Battle Arena Awarded Non-Players Tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TabithaMoon, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I wonder what the feedback will be when the fortitude bar is implemented? I, for one, don't care for 2 reasons. 1) I don't live long enough to even attack once, much less 1,000 times or more, and 2) I don't cheat, so I won't be affected for the one arena each month I do get to participate in for 10 or 15 minutes... maybe I should change my strategy, and take Ben and the other constant winners out by myself first... oops, that means more inactives will steal my rewards... oh wait, when I'm active, I don't get a reward... I only get rewards when I'm inactive... now I'm confused... what am I supposed to do in the Join For Free XP And Don't Play Arena again?

P.S. My defensive stance is only about an hour, so I'm not joining to simply "wait out" all of the active players to maximize my inactive ranking for rewards...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Unless I'm misunderstanding and this is something different between you and Ben, I think you are completely on topic. This whole issue revolves around people who want everything in the game handed to them without putting forth any effort. Sign up for the arena, enable defensive stance, then sit back and way for top 10 rewards.

3. TabithaMoon

What is the fortitude bar?

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?10909-The-Fortitude-Bar-and-You-Tips-for-The-Battle-Arena-(October-10)

5. TabithaMoon

Thanks! I only play Pirate Clan so this is the first I've seen of this. Great. RIP Arena! It seems like it may be a deterrent for bot use but I am so tired of being penalized for the cheaters in this game.

I go in guns blazing from the very second the arena starts and I don't stop until my health is depleted to about the middle of where I started. That gives me between 1:30 - 2 hours of defensive stance. I come back as soon as it runs out and kamikaze the rest of the way until I'm dead. I usually get top 10% or top 20% this way, and I'm happy with that because I played the game. I made top 20% last time, not 10% like I thought. Still good lol.

Attacks 6,373
    Kills 4
    Wins 2,001
    Losses 583
    Biggest Attack 5,963,199 damage

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I think most are forgetting is, the new achieves for arena and slider being introduced pretty much at the same time. I could care less active or inactive sitting in defense mode, the slider changed everything IMO. FB VC with ~1800 players is pretty much over in 3 hrs. We have Number of Participants:1,239 with over 5 days left to join in. People usually strive for achieves and with the slider is giving the defense players "as myself" to use it as a opportunity, I say remove the slider "active" even good health and defense can be taken out in less than 30 secs.

7. TabithaMoon

I don't think 3 stamina is too bad, but it definitely cuts down on the kill time from 1 stamina. At least it's not 20 like that one time LOL! You're right about it cutting dramatically down on the arena time. I don't think I could stick with it for 3 days, out of sheer boredom and a hectic schedule offline. As for inactive/active, I stand by believing inactive should not receive any achievements. Call me Spock but it's illogical to award someone for not participating.

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There is zero strategy to riding out an arena in defensive stance. Defensive stance was intended to be used in situations of heavy attack...not an end all strategy from beginning to end.

Blame the actives? Thats the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard considering the inactives far out number the active players. Why do they out number the active players? Because Kano awards free XP just for entering. The random refreshing of the rival page is flawed beyond belief and now defensive stance allow players to ride out an entire arena.

@ john ward, the whole idea of these games is to level up and get stronger. Just because you either choose not to or cant is a moot point.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    TabithaMoon likes this.
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi all,

My understanding of how inactive players are dealt with in the Arena is that if you don't do the minimum of 100 attacks you don't get the rewards. I'm not sure on it, but not doing the minimum also ensures that it doesn't add to your achievements either.

However, I know that it's a bit of a bummer to see people who don't play place higher than those who do. I think this is due for a reexamining by the developers.

10. polishpimp

Not true....inactive players (less than 100) attacks still get achievements

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Well that's why I added the caveat. ;)

TabithaMoon likes this.
  12. polishpimp

Damn...thwarted again! Youve obviously done this sort of thing before. ;)

13. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Thank you Tabitha. And Mitch i believe polish is correct they still get the achievements but not the rewards in arena. However some are saying they are getting rewarded and if they are you guys have a glitch. And secondly the ones who made it down without the min hits screwed up the tier bracket. Certain players if you remove those numbers that those players ranked out of the bracket bar other players would have been in a new bracket and they did not get the extra favor points the extra gold and the extra exp and whatever with the attack during battle also. This is what players are complaining about.

14. TabithaMoon

hahaha!! :p

15. TabithaMoon

Thank you so much for looking into this, Mi7ch! :)

16. TabithaMoon

My initial complaint was that non-players were getting awarded for not playing, but then as the conversation went on and you listed all the numbers of inactives who placed in the top 100, I realized just how much of an impact it had on placement and losing out on deserved rewards. That's 49 player spots. That makes a world of difference. I'm grateful Mi7ch is looking into it. I'm curious if their findings will impact this last arena board (it gets adjusted and the right people are awarded as when new achievements are created) or if it will just move forward to incorporate future arenas. Either way, I love the arena and hope it gets fixed before the next one.

17. polishpimp

Howdy Jared, its been awhile.

It is all about strategy. Ive performed well in ZS and LCN while remaining active with low level accounts and less than an hour of defensive stance. I wish I could be more active but i have realistic expectations of what I can do. The highest of levels are going to win most if not all the time and why shouldnt they? They are the biggest and the strongest and handicapped to boot. Im not saying you feel this way but I think alot of players just have unrealistic expectations of how they should do, obviously if a low to mid level could win then it would mean that the arena was either way to random, it was handed to them, or just waaaaay to handicapped....what would be the fun in that? I take a lot of pride even when I win with my higher level account because I have to overcome the odds with every arena I enter because there are players that are much higher rated and Teams of players that come after me just about every arena. I take even more pride when one of my Lil accounts in other games rank well....its def can be alot of work and means manning my PC whether Im in defense or not, but it sure is a lot of fun to rank higher than those thousands of levels ahead of me. There are plenty of other examples of low to mid level players being active and performing well regularly in most of the games without any type of help from higher levels.....it just takes a lot of work

18. ben

ben Active Member

it was once said that a inactive could never win a arena. well it DID happen. the fact it happened should show its a strategy and inactives should get full reward for the rank they fall out at. you can only blame the actives for not waiting..to blame inactives is totally absurd..not the inactives fault the active players would rather kill the other actives rather than wait the inactives out. in fact last arena on kps2 pc arena a player was inactive and only attacked when the d stance ran out... yes they made the 100 attacks before we could kill it. they placed 11th. that is strategy to be inactive. and far as kps2 where the inactive won it..you have to blame the actives for that one. fact is the inactive won that arena which should show its strategy.i see someone here saying d mode should only be ysed like this and like that..no where does it say you have to use it that way. you are allowed to use defense however you want. its a smart strategy and i hope kano adjusts it back whereinactives get the full reward regardless of where they rank at. its a clever strategy that im really surprised kano hasnt figured out yet. inactives know the active players will hit other actives..that right there is actives fault..no one is forcing you to kill the other active players. thats a choice.not bothering the inactive players until you killed the actives is only your own fault. you cant blame inactives for surviving. that all falls on the active players... inactives are smart players plain and simple. since a inactive did win a arena i think kano should relook at it as a strategy. thats really what it is. a strategy. a plain and simple clever strategy. and the inactive won on kps2 vc arena...

19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I understand that, Polish. I'm not saying that I deserve a top ranking in any of the games (LCN, Vikings, or Pirates), because I don't believe my builds in any of them warrant it.

My point is that I'm making an effort to be as active as I can in the one arena a month that I'm able to participate in, and I'm lucky to last 30 minutes trying to take out inactive players when an active player takes me out and I'm not able to use the 7 days' worth of stamina rewards that I have saved specifically for the arena.

Primarily because of the slider, the arena mechanics have changed to reward inactivity even more than before, because the arenas are lucky to last 3 hours now. Before the slider, I don't believe the majority of players could simply sit in defensive stance the entire time to get a top 100 ranking (once upon a time, there were health penalties for not participating for a certain period of time).

20. polishpimp

I hear ya and couldnt agree more. The slider has screwed everything up. As much as I like it and use it to my advantage I know full well that it makes things go way to fast which hurts the active players far more than the less active or heavy defensive builds. Its one of them "damned if ya do and damned if ya dont" situations. If a player such as myself uses the slider its costs the other active players but if I dont use others still will and then Im ass out. The only real fix is to scale back defensive times or reduce the number of attacks to bring back the balance between builds. Why Kano doesnt get that or even acknowledge it is beyond me.