Better explanation of Battle emphasis in intro flow

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by The Protector, Jun 10, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp,we might be rivals,but damn,we agree for the most part,spare for a few ideas.Just about everything you said here is 100% dead-on.

2. kayjay

kayjay Guest

well said lord breakfield got to agree with you

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thanks for agreeing kayjay.

4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

10 from me. But in your popup include do you agree to these terms if not the link directs you right back out of the game and you cannot play it.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Even better.Wish I thought of that.

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

This is a good idea and something that is on our todo list, is currently in the works. We have never done a good job of intro / tutorials into the game and that has definitely been one of our biggest weaknesses, user protection was the first step and method to introduce the features and rules of the game before I new player would end up in a higher levels rivals list not knowing how or why they got there.

So the good news is that this is in the works.

3 of our games have attack limits of 5,000 attacks in 22-hrs, now 5000 attacks in 22-hrs. Now I think we can all agree (hopefully) in regular pvp, non friendly leveling combat 5,000 attacks is really no limit at all, that is being put into the hospital or even killed +1000 times potentially in a day. So why does the 5,000 attack limit exist in the first place, when we first released our games there was no limit and once players started leveling to the stratosphere only attacking 1 other player over and over again we decided to introduce the limit of 5,000, so the limit was really in place for "friendly" attacking not regular pvp.

So what about the case where a player wants to play with-in the bounds of the 5,000 attacks, currently counter attacks, hitlist traps and social aspect (get a higher level player to force the player into truce etc) are used as defense BUT there are cases and more that have been reported where there are players in the game where their sole intent is to make other people quit the game, so they will sit on a player that is within range and hit them 5k a day or whatever it takes until they sign off and this is where past and current requests for a blacklist option has been made. We actually had a "blacklist" type feature ready for release last summer but pulled it because we didn't think it felt right for the game as it was implemented so we shelved it.

All that being said, there are some players in the game where their sole intent is to drive other players away where truce or counter attacks are not enough to deter them onto other targets, it is these cases that we want to try to address where competition in the game will not be impacted BUT players that get a player on them with the sole purpose of having them quit the game and cannot be reasoned with can still enjoy the game and have a way to call mercy.

Anyways, I have said a lot on that topic and will have more to say shortly. But with respect to the intro / tutorial for new players on battling this is in the works.

Thanks for the idea.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

if you guys are making a tutorial of sorts, you should also add the blacksmithing into it....explain how it works and how you could possibly weaken yourself if youre not careful...there are mid to high level players that arent too sure about this yet, i cant even count how many times ive had to explain it in detail to friends...and seeing how some friends are a bit slower than others, you can see how this can become tedious quick

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Resurrecting the thread! We are currently working on a new intro flow that will hopefully help guide players through each major portion of the game, however from what we have learned from watching new players start the game is that many players do not take the time to read information we often provide. Now I am not deflecting the blame as this truly speaks towards us in that we need to do a better job of presenting this information in a clear and concise manner.

So having said all of that some smaller changes to the intro flow will be released soon however established players will not notice any of this change. Looking a little further ahead it would be great to have tutorial/help modal on most pages to help describe the intent and function, of say crafting, which will be available for everyone. We currently have our game Help, which was recently updated, but this is a monolith of very general info and takes you away from the page/interface you are curious about.

Thanks for the input and we will announce any major changes as they occur.

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

yeah, im thinking a tutorial for the smithing available to everyone in general is a great idea...it would definitely save me alot of typing time so i can yap in the forum more haha...thanks for your time!