Battle Arena Idea

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chasity, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Yes i realize the changes in arena were made for cash value and your right in order to win now you will have to drop favor points more so then ever. But the fact still remains the same. Numbers will drop even more so in arena. And it was once quoted by kano that arena anyone can win it. Now this isn't the case unless your willing to spend 100s of dollars.

3. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Well, that is true; not just anybody can win it any more, even with muster & gusto put forth, if one doesn't have the stamina to keep hitting...

4. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

exactly, you don't have a chance of winning without spending $$$.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Winning isn't everything, ya think anyone remembers who wins from arena to arena or who cares lol

6. ben

ben Active Member

thats the ideal why kano made it the way it is for them to make money ;)

7. ben

ben Active Member

i won the 1 on kp2 pc and only use 2 refills so i made 55 out of it ...

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Okay. So that's ONE player that can win without spending any cash. I wonder how many others don't spend any money at all for the arenas, besides myself?

9. Chasity

Does being knocked unconscious during the first half of the battle knock points off of ya? ~~trying to decide whether to wake up, or just wait for 2nd half of battle... ;-)

10. luke

luke Member

spent 100bucks to win zs ba will be the last time i spend more then 20 bc exp sucks i just had to prove a point that i could win lol

11. Chasity

You should be feeling elation after your win Luke! Congratulations :rolleyes:

12. luke

luke Member

yes u losse points during the first half i died 6times last ba and attack myself to death in the end of 2nd half still won

Chasity likes this.
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Correct, every time get knocked unconscious you'll lose points.

Chasity and Kirsten like this.
  14. luke

luke Member

its 5percent of ur total is what u lose

Chasity likes this.
  15. Chasity

Okay, thanks for the quick precise responses! :)

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Every time you're knocked unconscious during the Brawl Phase, you lose 5% of your score. During Sudden Death when you are killed, you do not lose score. (I know that had already been answered, just wanted to clarify) :)

George Burd and Chasity like this.
  17. Chasity

I appreciate that Mi7ch, thank you for the clear clarification between points lost during brawl stage as opposed to sudden death stage. I didn't realize that points were kept if killed during the 2nd stage. :)

George Burd likes this.
  18. Chasity

Could this loss of points during the first half be a reason for players not awakening themselves from unconsciousness (yes, I know that some aren't reawakening because of fear of not having full health & or defensive mode time at the start the 2nd half)? I've seen plenty of complaints about there not being any "live" pirates upon which to hit.

19. luke

luke Member

the first half is all about non stop attacking to keep ur health high....but yes to me it comes to a phase where its not worth reviving bc there all d or very active and that turns into killing each other over and over again my faction ketp killing each other bc we were bout the only ones active at some point was messed up..so moral pf the story is yes at some point 30min to 3hours time will vary game/start/amount of players ext.. idk but at some point it wont b worth reviving...sd is much funner anyways..

20. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

OK, just to state the obvious again - there is a problem with PC BA on Kong. 130 players, 74 of them, with 0 score, did nothing and ended up in equal 56th place - all of them getting 2fps for signing up. The free for all part of the arena always takes place overnight for Europe, this one started at 11pm in the UK and the sudden death part of the arena was over in about 1hr 30mins. If this is what Kano were aiming for, a play thing for 20 people (only 20 people scored 100K or more), then mission accomplished. Honestly, I think some start times that see the free for all available to Europe (not just the insomniacs), might see a better amount of inclusion.

George Burd likes this.