Battle Arena Awarded Non-Players Tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TabithaMoon, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

mannnn, diff game, same old argument and pretty much the same players lol inactives should get out of it exactly what the put into it....a name ;p

2. ben

ben Active Member

dont forget to say it can also knock out the high levels in ba to if people would use team work...

TabithaMoon likes this.
  3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I dont remember anyone ever saying an inactive could never win an arena, mind posting a link to where someone said that? The fact that someone did win arena while remaining inactive does not show strategy at all, what it shows is that the arena is broken. No one got the rewards for winning...thats strategic? No...thats a complete waste. Saying that winning an arena while being completely inactive is strategic is like saying someone strategically dodged the bullet when the marksman plain out missed the shot.

No one is blaming the inactive players and no one should. Many people are blaming the Active players but they shouldnt be blamed either. The only ones to shoulder the blame is Kano. They created this mess and have done nothing about or even chimed in the topic. If a player stands better chance to perform well by doing nothing why wouldnt they? That still doesnt make it right but it certainly doesnt point the blame at them it just means the system is broke.

Under cuurent circumstances in the arena is it strategy to sit in Defensive mode as long as u can and then make a mad dash for your 100 hits? Sure it is because thats they way its currently set up. But all it really shows is that the way its currently set up is wrong and is about as far from what the arena was intended to be as it gets.

Where did someone say that defensive stance should only be used a particular way? i remember quoting kanos words from their "strategy tips" on the battle arena help page. Defensive Stance
    -Use the defensive stance to reduce damage received in times of heavy attacks.

Clever? what part of it is clever? Obvious would be a better description. One does not need to be clever to put themselves in defensive mode 10 days before the start of an arena and be off spending money on some other companies game while the arena is actually underway.

"no one is forcing you to kill the other active players. thats a choice.not bothering the inactive players until you killed the actives is only your own fault. "

Ummm....the majority of inactives are sitting in defensive mode...whos left to hit other than the active players that actually showed up on time to actually play and support the arena and kano?

Its plain and simple....active players are the ones the arena was created for. Active players are what keep these games up and running due to them actually playing and spending money.

4. polishpimp

Why would i say that? of course it could be used that way but the same thing could be done and has been done without the slider. whats your point?

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Whut? I'm pretty sure I said that we're looking into this, although I might be crazy. I understand that this is a touchy topic that needs to be addressed soon, but let's not go starting any pitchfork mobs. ;)

6. ben

ben Active Member

the slider gives a more chance for them to and changing it will give them less chance to ...it dont take much to figure that one out...

7. polishpimp

LOL....I guess that did read a lil rough. My intent was not to trash Kano. Was merely just pointing out that in the end Kano is responsible for everything. That goes for the good as much as the bad.

BTW, if we were to start a mob we would be arming flesh eating zombies with Battle axes, cutlasses and gats....we dont need no stinking pitchforks. ;)

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Lmao I am rarely a mob Mentality type person, but the vision of a pitchfork has my interest :)

9. ben

ben Active Member

i really dont no maybe he is saying the devil made him do it :D

10. polishpimp

Maybe, but in your game of choice the big dogs were only ever beaten before the slider. coincidence? In the end its really not about who wins an arena. 999 times outta 1000 one of the big dogs is going to win whether they are active or not...as it should be. We can argue till were blue in the face about what advantage or disadvantage the slider provides , the pros n cons of active vs inactive....but one thing is for certain, the slider greatly reduces the duration of the arena. The shorter the arena the less opportunity players have to be active whether its because they show up late or simply because everyone is dead so quickly. That fact alone is in direct contradiction to the stated intent of the arena. When the arena lasted longer active players had way more opportunity to get in a few levels because they were able to fly under the radar longer because they were more bodies that lasted longer into the arena. Even back then when the arena lasted longer the "inactive strategy" as u like to call it still paid dividends as they too were able to fly undr the radar longer due to the sheer number of bodies still alive in the arena. Before the slider there was still plenty of inactives that did very well. Moral of the story..... a longer arena pre slider allowed more opportunity for either type of player. It even allowed players who showed up late and still wanted to be active a chance to get some levels in. Post slider if u show up late most people are dead and when u come out of defense they are dead in short order. The simple fact is that the slider shortened the arena way to much and it destroyed most opportunity for the masses. The high levels will always do fine with or without the slider or whether they are attack or defensive oriented. But dont we want whats best for the majority while having the least negative impact on the others?

11. polishpimp

You bought up a really good point Jared. There was a health penalty after a player went 6 hours of being inactive. Im sure its still there but how often does an arena last that long anymore? The point is that Kano obviously thought inactivity should be penalized. Now with the ultra short arenas inactivity is now being rewarded as an end all "strategy" as some would call it. Thats seems pretty odd to me that what once was penalized is now an advantage. If Kano doesnt want to consider any of the suggestions previously offered up maybe they should consider moving up the inactivity health penalty. Now that the arenas only last 3-4 hours maybe players who remain inactive for say 1-2 hours should have their health reduced.

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

FB arenas last longer than the ones you are referring to Polish :)

13. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Simply stated but well said!

14. TabithaMoon

Exactly how I feel. There is nothing "clever" about not showing up to play. Poor sportsmanship for taking advantage in the armor's chink, yes, but nothing clever about being a bad player.

15. TabithaMoon

Well, you know, Halloween is coming soon. Don't go into any forums dressed as Frankenstein's monster LOL! And yes, you did say that. It's appreciated and I look forwarded to what you find. :) I have to say that I hope you take into serious consideration that 49 of the Top 100 players made no attacks at all and probably didn't even sign in to play. That's 49 spots stolen by players who were either only after the XP for signing up or taking advantage of sitting it out and thinking being lazy is clever. I know you're mulling it over with the others. Thanks again!

16. TabithaMoon

I like Polish's suggestion of battle axes, cutlasses, and gats. I think KANO should add in that pitchfork and give a belated welcome to mi7ch good and proper with a Halloween calendar showing him being chased by a mob! ROFL!!

17. polishpimp

I like it! What the heck was he thinking when he said "pitchfork"? We're not playing farmville...lol.

18. TabithaMoon

HAHAHAHA!!! I didn't even think of that! You better watch out. The next arena, your attack and defense buttons might "glitch" ROFL!

polishpimp likes this.
  19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I was thinking of the Frankenstein monster and pictured that scene in the movie as soon as I saw his post lol

20. TabithaMoon

Poor mi7ch. He gives us such awesome jokes of the week and this is how we repay him. We'll all be in the Thanksgiving calendar trussed up like turkeys! LOL!