Battle Arena Awarded Non-Players Tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TabithaMoon, Oct 20, 2013.

1. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

I'm wondering if something is wrong with the Battle Arena because people who didn't even log in made the top 10 and top 20. People who made no kills made the top 10/20, as well.

I'm not trying to be a "it's not fair!" player, but really, it isn't fair to the people who played and stuck it out for as long as they could, made a lot of kills, and actually played the game. I made top 10% so it's not jealousy. It's a reasonable observation that the arena awarded absentee players tonight.

It may just be my opinion but I don't think anyone should qualify if they don't log in to play. No battles = no ranking. No kills = no Top 5/10/20%.

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong, that's the way the battle arenas work now... everyone is eligible for rewards, no matter where they rank or if they are even able to play... the solution right now is to maximize your defensive stance time so that you can make it past the first 2 hours before the 3 day arena ends in 3 hours... I'm actually looking forward to my top 100 rankings for the next 3 arenas, because I won't live long enough to even get an attack in...

3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Actually Jared you have to make 100 hit min to be given any awards in the arena. They changed that after a few arenas of players complaining about this issue. And as far as my knowledge goes kano has not reverted this back. So if any players did rank and didn't make any hits whatsoever they are supposed to be bumped off the rankings and everyone moves down the brackets.

4. TabithaMoon

That's what I thought, too. Have you looked at the results board? It's crazy!

5. TabithaMoon

I hope this isn't a violation since these are just aliases for the arena. This is just the Top 20. I didn't go further:

#7: NumbNut
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 107
    Losses 853
    Biggest Attack 5,935,647 damage

#10: makesmesleep
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 39
    Losses 302
    Biggest Attack 6,215,996 damage

#11: SheenaEStun
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 30
    Losses 135
    Biggest Attack 14,566,490 damage

#15: clint
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 45
    Losses 228
    Biggest Attack 5,877,208 damage

#18: makeitrain
    Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 27
    Losses 117
    Biggest Attack 11,631,345 damage

6. Jon Ward

7 10 11 15 18 21 23 24 25 26 28 30 32 33 34 38 42 43 45 46 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 59 60 61 62 63 64 74 76 78 79 81 82 83 85 88 90 92 93 96 97 99 100

None of those numbers made the 100 hit min. I was against this feature when they implemented it after the first couple arena's. Because so many players were crying about it happening get over it if you couldn't kill them. But as always in games crybabies get their ways. So now because the whole aspect of arena has changed where it would takes half a day or longer to even get down to 300 players now it takes 30 mins or less. And those crybabies are more then likely hiding in one of those number spots right there with no hits because now they can't survive themselves either.

7. TabithaMoon

This disappoints me because the Arena became the only place where people actually battle anymore. The game is flooded with cagers who hit and hide, and who run to their armada if you manage to catch them and get a hit in before they go into the hospital. Now, they hide in the arena and get awarded for it.

8. Jon Ward

Yep i agree.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Kano never made it so players dropped in the ranks for not getting the minimum (even though thats what the majority of players wanted). All they did was make it so the inactive players got the same rewards as rankd 26-50 despite where they actually ranked. Unfortunately.....it doesnt make any diff whether they are active or not to still get the achievements and the corresponding reward. In other words...Kano is promoting inactivity

10. TabithaMoon

It would seem so. The only reason I play everyday now is to build myself up for the arena. Otherwise, it's boring. Hopefully, they'll fix it.

11. ben

ben Active Member

yet again as said countless times..if inactives make reward tier you can only blame the active players. no one says kill the actives.so the fact inactives get up the ranks blame the actives. thank you and have a lovely day

12. TabithaMoon

What the who now? Inactives have no business even being ranked. There's nothing complex about that. If they don't play, they shouldn't rank. Yes, it's an opinion, but I would like to see someone go to a tennis match and sit on the sidelines and say, "Where's my trophy? No, I didn't play but that means I didn't lose any matches so ... Where's my trophy?"

13. ben

ben Active Member

inactive is a strategy plain and simple. they are smart players cause they know actives will kill other actives and leave them alone. but you can only blame the actives for this... if they wanna kill the other actives then yes inactives deserve there rank... they should get the full reward and not penalized like they currently are. inactive is a strategy ...few vc kps2 arenas back a inactive took 1st but only got rewarded for rank 50. the fact he took 1st should show this is strategy...

in pirate arena kps2 my group is usually waiting the inactives out..but we actually enjoy the wait... makes it more fun...

14. i do agree you, no one blame the inactive guys .. blame the active guys :)
    even though i ranked 437 after joining and killing only 4 lol !!!

15. TabithaMoon

So what you're saying is that no one should actually play? No offense to your opinion but I like my idea better, that if you don't play in the arena, don't sign up. If you do sign up and don't play, the system treats you as if you aren't signed up until you actually do something.

If the strategy is to be inactive, that player just proves how pathetic they are, just like the hit and hiders.

Pirate Clan is a fighting game but we don't have to fight if we don't want to for our dailies - that's what undead pirates are for. However, the arena was created around the whole fighting aspect of the game. What's the point if cowards can go there and hide, too, not play and get rewarded for hiding in a corner while everyone else fights in the fighting feature? There is no logic to it.

I'm glad your group has fun beating up the inactives (and I give you a standing ovation for that lol) but can we not agree that it's messed up for them to rank higher than those playing the game as it was meant to be played? I'll never accept cheating as an acceptable strategy to any game.

16. ben

ben Active Member

can take a horse to water but cant make em drink..theres plenty of reasons why someone isnt active...something could of came up...or maybe they just like to play smart and be inactive. playing inactive is just a smart strategy plain and simple. we enjoy waiting the inactives out as that brings excitement.. the more inactives that join by there free choice means the better we make out in the end...

17. Jon Ward

Yep just like holding your breath till your blue in the face complaining about more material more material because i leveled myself into oblivion i guess they deserve that to right ben. I mean shouldn't they be rewarded for leveling so fast the developers can't keep up and you whine and complain constantly. I guess there is a strategy to that to in your opinion.

18. Pirate Clan is a STRATEGY game, you do whatever you want to survive.
    The Arena is The Hunger Games movie but a game, the girl in the hunger games didn't kill alot, was hiding and running alot, FINALLY she won : ) , so you should chose your tactic.
    BTW, if you feel jealous of inactive getting high rank, when you feel lucky just be inactive and wait to see if you have a chance to be in a high rank, no one is going to blame you for being inactive, unless you want to blame yourself. : )

19. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Some maybe inactive - others? might just be used as bait 2 see who's hitting them for someone else to go after, that way they can see who is active if their not in their battle list, thank the search bar for most of this happening & the details it shows when you click on someone to see if they r active............

20. TabithaMoon

Wouldn't that mean someone is playing with alternate accounts? That would narrow KANO's search way down LOL!