Battle Arena Discussion (Round 3)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jul 9, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

This isn't real life pimp,so real life definitions shouldn't apply.
    You're so bent on low levels using the feature you keep pushing away the fact high levels have the same option to use that to pick off low levels AND a low level gang can get picked off by a high level player.
    Search benefits high levels only and hinders the low levels.
    What kind of strategy is gang tactics?Anyone can pull that.
    Real strategy can work better than weak gang tactics.
    Last I saw,Kano was looking into removing the search feature.
    I also been wondering why they let us keep going back and forth repeating ourselves.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Lmao...real life definitions shouldnt apply? what do suggest we use then? Should we make them up as we go? heres one......"Lord Breakfield" its new in-game definition is "disingenuous"

maybe they just want to see how many times u will state something completely inaccurate and how many morons will believe it...lol

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  3. Iced Viper

Iced Viper New Member

i've been in all 3 arena's, final placement rating should not be judged on health alone
    final rating should be and average of health, # of attacks, and # of kills, its bs that someone
    hid the entire time and rated higher only because his health was higher. this is a WAR
    game not a hide game

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Here here !!!!!!!!!!!

the name should be change to "Arena" if people can place , win or get a reward for no battles

5. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

I agree with more than just the health factor being taken into consideration to win. As far as I'm concerned I will always be trying to beat the 91 kills in BA. I did go after quite a few people there with 800-900 million health with no help asked for. Sure I could have asked others and we could have worked together to take people down and yes that does work. However on the flip side if the kills/health rewards are shared with those going after the person it works great. I did have 1 person that got greedy so it changed my attitude towards group hunting. I will only hunt with a few people from now on if at all. At one point i had right at 3 billion health so I wasn't just sitting there and waiting for the clock to run out like a lot of people do. Being a higher level with no fight list when battle arena rolls around I'm like a kid in a candy store and will be slaughtering everyone possible. Definitely nothing personal about it but I do intend to have tons of fun in there :cool:

6. polishpimp

@ Kano...Can we please get an update as to your position on the search feature and your reasonings? Perhaps some answers to questions posed in post 40? I realize that Kano probably doesnt want to take an official stance on strategy or how things do or did happen....but how about some personal thoughts from a Dev? Thanks

7. Really enjoyed the battle arena think it is a lot of fun just thought I would post the ideas that I have come up with to improve it:

1) Add rewards for lower level mobsters maybe have top 3 mobsters who are under lvl 1000,2000 and so on, will give others who are not going to win something to aim for , Maybe have a few extra bonus rewards too like Most kills should get something, Am not really a fan of separating into tiers as you will just end up fighting the same people you fight day in day out anyway and will make the battles smaller

2) When there are only around 30 players the game gets really slow and everyone pretty much gets stalemated only the players with high health are left and you would lose too much health and ruin the position you have worked hard to get to killing them, everyone is in defense mode just holding onto their positions and you end up just sat there clicking refresh while on-line I believe if the health rewards for getting the kill increased by a percentage with the other rewards then this won't happen and the fighting will continue till there is a clear cut winner, or maybe there could be a sudden death mode on the last day where health decreases every hour on the last day forcing the weaker surviving players to act they won't lose out by this and will add some much needed excitement to the end game

3) Need a option to save targets after finding them in the search box

4) The refresh filghlist button is still really annoying am still always seeing the same names over and over and even when there were 30 players left there were still names I had never seen

Oh and something I saw earlier you can work out the players from their character pics is quite easy really epically when the numbers of still alive players gets low so they should probably be hidden too ;)

Attacks 23,272
    Kills 51
    Wins 20,715
    Losses 3,713
    Biggest Attack 3,510,659 damage
    [REB] Ichi the Killer
    Level 2701 Enforcer REBELS - Recruiting
    If you are looking for a fight come join Rebels never a dull moment :)

8. polishpimp

excellent post! I agree with everything although I really cant comment on the stalemate at the end thing because I havent run into that problem.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Search should go away all together.
    What's the point of it if low levels will easily get picked off soon as they hit a high level.
    And at the same time a high level(even mid mid level)gang can easily knock out everyone.
    So in all reality,the low levels get screwed with search while high and mid mid levels benefit from it.

Sorry Pimp,but search doesn't help low levels.
    Level 3000s doesn't count as being low level regardless of the level gap.
    Level 5000 doesn't count as a low level or a mid level either regardless of level gap.
    By those levels,you SHOULD know all types of strategies other than cheap gang tactics.

10. Within Rebels we were utilising the search box to it's potential I am not too worried about it being there but because it is there we take advantage of it, when I see a player losing health and it is obvious he is going to die I post his name they find it and try and steal the kill which I believe is one of the main lower level strategics, I have also had one of the lower level Rebel message me with the name of some guy who is smashing them with attacks so I use the search box to find them and do what I do best with the result being they are off his back and are dead or now fighting me instead I can see there are disadvantages but from what I have seen it is mostly used to fine people who are dying or people who are potentially going to die in the next few hours which is fine because they will be dead with or without the search box being there, I think the main result of the search box not being there will be less kills being stolen which is good for me and others who are willing to use stamina but is a big part of the game

11. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Good post Chris you brought up alot of things i noticed to
    And congrats on 2nd

12. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

I TOTALLY AGREE ON ALL YOU SAID
    also like to add that i think there should be a leave option also if you enter then decide not to take part before the start
    yes i know this means people can enter get the xp reward then leave but not if the reward was given on the start of the battle
    but xp is not worth getting for joining as you get plenty in the battle
    the main thing which is needed is gfs as we use many in battle arena
    so why not give everyone who enters 10gfs free so at least all players can refill once in battle for free gives them more incentive to fight

13. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Is it possible while the arena battle is on that all gfs are on sale as many are purchased and this may encourage others to join in
    plus help us out who spend loads refilling
    battle arena is a stam eating exercise especially if you wanna do well
    so how about discount on gfs for battle arena players

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Then those that spent the first 3(4)times would want a refund for the stam bought during the arena.

15. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Dosent have to be back dated and yes there always gonna be someone who moans about something
    But from next arena be nice if gfs were on a special deal

16. Joey Italiano

Joey Italiano New Member

low levels have no chance in the arena.It is for the Really high levels.I lasted 5 minutes

17. Jayme

Jayme Member

DEFENSE MODE GOONS just killed him but no health bonus i spent loads of cash to stay on top so if i lose because of this count me out next time ....

18. gods people

gods people Active Member

This happened to me on a kill last night for an 110,000+health and i never got the health or the kill. luckley i took a screen shot of the kill and sent it support.

19. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

The KING will speak
    Your Rank is 19!
    Rewards include:
    Collected!
    Profile: Knockers Bird

20. Eric

Eric Administrator