[Forums] Challenges on Phone

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Thien Thuong Hoang, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Is there a reason I cannot see the challenges on my cell phone? I work a lot and frequently like to burn stamina and energy and check on the challenges while at work.

Is this a glitch or just something that cannot be done on mobile?

2. alka

alka Banned

I mailed support yesterday about this issue, but being the weekend I don't expect an answer for a few days.
    I tried through the Kano site and through Facebook and had same problem in each.
    I use a Windows phone and am unable to get any of the "help" features to work too which means no extra help on Calenders and can't get elite through phone.

3. Thanks for the update, I didn't even consider "help" and "elite" issues as of yet. I hope it gets resolved...

4. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Challenges are currently one of the features that is still unavailable on the mobile version of our Apps. Going to the offsite version, however, should allow you to use all of the regular features.
    Alka, we're looking into the help button issue for you, and will follow up with you in Support once we've figured out what the issue is.
    To help us look into it, have you always had this issue with the help buttons on your phone, or is this a recent development?

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

For the record the ability to publish Elite Pirate requests already exists in the mobile version.

Head to your Profile and scroll down and you should see something like this:
    [​IMG]

Challenges are something we would like to add to mobile in the future but at the present time I can't give you an estimate on when this might be made available. Sooner hopefully rather than later!

6. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Yep i learned this on the first day to use the kano off site version from mobile. While it maybe slower at times it does have everything there you can click on. The newer version of it that does not have these features is way faster on other aspects just bounce between them. And thanks to wonderbread for telling me to create a bookmark. i keep two bookmarks on my phone the offsite and the new version and switch between them with just a tap on the droid.

7. What is the link to the offsite version for mobile?

8. Jon Ward

When your playing the kano app version thien. Click the home button scroll down the page and you should see a box that says missing some componets click here to visit the offsite version. It should just be right above your feed box were you see bosses and challenges. But you have to click the home button and scroll down to find it.

9. Muchos Gracias :D

10. Jon Ward

i take it you found it. That is the one to use when your wanting to do challenges. Otherwise use the other one for bosses and quick kills and such.

11. alka

alka Banned

I cant publish any type of help from my phone. I'm using a Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia).

When I click "help" I get a blank page and have to come out of the site and click the link to go back in.

All the page shows is the Top Bar with APPS in left corner and Logout in other with support, bookmark, ect in the middle.

Outbreaks are available through the FB page, as mentioned..

OK, I've just run some tests with the phone as I am sat by my pc (I wasn't when I reported the issue)

When I click help buttons the screen goes blank and nothing happens. However, in the top left hand corner there is a "white" box. If I click the "white" box it sends the request and the white box disappears but the screen stays blank and gives no indication that the request is sent.
    It was only by me checking the request through the menu on my PC that I know the request was sent.

DSC00001.JPG

The "white" box is just below "KANO APPS" . The screen is in normal view and not zoomed.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

First, thank you for the screenshot as it helps out a lot.

So you can't publish even using the mobile version (hence the screenshot I attached)? I just want to clarify that requests via Mobile version are working for you but via the Offsite version they are not.

We are in the process of sourcing a windows phone so we should have more info hopefully by tomorrow.

13. Yes I found it. Thanks!

14. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

I was wondering if you were doing it right. I have an older smart phone and I don't have any problems doing challenges or anything on my phone. I login and go to the link that says things will work better when you click on it and do my thing. I'm using Sony Ericson Xperia Play Android. Facebook app downloaded on memory card.

15. Yea apparently that's the thing I was not doing. I was playing the app directly from facebook and did not click on the "try the web version while we continue to improve the mobile experience", which rerouted me to the offsite version. Its only the offsite version that is capable of doing the challenges at this time apparently.

16. nelson

nelson New Member

I play sometimes from an ipad and an iphone, The mobile version excludes me from things such as calendars, treasure hunts and many other features. It is also a mess. Trying to find features that are not in their usual places is a pain and there is no help guide to using the mobile version. I usually end up reverting to the full web version.
    It is also impossible to mount a counter attack in the mobile version.
    Finally having made the the game a bookmark on my iphone , the game does not load . All I get is a white screen.
    Mobile version 3/10

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey Nelson.

Thanks for the feedback re mobile. I can tell you that Challenges for mobile are being worked on right now so we hope to have something to release in the very near future.

Couple of questions for you if you have a moment.

You say the bookmark on your iPhone presents you with a white screen. Does it not prompt you to login first or are you already logged into Facebook? I just tried this myself on an iPad and I am having a similar issue however the blank white screen occurs after I give my FB credentials. If I close the window and re-click the bookmark it will load the game. This is certainly not ideal nor intended and will be looked into immediately.

You also mention features not being in their usual places. Which features in particular are you having trouble finding?

On a whole the feature set of mobile is not quite where the web version is and may never be fully 1 to 1. However we are committed to making the mobile experience as well rounded as possible. So although you can't currently set counter attacks you can still perform a lot of other actions when you might not be in front of your desktop. I look forward to your feedback which I will certainly bring forth to our mobile team.

Cheers

18. nelson

nelson New Member

All I get is a blank screen at which point I tend to give up. On a pc I tend to work from the home page of the game to bank treasure etc but this is not possible in the mobile version.
    It took me a month to realise that you can change from co-op bosses to world bosses.
    Undead pirates do not appear in the battle list either.
    A guide as to where everything is in the two versions would help.

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks again for the feedback Nelson.

An updated Tips and a proper help function are something we very much want to add to mobile. Thanks for outlining a few of your workflows while playing PC, it will certainly be taken into consideration when it comes time to address these areas.

Still not sure what is up with that bookmark just yet but when I find out I will post back here.

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader