Battle Arena [BETA] Discussion and Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Well here we are. Battle Arena is over. I should come in here and say how much I loved it right? I won. I kinda liked the old Arena but hey people were clamoring for change. Well you got it. Before the change everyone was complaining that the big guys always won. Now you are complaining that the big guys won. Hmmm guess some things never change. Once again a small vocal minority forced a change on the majority and yet the minority is still not happy. Lets cry scream hold our breath and demand more change. Great move.
    I did not like the removal of the names and the search feature. People were complaining that some players banded together to hunt down certain players. Totally correct. But instead of complaining perhaps the "hunted" player should consider what he/she did to motivate a group players to specifically hunt her/him down. Interesting to note in their original BA instructions Kano encouraged players to see team mates. Another hmmm.
    I was under the impression this was a battle game. My rivals transcend all aspects of the game. I want to hunt them down and kill them. I want to prevent them from gaining levels and strength. I do not consider this bullying, I consider it sound strategy in addition to knocking out the targeted player which causes a certain amount of satisfaction.

Restore the names and the save feature. Now I won this one because of a snow storm. I could not go out Wednesday and as I had nothing else to do so I played VC more then usual. While my size certainly had an effect this was not handed to me. I had to click my old butt off. BTW I have a 4 year old Desk Top with its original mouse just to stop the snide clicking comments.

As a catered to high level player I eagerly await the special treatment I am supposed to get. You know how I got to be a higher player? I worked to get here and oh yes I spent real money. But just remember without people spending money you guys have no game to complain about.

I grow tired of alot of the shennigans going on. Kano banned 270 plus players this week. I mean come on. You have to have an alt account in a freakin game? But this is the BA thread.
    Re-evaluate the hidden aspect. Reduce the revival options, If a player does revive reduce the defense time. And I will not even mention the Rival List fiasco and most of you should turn in your ax's for a purse

2. Morgar

Morgar New Member

There was some big problems with this war.. But, people at Kano are humans. My suggestions (many stolen from prew speakers)
    1: That all in the fight list are just viking is not working, give them 1-25 as in the save list. Just so we know who we are hitting. an uppgrade of fightlist will asign new numbers to players so they will not be searshable.
    2: The huge death loss in points made all players under lv 10000 loose points for every revival.- take away or lower the loss.
    3: Get rid of the killer user link in the event of a death blow... That opens for shain killing if you have revival.
    And btw. Trying to divide arena into size would not work. So thanks for not implementing that.
    Thanks

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

well from what mitch has said, the revive feature will be axed so the loss of points per death is not an issue....the rest of your ideas are good ones and it seems to be shared by most, myself included

George Burd likes this.
  4. Hagar the Horrible

Hagar the Horrible New Member

Has anyone tried Clash of Clans :eek:

George Burd and Kehvyn like this.
  5. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

actually, i ranked higher in this arena that i ever have. that's considering that i got killed twice and lost a third of my points. initially, i wasn't very happy about these changes, but maybe this isn't so bad. and i'm not a hit and hider. 4 kills and over 6k attacks.

6. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Castle Clash is where it's at...! ;)

7. Malin

Malin New Member

I ranked 366 in the latest BA. In battles past, these same efforts would have earned me much higher ranking and benefits. Will not be signing up for it again. Not worth the effort, time, and futile clicking.

George Burd likes this.
  8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

1) The revive system is good in theory. Your choice to play. When you want to play. BUT .... 2)
    2) You can't save a target you killed. You killed them. They are gone. Saving them to kill them again makes for a corollory in 3).
    3) If you want to level the fieild, the saving of targets should apply only while you are alive. If you kill them, they are gone.
    4) Cap the hits with tokens. Everyone gets say 1000 tokens. 1 FP for 500 tokens. Don't make it crazy. Very good post on this to make it a tactical use. Don't make this an attack frenzy beyond "paying" the price. Paying the price would be irratiional beyond x amount. Make for "smart" play v. just clicking as fast as possible.
    5) Score. Good idea.
    6) Attributes: square them up a bit to a curve that reflects the average player. Give high and low levels smaller deviations from the average player than at present. Still rewards higher levels for what they have done outside the feature but the feature should not make them much more better than they already are. You want the feature to not be a pull away for this group.
    7) Def mode: means you are unhittable. You bounce. They in def don't lose health. You lose health. Standard time for all to make 1) work and 2). Standard time? Like 8 hours. Or more even.
    8) Without 4) above, forget it. Nothing else to me will make the average player see fairness in this feature.

Comment: If the feature is not to be fair, open to anyone to "win", or gain reasonably from, why bother? If its just supposed to be for "high levels" you are killing the game.

Those are some ideas to chew v. pompous remarks. I thought I was pompous but clearly I am in a different category to the "winner" of the last FB VC arena (610 FP's spent to win 75 FP).

George Burd likes this.
  9. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

If they keep it like this, but remove the save and have people use tokens. That would work for me, but you only get so many at the start and then you can refill X number of times in a day. And still have the revive, but it doesn't cost so much of your points. This would be good and bring many people back into the Battle Arena and have new ones join. It would be much more fair to all.

10. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

There is an arena in pirate clan tonight. Will the revive feature be gone before this arena starts?????

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Pirate Clan arena did not receive the changes that were present in Viking Clan.

12. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Thanks, Mitch!

13. Vic

Vic Active Member

i didn't see much of a difference myself. i still got a top 100 ranking. maybe i was just lucky.

14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

me either. i got into the top 50. i guess we'll have to see how the changes work out, but i won't be able to play in the next one to see for myself.

15. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

tokens sounds good in theory but it would drive people away i think...people like me that save up fps to have a nice arena haul and dont buy them to do that whenever id like....if you cap the attacks then that makes it hardly worth doing

16. James Wright

James Wright Member

The BA was not broken, you had over 1000 active players on it. Now it is trashed and the reward to spend is totally out of sync. 630 fp for a 75fp reward, yeah that's worth it, NOT!
    Stop screwing around with something that I actually looked forward to. Getting up at 2am to play a click click game was my stress relief, think I will try candy crush again..............
    Thanks for taking all the fun out of the game, not to worry though, guess some players can look forward to doing a 1000 levels on a Cave Boss on Thursday as you will have probably screwed that up as well.

George Burd likes this.
  17. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

the latest round of changes will be terrible if it comes to server 2 PC. the top 6 players killed everyone else within an hour last night, and now everyone has to sit around waiting for 3 days to collect rewards. now they will be able to kill the same players over and over for 3 days, getting free xp while waiting for the forced end of the event?

18. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

What Cave Boss are you talking about coming Thursday. Did I miss something?

19. Can anyone tell me if the saved targets list is still the same? I haven't entered into the arena yet, and won't if the saved targets list is still the same. Each and every time I came out into the arena, I was on a saved targets list. I was killed by the same "viking" five separate times, once immediately after spending 10fp's to re-enter back into the mess. I do not like this part of the arena. If you are someone's saved target, you should be deleted from their list as soon as they kill you. They should not be able to sit on you all throughout the arena! How is that even remotely fair except to the top 1% of the people in the game???!!!
    So... Mitch, has it been changed or is it still the same?

20. Well the big guns still sit on you if you give them good enough points so no change there still not being allowed too play in arena so it may as well be total knockout as i will not join one again after this as make more in 10 mins from bounty hunting than 3 days in arenas