[ZS] Battle Arena Schedule and Format Change Effective February 11

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 3, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello Slayers!

Next Wednesday, February 11, we will be making changes to both the format and the scheduling of the Battle Arena. The Battle Arena for Zombie Slayer will now run every other Wednesday on the alternating time slots of 10:00 am Pacific and 4:00 pm Pacific. These times are not set in stone and after a couple of runs we will look at adjusting the time slots if they prove to be inconvenient for the majority of our players.

Here is what the schedule will look like for the first few weeks so you can get an idea:

Wednesday February 11 at 4:00 pm PST
    Wednesday February 25 at 10:00 am PST
    Wednesday March 11 at 4:00 pm PST
    Wednesday March 25 at 10:00 am PST

The new Battle Arena format can be found below. This update has been through a few iterations on Viking Clan and has been tuned with player feedback to strike a balance between our goals for the feature and what the players found fun about the "old" version.

• The Battle Arena now lasts 24 hours
    • Battle Arena ranking is determined by Score. Score is earned by attacking other opponents. The more Score you earn, the higher you place!
    • The Battle Arena has two phases: Brawl and Sudden Death. Brawl lasts for eight hours and players have to option to revive and join the fight if they so wish (this is entirely optional during Brawl Phase). Revives do not have a UN cost. Sudden Death does not have revives. Once a player is dead, they are out! At the start of Sudden Death, all unconscious players are brought back into the fight. When a competitor is knocked unconscious during the Brawl phase, they lose 5% of their score.
    • When players are knocked unconscious during Brawl Phase, they are removed from other player's saved target lists.
    • The barrier to entry for the Battle Arena will be lowered to level 250 on all networks.

All other Battle Arena mechanics are the same (with the exception of Kill Rewards, which are only earned in Sudden Death). The Held doc will be updated for the new Battle Arena which should hopefully answer any more questions you might have.

We wanted to give you guys plenty of notice before rolling out these updates. These are a lot of changes at once so apprehension is natural, but these changes are a week out so there is time to adjust. :)

Xtina likes this.
  2. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

not sure people will be happy about the wednesday starts... but i like a lot of what i see, cant wait to try it out... thnx Mitch...

3. Dale Barrie

Dale Barrie Active Member

well the start times are ok for me but my wife can never play an arena again until its changed bad day to do this on as Rain said maybe a weekend day would have been better for people who work through the week????

AlterEgoT likes this.
  4. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

with the exception of Kill Rewards, which are only earned in Sudden Death- so does this mean for the first 16 hrs you gain no health while constantly losing it -so now i will die if i become to aggressive so i have to pay to respawn plus the 20 or so un it costs me to level .great money grab squeeze us for everything you can pffffffffffffff

5. Dale Barrie

Mitch, will it cost UN to respawn in the first 8hours?

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No, reviving can be performed for free.

It's only the first 8 hours, and it does not cost UN to respawn.

7. Dale Barrie

but backing hell up, to get any where at all we will have to pay for refill after refill to get any where close to a good position

AlterEgoT likes this.
  8. ben

ben Active Member

thats the catch so spend u no ;)

9. Dale Barrie

i know Ben, and yes they are a business and have to make an income, but making EVERYTHING that we get good xp for cash related, whats next 10 UN to hit the world bosses, no 4hr delay hit as many times as u want, thats the route its going

Xtina likes this.
  10. funnyman

funnyman Member

man to greedy in my book why make change to battle arena as it is...... more and more was starting to compete dont fix something whch wasnt broken........

11. Dale Barrie

it was broken Brian, But the only good thing of this they did is lower the joining level to 250, they just get too greedy like u said and have done the players over again!

funnyman likes this.
  12. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

well agree dale lowering the level might get new people to join but their health rewards are gonna be awful

13. Dale Barrie

i know arlene, if thats u lol, they need to add all dead accts too, eg the ones they list from The UN, but making us pay to play just ruined it for people, making it compulsary rather than optional

14. funnyman

funnyman Member

agreed the more the merrier to play BA and to put it on mid day on week is bad why not friday night or sunday evening??

15. Dale Barrie

there will never be a time thats good for everyone thats why the random days thing worked, they needed more to join (so drop the join level and add all accts they list from UN), and they need to scrap the points idea and let people get their health up with kill rewards, no respawns (like it is now) this way people wont mind paying to play as they actually stand a chance every now and then, as the changes they made today ARE NOT WHAT WE WANT!!! and will ruin BA for a lot of slayers, change the things that need fixing kano, not the things that dont need changing, you are really gunna regret this change in the long run

16. cooterbrown

cooterbrown Active Member

I cant wait to play the new BA.........It looks great to me;)

17. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

rlly .... its a true bye to your games kano....

Dale Barrie likes this.
  18. ben

ben Active Member

beleave me its hear to stay kano is not going to change it :( i have seen other say the same thing kev ...

19. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

i just hope they revert it... they destroyed the thing i most liked from their games.

20. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Why only Wednesday's? Is this only for people that don't work during the week? I will never, ever be able to play the sudden death round, I will only be able to play in it's entirety if I take a day off work. At least when arena was on a 12 day & time rotation I got to play most of them. If you switch to Friday's (alternated with FW) then it will carry over to Saturday and people who work weekdays OR weekends will have some play time.

Guardian Angel, AlterEgoT and L1LOne like this.