Battle Arena Discussion (Round 3)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 30, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

See,why hinder someone for playing the game so well?
    Not his fault no one else figured out how to catch him.

Let's not cross-thread either.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I dont think that would be fair to Ben though....Hes earned his level and strengths, i see it as being up to the rest of us to figure out a way to bring him down. I like your reasonings behind it all....but just not at the expense of limiting or restricting something that someone has earned

3. polishpimp

Totally wrong. Ben has to be brought down quick before he gets stronger. Even a group of stronger players need to replenish their health to bring him down in a coordinated effort. Their needs to be communication and coordination so players arent killing themselves while attacking him making him even stronger. Kano has also said that inactive players come up more often when refreshing the the battle list so Ben being an active player would not come up as often making it very unlikely especially early on when he must be brought down that enough strong players would have Ben on their battle pages simultaneously

4. Creeper

Creeper New Member

in the main game yes. but the arena is new to us all, why should anyone have an advantage there?

5. Well said, Polish. I agree, Ben has earned his right to have his strength, health, etc. It IS up to us, as much lower level players to figure a way to take him down. IMO, no one should be penalized for being successful.

6. polishpimp

because it was earned. the only way to do it would be to give everyone the exact same numbers and at that point it would pretty much be a random winner every week with an edge towards those willing to refill their stamina and or be communicating in real time. That doesnt sound to fun to me. Personally I like the idea of being able to reallocate our skill points before every areana and just for the arena....that way diff strategies could be used all the time and potentially one player or two players MIGHT be able to bring someone like a ben down depending on what he did

The thing to remember here is that even though its a separate game the whole reason the arena came to be was the lack of a fight list at the higher levels

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Won't even go into the whole "earned" thing again on a dead separate issue.

Ding Ding Ding.

8. Creeper

Creeper New Member

i recommended reducing the gap, not removing it. alot of yall have put in the time and deserve some advantage, i just think it should be smaller than it is. otherwise, increase the min. level. if you want people to participate and not just join for the XP, us lower levels gotta have a shot without resorting to the gang thing. thats my opinion. several of the games i play have wars already, if thats what i wanted, i would already be doing it.
    and why would it be so bad for different people to be on top each time? and after ben and a maybe a few others, who else is a challenge to you? wouldnt a more level playing field be far more challenging?

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thing is.
    In regular game play,you wouldn't come close to beating me.
    In the arena you would win some hits because of that huge random factor.
    You lower levels already have a advantage there that you don't have in regular gameplay.

10. polishpimp

The thing is the gap already has been reduced quite significantly from that of the normal game. Its a fine fine line we walk here and I think u understand that. Yes challenging is good but the lower your level the more challenging it should be as u should want and be motivated to keep advancing your account.

What u call "gangs" I call teamwork and strategy, its completely different from existing wars inside the main game due to the anonymity of the accounts. Most players are not going to know who 99% percent of the arena participants are and will be attacking both in-game foes and friends. Its strategy because its not as simple as just "ganging" up on someone...there is coordination and forethought that come into play especially when gunning for a huge target. There is also negatives that come along with teaming up as well.

I have no issue with there being different winners as long as its not left up to randomness/luck and if u had diff winners every week especially of varying levels....thats a pretty good indicator of randomness/luck. Randomness /luck belongs to the lottery....the battle arena is supposed to be brute strength and strategy. The truth is that most players simply arent into the games as some others and they will probably never compete at the same level, its just like most other things...it all depends on what u put in to it.

Ben is the most extreme of examples in all of the games...what we did to him was far from easy and he actually aided in his own demise, the simple fact is that he could have survived but made poor decisions. In most of the other games there is not nearly as much disparity in levels and a lil strategy, teamwork and dedication would go aloooong way, simply fact is that most players in the game dont possess the want, drive or ability to make that happen

11. Creeper

Creeper New Member

all true. the advantage i have in regular gameplay however is that im not on your fight list. nor can you attack without me attacking first. and since im a reasonable person, i will never attack someone 3 times my level. the arena is sans these safeguards, so why am i gonna join just to be beat as easily? a few XP? not me. theres still plenty of people on my fight list at my own level, and i think that the arena fight list will soon dwindle down as more people experience the same thing. you want lower levels to join so you have someone to fight unrestricted, but you still want to destroy them like you would in the regular game. like shooting fish in a barrel. no challenge for you, no fun for me. now im more than willing to jump into the arena and smash with any of yall, but to only win 10% or less is pointless. am i supposed to enjoy losing? am i supposed to enjoy being knocked out of a 3 day event in 20 minutes? no, i dont expect to win the arena at my level, but even a chance at a top 100 finish would be nice.

all im trying to do is offer a lower levels perspective on the arena. i would like to be able to participate. i would like to see more people participate.

12. polishpimp

SWEEEEEEET....made the top 100 with out attacking anybody.....lol

Your Rank is 100!
    Rewards include:

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

@ Creeper, the arena is not gonna last 3 days in PC, and many low levels do well, my friends and clan are posting their ranks now, 2 mid levels ranked in the 20's, don't know your level , but they are level 2,000 and 3,000 plus and yes the high higher levels are gonna do well but then they go to town on each other lol work on your health between arena's , and figure out a strategy that can work for you, there are different ways to approach it, go in swinging to level a bunch and get some drops, or wait it out and hope they ignore you lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012