[VC] Battle Arena - The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

BA was subject to incremental improvements and the latest version of the "old" BA, before our new version of November last year, didn't invalidate the defensive builds - and it wasn't won by "inactives".

Now, that any player can do well is true... but players who used to have competitive builds now have to spend more than their new competitors to do well in the new BA format. If one group of players suddenly end up with a higher cost because the rules of the game have changed, then they've been treated unfairly - this seems like a simple concept people should both be able to comprehend and agree on.

thor persson likes this.
  2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

true, my build allows me to do better than most but mainly thats from adding a ton to stamina which everyone should do anyways since its pretty much the life of your gameplay.....the ones that have ignored that aspect of skill point allocation will reap what they have sown....cant expect me or anyone else to have compassion for players that have low amounts of stamina and as for the lower levels, they have nothing but time to add to it and easy leveling in which to do it with

Kirsten likes this.
  3. ben

ben Active Member

never less you took a lost on it by not making any fp but lost on them ...

4. ben

ben Active Member

now let me put it this way - last ba on kp2 pc ba i got 1st place i won 75 fp but i did use 2 refills which is 20 fp so i come out of it with 55 fp to the good ... i gain on it and also made levels and also had stamina left over to take out my highest boss ... so yea 1 could say i nade out real good ;)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Amen , brother,Amen.

Demonik1 likes this.
  6. Kirsten

I have to say those were two areas I was lacking, energy and stam,but back when we first heard about the idea of the raids,I have focused alot more on those two areas,and it helps with the time they refill ( got a couple of achievements too :) ) as well as for my daily game.

7. ben

ben Active Member

me and Demonik1 has bout the same buold on kp2 vc - very high att and hardly no deff ... like i said these changes favor are kind of builds ;)

thor persson likes this.
  8. Demonik1

well, i only did it cause i was asked to give it a chance by a couple people in kano so i did....it wasnt nearly as fun as it used to be and the first 8 hrs are boring as fook so i only look forward to the ones that have good sudden death start times for me and i could save a few dailys and a stam boost and spend no fps at all and still finish top 5 easily but wheres the fun in that? if im going to kill peeps, im gonna kill all i can and have fun doing it, even if the reward for winning was only 10 fps...ive never played it for the rewards, theyre just a fringe benefit to go with all the levels ive gotten from it

Lasinagol likes this.
  9. Demonik1

idk about that one ben, even tho my def sucks for my level, i think i have quite a bit more than you...think mine is at 6700 or so

10. ben

ben Active Member

yea that just might be that your higher level than me dah ;)

11. Demonik1

only by 1000 levels, and if you added every bit of your skill points in that thousand levels to defense thats 5k and i dont see that happening lol i wish i could have all those pointless defensive skill points back

George Burd likes this.
  12. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

I suspect no one ignored stamina, like, for example, some people have ignored defence and energy skill points. In one of your later posts you mentioned you'd like "your pointless defensive skill points back", so it seems you have the insight to see that something's changed. The game is becoming simplistic and one dimensional and stamina is becoming the only necessity. Soon we'll be asking for 100 point power attacks, and BA/battle "sliders" - all so that we can level as fast as possible into an empty void - where there's no way to progress other than adding more stamina with every level, and where Kano is powerless to keep up. Are there any choices to be made any more, or, when you grab a level you just add to stamina?

Anyhow, I hope Kano gets around to the 100 stamina slider and, my previous idea, of sending real prizes to people, like wrist braces and anti-inflamatory drugs. They have an opportunity to show that they are listening and that they care about the pain and long term damage caused by the necessity of relentless rodent abuse in the pursuit of putting all that stamina into use... At least it's not a mental challenge.

thor persson likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Haha sometimes my arm will hurt for days after an arena, thank god I cannot always make the time for them.

14. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

you and me both

15. Demonik1

well, defense isnt completely useless...it has its advantages in certain situations...i just like attack way more haha

16. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Birk you're dead on - we do need an increase in max stamina to be refilled - to at least 8500. Maybe even 10000

17. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i'm wondering why this thread is still open? it sounds as if kano has finalized their stance on the arena topic 4 or 5 pages ago. maybe it's time to close this thread down?

Lasinagol and George Burd like this.
  18. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i couldn't agree more, please lock this thread down.

George Burd likes this.
  19. ben

ben Active Member

i have brought this up before ;) the reason why they dont want to is they want us to us more refills to burn fp for and with the raidboss o yea ;) so sad to say dont look for it to happen so sad :(

20. Vic

Vic Active Member

is there really anything else more to say at this point?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.