[VC] bountied qnt

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gunnarr Held, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Gunnarr Held

Gunnarr Held New Member

Why doesn't the game record how many times bounties where put upon a person? That would be an interesting statistic. ​
    I think that bounties are the game's most ugly feature, and that those that overuse them (ex. 7300 at lvl.6400) are just destructive and lesser people (although it began to be excessively encouraged by the game). I have placed 62 and only as retaliation for other bounties until now ( i'm almost lvl 7000).
    It would be interesting to know how many times I've been hit-listed to calculate then how many lvl-s i've lost because of it. ​

2. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

you can get an idea from your profile page, players rarely kill me unless they bounty me, so most of my deaths are as a result of bounties.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You don't lose levels, you might go back a half a level or so, but ya just go negative at a certain point, maybe by bounty 8 thru 10 then you lose no more XP, hitting a boss, or two or clicking a box or two and ya get it back, but if ya gonna keep healing while someone is listing you are the moment, ya might as well just stay dead for the time being

4. Gunnarr Held

Gunnarr Held New Member

Yes you don't actually lose lvl's, but each time you die by bounty you lose 5% by level of experience yes? So for example if one didn't died 1000 times by bounty he would've had 50 lvl's more

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Your level does not change,when you are bountied over and over,ya just go negative at a certain point around 8 to 10 bounties,bounties are part of the game, if you keep healing when someone is gonna keep listing you you have to choices to stop healing or keep healing, either way the XP you lost can be easily made up,with all the features that have been implemented over the years.

6. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

yes the max is half level exp points so 100 k to level max neg is minuse 50k but it is not a huge deal to have that info added to your stats the developers have better things to do

7. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Bounties as part of an interaction between players seems ok to me. It is the random one off or several consecutive that I don't understand. Someone who does not know me or has even interacted with me starts bountying? WTF is that all about - unless you are just a randomly chosen person in their 'honourable' range, but what about before the 'honourable' range idea was introduced?

8. Gunnarr Held

Gunnarr Held New Member

Applejack you're right "Death Count" gives an approximate idea. I'm just saying, since there are so many counters (bounty losses, bounty wins...) why not one with "bounty deaths" since it's one that actually matters (other deaths don't affect players).

9. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

You don't like bounties but you want a stat to see how many times yo have died from them? How will that make your play better? Will it not ju make you whine more and dwell in your unhappiness?
    I generally want more stats because i'm a stat nerd so i say sure, why not. But in your case i really think you're asking for it for the wrong reasons. It will not make your day better.