena not sniper game... People will not attack unless the have friends that bash him first and then kill him. Don`t do this.

However you can use a *Better Level Arena lets say its starts with lvl 1000 and the last level in that arena is lvl 2000+ and off course everything between it.

Demonstration:

lvl 0100+ to lvl 1000. Arena lvl 1 *noob or beginner level (not attacking more then (x) everyday not bashing the same player everyday)
    lvl 1000+ to lvl 2000. Arena lvl 2 * Easy (not attacking more then (x) everyday)
    lvl 2000+ to lvl 3000. Arena lvl 3 * Medium (Full mode)
    lvl 3000+ to lvl 4000. Arena lvl 4 * Hard (**)
    lvl 4000+ to lvl ........ Arena lvl 5 * Hardcore/Master (**)

just some random thought.

**And between the lvl of the Arena you can make you`re rules KANO.
    (x) Is lets say 40 times a day Just some random number.

The problem you guys have is how many will do arena. If there is just only 10 well I can see the problem but you need to do something first to get more people in the arena. Well this is your chance. For the problem that there is just to low of people. Do the people in arena that's offline I mean like you do with *hitlist people same way. Give them a random name and let them auto join the arena this will fill up the low spots. And make the arena more fun for the real players.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  11. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

I think this is going to destroy the BA as all it is going to do is promote sniping and fix it so noone attacks anyone with huge health because if you try to kill them you will be punished and put in cool down mode. Why decrease the active and aggressive players Kano ?

12. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

:( Stunned!
    The slider ruined the arena for anyone that didn't have a decent defense build, and the solution instead of reverting it and making it the lengthy fun playing experience it once was, is to limit attacks?

13. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I'm wondering this myself.
    The ideas section is over flowing with ideas that can or could make the game better/more fun...there's a rating system to show how users might react if said idea was to be implemented.

I just don't get it? Is it considered too easy to know what we'd like and then provide it?

Just seems like a lot of guess work goes on
    Dev1 "You think they'd like this, <insert insane idea here>?"
    Dev2 "Does it matter? We'll just add it, then ignore all feedback"

14. polishpimp

What I dont understand is that there has been a ton of negative feedback in regards to the effect the multi attack slider has had on the game (none of which was ever responded to by Kano). The argument was that the addition of the attack slider made current amounts of times in defensive stance out of proportion with the actual length of the arenas (mostly Kanoplay/MS) giving defensive builds a distinct advantage.

Now what theyve done is give the defensive accounts even more of an edge by limiting the effectiveness of ones attack strengths and or the amount of stamina they have. At least previously inactive accounts that DIDNT start in Defensive stance could be eliminated in short order.....now because of this update they will be still be able to start NOT in defensive stance yet survive long enough to potentially go into defensive stance if and when they do decide to show up.

We are limited to how many players we can current put on our save list.....with this update we will have countless more we will need to save if we trigger a "cool down" period.

Its imperative that Kano tell us how many attacks we will be allowed and how long cool down periods last before the start of the arena or we will run the risk of putting ourselves in precarious situations in regards to health. How are we to know when a cool down period is to kick in? What if we r extremely low on health due to taking someone down or being attacked only to have a cool down period kick in right before a kill shot?

Players lose health taking players down whether they are winning the majority of attacks or not. In some case depending on ones defense players lose massive amounts taking down players. How are we to know how much we can expend before its to late? Will we be able to take anybody out before we hit a cool down period? Are we expected to wait around and look for accounts that have already been taken down by others but were deserted because they hit a cool down period? Will we even have enough attacks to Finnish them off at that point?

Way to many unanswered questions at this point Kano. It simply isnt right! Ones day notice with no explanation as to actual numbers or recovery times is unconscionable. How many slayers will have even of read this notice before the arna tomorrow? How many slayers will go to play as the normally do only to be surprised at this update and will have put their account is an extremely vulnerable position?

15. Kenny Scantland

Kenny Scantland New Member

ok all i can say is this is a horrible idea i have played this game for the last year making a chr good for the arena so i can get top ten and now its goin to limit me on my atts what a waste of time.the main people that are mad about the arena just sit in def mode for 2hrs or more and now you are fixing it to where i got to wait 2hrs to att a certain player again. then they will get to go to def mode again and im goin to end up dying cause im trying to actualy play the stupid arena instead of sitting in def mode why should i even play the arena now i thought yall wanted the game to get bigger instead of running people off that has played it for over 3 years

16. slave

slave Member

what is the purpose of having stamina? if we cannot use it?
    you charge double the skill pts for a stam pt vs energy, you allow full refills of energy but only allow 1000 stam pts to regen
    you brought an idiotic idea into faction fairness with "tokens" further belittling uses of stamina
    now you limit my chances for success and cater to who????????????
    because now i have 2500 stam pts and cannot use them, why on earth would i ever refill my stamina when i cannot use it to get a kill that i do the majority of the work on?

you have got to be kidding me
    if i didnt already think you were trying to run out of the game any higher level, im positive of it now
    maybe the lower levels provide more revenue and less hammering on kano
    maybe they are still noobish enough to think UN currency will help their game, yes it will, it will help you level up, and then you will be effffed like the rest of us

kano wake up and smell the coffee before its too late
    if you dont
    i hope another small indie company can use your programmers and developers cuz you sure wont be using them

this is ridicolous, i wonder whos brainstorm this was
    and one last thing, im sure this came from a developer who is playing the game right?

17. Kenny Scantland

Kenny Scantland New Member

and another thing that is not even close to fair for the smaller players if they can only do 1 million damage and some do 5 to 7 million you are making it way to easy for the big players.i start out at Health 300,800,000 and i personally think if someone wants to kill me let em if they want to avoid me fine.but if you keep it that way i dont see very many players just sitting there for 3 days playing. here is a good idea if you want to limit the atts get rid of def mode all together

18. slave

slave Member

im not done....im dying to know...what is my stamina good for again?
    oh yes to hit my level 459 clown boss, of which the achievements stopped at level 10.....

lets see
    fights? nope, no fight list
    faction wars? nope limited to tokens
    bosses? why, im already hundreds of levels past any achievement
    arena? oh yes, so i can spend hundreds of stamina, be put into "timeout" and then let the jackals feed on my efforts, over and over and over again....

why on earth would anyone buy a stam refill ever again? riddle me that batman....

looks like three hours of defensive for me in every arena for the rest of what little time i spend on zs

19. polishpimp

I just checked "help and hints" for the ZS arena and couldnt find this update mentioned anywhere. I posted a link in the chats to alert players, hopefully they will follow the link before they run into the SURPRISE.

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm working on a post to clarify the actual effect of this change to most of our players. Suffice it to say that most players, if they are playing legitimately, will probably not have to adjust their normal strategy too much since we are going rather soft with this update because we are testing it out.

Additionally, there is an update about this change in the in-game news feed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.