Bounty Price....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LaScepter, Dec 22, 2014.

1. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

When we place/buy a bounty on someone thats...example ....62.978 trillion ....and the amount that is posted for the catch is ....53,531,635,796,529 coins...why such a hefty fee...oh and what exactly is that fee for , who gets it...where does it go ???....and WHY do we pay such a high percentage for this fee ???

2. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i have always wanted to know that myself for along time hope they can explain this lol

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The bank takes it lol

4. LaScepter

LOL....what bank....the same damn bank that takes a % of our deposits to hoard....Ok they can have the deposit fee...but i think that they take too much off the bounties....Vikings work very hard to raise their bounty and its a slap in the face to have it reduced for the banker...

Justin the killer and Kirsten like this.
  5. Kirsten

You know how banks are lol

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I believe that this was put into place to prevent coin transfers from one player to another for bountying/listing targets. Unfortunately, this does not deter certain accounts from doing so. I think it's pointless now that the games have been around for over 3 years.

George Burd likes this.
  7. LaScepter

Yeah if thats the reason its pointless now...since the game has evolved in the last 4 yrs...

8. Kirsten

I was just joking around I know they have explained it a few times, but don't remember the details .

LaScepter likes this.
  9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This has been brought up before, but it has never been changed (or probably even looked at). The fee doesn't "go" anywhere, it just evaporates. Operating cost for putting someone up, I guess.

kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Is this a Tea Party movement against taxation by the Gods?

The fee is there to try to keep inflation down in the economy and slow gold transfers.

For some popcorn, I can give you the history of it ... :rolleyes:

George Burd, kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  11. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

totally agree

12. LaScepter

LOL...Kel.. i do remember the worry from Kano and others back in the early days of our VC vikings were exchanging gold thru bounties....Im sure some had...to me i could care less if they did....LOL....I guess its a visual thing for me to see the cost reduced so much...

13. Kel the Merciful King

When all life ended where Polishpimpn ever leveled to, twice, he would have said ... 6 paragraphs on the subject with likely a very logical conclusion :rolleyes:.

Me? I think those taxes are dumped into the voluntary taxation thing called the Lottery where even that free ticket daily usually gives you back that "take out" if you are a lister. When that Lottery came out, and the Nike really showed us careful folks her "debt is good strategy" ... :p ... hyperinflation hit and the game has never been the same as when "inflation" and "gold transfers" mattered. The whole skilled based economy side of the game as it was, went to um, the CChing CChing dog house!

Back to popcorn ... if u make some and share with me ... I can do the history in 6 paragraphs ...

< note VC BL and VC AL - Before Lottery and After Lottery is still fun and my tongue is firmly in cheek ... except about the popcorn ...>

George Burd and Demonik1 like this.
  14. Kirsten

15. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

im callin you out kel....id like to see you do an ode to the pimp 6 paragraph explanation and history lesson....i dont think you can do it

Kirsten and LaScepter like this.
  16. Kel the Merciful King

Need a few imbibes to do it and its way too early in the morning! An ode to Polishpimpn ... essay contest!

Kirsten and LaScepter like this.
  17. Kirsten

I think he can but please do not challenge him cause I cannot take it :p

George Burd likes this.
  18. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

6 paragraphs? a REAL polish post would be 6 PAGES, wouldn't it? maybe he will grace us with a forum appearance for Christmas

Kirsten likes this.
  19. LaScepter

Where has he been anyways ???....not sure i can sit thru 6 pages....LOL

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i still see him online in game every once in a while. i think demonik and kirsten are taking over his forum duties. they just keep their posts shorter than he did.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.