Challenges not working

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Mabest, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

My Challenge that I was working is gone. I can't get a challenge open when I click on one. My screen goes white and the tab I am in goes wonky by not letting me do anything else. It resets back to a white screen. Help!

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

A few other users are experiencing this and the developers are looking into it. I also recommend sending in a ticket to Support so that we can take a closer look at your account! :)

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It happened to me as well Mitch, actually what it's doing is from screen position how it's popping up. When get the blank screen, scroll up and presto it's there. Just a little info to help narrow down the problem. Also when occurred with me was viewing all challenges, and restarting one from there.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yeah, the developers figured it out earlier and it's doing just what you said, dropping you in the bottom, blank half of the screen. It's most likely based on where your screen was positioned before opening the challenge.

The developers are working on a fix to force the browser to display the challenge correctly. :)

Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  5. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help. Funny thing, I went to the Kanoplay server and was able to open up my challenge from there. It had said that my challenge ran out of time. Not likely but whatever. lol I started it again there and then went back to Facebook. I could see and play it on Facebook then with no problem.

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Smack, quick question? By chance were you trying to fix this? If so I believe had a adverse effect with screen jumping when clicking boss links.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Do you mean the screen seems to "hop" slightly when you click on a Boss from the Boss tab? Because if so then I think I'm seeing that as well.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Correct Mitch

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

OK thanks, I'll get Smack on it. :)

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I try to fix something and I break something else... Thanks for the heads up I'll look to patch this up quickly.

JADES likes this.
  11. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Isn't there any way to get rid of that annoying pop up that keeps coming on whenever you click on a challenge telling you that another action is in progress? It gets real bad when KANO runs the calendars.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

@Old Salt: this is a known issue and sadly I don't have a quick fix for this.

Alright I have reverted the change I released earlier today that caused that jumping issue. Sorry about that, this did not appear in my dev environment.

The other change that was just made is the links to start Challenges will now force you to the top of the page whereas this was previously not the case. This comes with the known issue that this does not work in Chrome.

So 1 step forward and about 3/4 of a step back. If you are encountering any other issues with this change please let us know.

George Burd, Kirsten and JADES like this.
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, the white screen is occurring now on "world leader board" if click page 2 etc. It's fine on friends list though. Probably same fix, just have to scroll up but oh well.

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yeah, exact same thing. Unfortunately the fix for this caused more problems than it solved so we've had to take it back to the drawing board for a while now.