Challenge/Calendar help

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JADES, Aug 11, 2014.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Why is it that Calendar help/Challenge help cancel each other out in social feed? For some that rarely play or low clan, bet have a hard time filling both, especially if not even aware of it. Not big deal for most, but not sure why cancel each other out having different names, and no I don't want another dang tab.

Demonik1 likes this.
  2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Current limit on that is one feed item per player but it might make sense to bump this up to 2 to accommodate the various Calendars. I'll add this into the hopper of community ideas and update back here if anything changes.

JADES likes this.
  3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Each player can now have 2 Challenge Help Request visible in the Social Feed. This should accommodate most situations with a Location Challenge and a Calendar Challenge running concurrently.

This change is not retroactive so it will only apply to new Challenge Help Request.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Cheer's Smack

Smack likes this.
  5. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There is some bug with the new update, I see a lot of duplicate challenge help request in all the games, both are the for the same location challenge, the first has one help, the second the rest.
    The first link remains active all time, but with the message: This player has reached the maximum of 6 friends helping.

ex, the first is a challenge with 15, the second with 6 of total helps:

[PUKE] ZXXXXe DiXXXch is requesting help for their Rocket Launcher Shooter. The first 15 slayers will be rewarded with XP.
    01 14
    -
    Assist Challenge Now!
    34 minutes ago

[PUKE] ZXXXXe DiXXXch is requesting help for their Rocket Launcher Shooter. The first 15 slayers will be rewarded with XP.
    0 1
    -
    Assist Challenge Now!

45 minutes ago

DXXXXl BXXXe Juggernaut is requesting help for their Carnival Shooter. The first 6 slayers will be rewarded with XP.
    0 5
    -
    Assist Challenge Now!
    46 minutes ago

DXXXXl BXXXe Juggernaut is requesting help for their Carnival Shooter. The first 6 slayers will be rewarded with XP.
    0 1
    -
    Assist Challenge Now!
    1 hour ago

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Mmm that is a problem isn't it. This was an oversight. I am going to have to revert this back to max 1 Challenge post per person until we can better address this. Stay tuned for more updates.

7. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Not a big problem, anyway, we have 3 more weeks until the next monthly calendar ;)

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Worth a shot LOL, when figuring out better way of addressing the situation. please keep in mind "not" another tab, TY Smack.

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Dang it, that was my solution! ;) Hah yeah for sure this will not be another grouping.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I kept saying "Smack, just make it another tab, it's so simple!".

Smack likes this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Very funny guys LOL :p

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

how about you just make calendar helps a separate filter? that would solve everything for the most part

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Filter is what I meant by Tab, no thanx LOL

14. Demonik1

why not? that solves the problem or is that too simple for ya? ;)

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I don't leave filter on all events, done with adventure help on log in, then toggle between boss/challenge help, why would I want another filter option for calendar help? Many do same as me, bet you do as well. Confuse the new players more? Go ahead.

16. Demonik1

im saying leave the original challenge help as it is now and have a separate filter for the calendars, if its separate then it solves the problem...especially when theres a new monthly one and you get unlimited helps. its only one extra click and if thats confusing to any player, new or not, then maybe this isnt the game for them lol its not rocket science

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Gotta love these LOL, Smack did this 2 carry over to bosses as well?

18. Demonik1

i still get the attack boss links after a boss has already been defeated, been happening for years lol and my dumb ass keeps hitting them like 3 times in a row before i actually start to pay attention to what im hitting haha

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually if this idea brought up another filter/tab, I'd be pissed off and say leave it be as is. One filter click times how many times a day?

20. Demonik1

lets go out on a limb and say 20, times maybe 3 extra secs per click is a total of an extra minute a day...even if its 5 extra mins a day it would be worth it to me for the extra exp i will be getting...and it wouldnt even need to be used daily except for the first few days of the monthly calendar and during the 3 days