[VC] Boss drops you never get

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Brosnik, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

A question which I keep meaning to ask when I play but usually forget to ask when I come here is this (yes I remembered this time). When fighting bosses we always get the same drops. How come some bosses have items which never ever drop? Are they there purely for the artistic graphic fulfillment of the creators or is there some reason why a boss may have say five or six items to receive three of which could be potential drops. However you only ever receive one drop during the fighting and one or two qualifying rewards on the death of the boss. The boss owner get the highest value items on death yet there are still one or two drops that are never received by any players. I could give examples but there really are too many to do that with. Has anybody got any answer to this or has it ever been in a thread before? I have never seen it if it has.

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

They drop with a very low frequency the ones at the top with a FP or this thing or that thing. The FP this or that, drop I would guess, 1 in a 50 to anybody who participates in a boss with 2 attacks. So that is 150 times you participate in any type of boss, you should get the 2 or 3 top drops.

3. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

There are several bosses that I have never seen drop some of the potential goodies hence my question. I would have expected a random drop of the rewards but I always get the same drops with various bosses and never some of what look like drop prizes. You're not kidding if you say they drop with a very low frequency because after several years of playing there are those I have still never seen drop!!!

CazG likes this.
  4. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Yes, there are those random drops that are seldom rewarded. But when they do get rewarded, it gets rewarded as an extra drop. This means you will receive 3 drops instead of the usual 2.

5. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Ok, but after years of playing there are still drops I have never received yet. Random must be really low then. I have received multiples of single and double drops but I have never yet received three different items in a drop. Is that what you mean YodaYoda?

6. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

I can count on one hand (maybe two hands) the number I've gotten in six years

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There are a few set types of item rewards you can get from Bosses. There's your helper reward, the owner reward, the minimum damage reward, and either the random reward (which can proc on any attack) or the random reward which may show up when you complete the Boss (this is not uniform across all Bosses, but each Boss spells out the rewards you can get).

As with a lot of things, the chance to get one of those random rewards is, well, random, and sometimes the drop rate can be pretty low. Even if you've been playing for a while, it's still possible to not have grabbed some items. :)

Tate likes this.
  8. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I checked my Random Victory Rewards for the top two bosses:

from 1413 Orc Bloodchiefs I have 36 Gutspike Spears and 53 Bloodchief Plates
    and from 872 Marauder Fleets I have 31 Marauder Generals and 19 Webbed Gauntlets

thats around a 2-4% drop rate

9. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Yes, I meant the 3 items received (2 standard + 1 random extra) when you collect your reward when a boss is defeated. Not all bosses have this feature. You can find out by checking on the rewards tab on each boss.

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

You will get em but for the "set" of them in some cases, it may take a while as Mi7ch indicated. Then bam bam ... two come right after each other. Its like that 2% 5FP drop on a Hunter Challenge: two days ago .. 2 in a row ... have I seen that before? Yes ... don't remember when but have had it happen before 1 or 2 times ... Now ... prolly be a month till I see another 5FP drop ... or later today :)

Next time .. you get x ... what ever it is your missing! Good luck!

11. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Now at least I know that the lack of drops is because of extreme randomness in some cases. If any of us are still here in another five years I will pick up this thread again and review what drops I still have never received o_O

12. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

I don't want to imagine what the game will be like in 5 years, that's if there is still a game.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Be Ragnarok by then......................

14. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

A friend told me of another strange thing that happens with boss drops. When you are the one who summons the boss you usually lose one of the expected drops. For example with the Vampire Wraith you get the Blood Blade for summoning and the Vampire Elder for finishing with the minimum but you don't get the Razor Shield which everybody else on the minimum gets. With the Draugr Horde everybody else gets the Blizzard King and Glacial Plate but as the summoner you gain the Frost Hammer but lose the Glacial Plate.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  15. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

When you summon your own boss, you receive the boss challenger reward drop instead of the boss helper reward drop when it is defeated. Nothing strange about that. The boss challenger reward drop can only be obtained if it's from a boss that you summoned.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

it does spell it out ,click on rewards for any boss and the info is there,about what the helper can get and what the owner can get.

17. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

You could have a point. But I seem to remember that this was not always the case and you used to get all 3 otherwise just getting 2 /3 would not seem unusual now.

18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No idea if it was always the case, but as far back as I can remember it has been.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Boss helper reward was introduced @Yeti boss and all others after that, which might be confusing you?

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Boss Helper rewards used to drop for the owner as well, but that is a bug since that is not the intended function of that item (it is for helpers!) That has since been fixed.

CazG likes this.