[FB] Background image Freezing Screen Size

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by AlterEgoT, Sep 27, 2014.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I am not exactly sure what you would call it. But on Facebook if you hide background there is white on the left handside, if you show background there is black and I assume zombie related images.

I'm wondering is that is necessary?

I ask because on laptops it makes World Chat unuseable as it makes the actual game frame stuck right in the middle with background on either side and Facebook has that stupid add spot on the right with apps and recommends and such. so if you open world chat it opens over the game. If you move it to the right like you can on KP it's under the adverts.

This also makes chat windows pop up over the game.

Is there something Kano can do so that it moves all the way to the left of that open space freeing up the right side for chats?

It may not be the background image doing it I have no idea. I just know it's frustrating having to choose one or the other. Chat or playing. It's more fun to leave the chats open and comment as you play.

Appreciate if you could answer if it's possible and something y'all were willing to do.

Thanks!

American Nightmare likes this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

If the "pop out option" doesn't appear so world chat will toggle to right side of screen and game will shift to the left, then have to zoom out 1 time. I as well have this problem. (Cntrl / - to zoom out but sure know that) :p

3. AlterEgoT

I'm as zoomed out as it will go. But thank you I forgot about the pop out part. Still doesn't fit but at least my chat window isn't over the game as much. Thank you.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

P1.png P2.png P3.png

I have to zoom out to get pop out as well, can you get to work like that?

Mitch, I saw you post link other day for info on puter, it showed browser, screen size, etc.

NM, found your link
    https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ remember people only use the specifics, not your IP if take picture

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  5. AlterEgoT

Pop out quit showing up :( FF 7
    Guess I could try chrome but I tend to drag the buttons on that one lol.

Ah got it. Thanks Jades.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

A few things I can comment on here.

The background is not a priority, if you have the game on your screen and open the chat, the game will, or should, move over to accommodate for the extra space. It won't try to maintain its position in the middle to show off the background, so I'm fairly certain that isn't the root of the issue.

Screen size also plays a factor here. As I said above, the game will move over to make space for the chat, but on smaller screen sizes, the chat will pop out instead. If you're playing on a laptop, then you should have enough room to the chat and game up on the same screen, regardless of FB's add column on the right hand side.

Also, from your last post are you using version 7 of Firefox or is that Firefox on Windows 7? Firefox is up to version 32.0.3 now, and we recommend that people keep their browsers up to date and use one of the supported ones (Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari) otherwise you can encounter problems.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No clue why won't work, I have to zoom out 1 time for the pop-out to appear.

Captures3.PNG

AlterEgoT likes this.
  8. AlterEgoT

Firefox is up to date to the latest version it will let me get.

Windows 7.

As with Jade if I zoom out I can make it fit but it's all entirely unreadable. If it would move the screen over when I dragged it to the right only a very small part would be cut off, instead it doesn't move it just cuts off 3/4 of the chat.

Not a big whoop, but it'd be nice if we could move the black frame some how. I'm sure a lot of folks like it as close to center as they can get. I just would rather have a chat room open to talk since the games are so slow these days. I dislike choosing between talking and playing.

I should be used to it as much as kano's feed puts me in time out. Cause you know we wouldn't want to miss that world boss help request or anything :p

Just giving you a little grief Mitch. Appreciate you answering.

You might nudge the developers. You can tell how slow the game is by how often I'm nitpicking in forums ;)

Anyway,
    Thank you Jade, that forces it to scoot over if I zoom out. Doesn't work since I can't read what is written but it does work, lol.

Your web browser is:
    Firefox 32 on Windows 7
    Is your Web browser up to date?
    ✓ Your web browser is up to date.

9. AlterEgoT

Still very much is an issue when using ff.

You absolutely have to zoom out for it to work when on a smaller screen.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I was messing around with some FF options other day AlterEgo, and it seems mine is stuck @110% zoom for some reason. Give it a try.

Capturea.PNG

This does fix it, but not sure why won't stick @ 100%, but yes it's still way easier to zoom out one time. o_O

11. AlterEgoT

Huh?

I can zoom at will. But it is not good for the ole eyes to use the zoom and try to read.

Especially when there is all this nifty black space on the left it could use.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well this was last comment before tried helping a fix, mine was stuck on 10% zoom in for some reason.

If not good for the eyes, stuff WC it top left of the screen. I's what I do.

Capturelol.PNG

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  13. AlterEgoT

but then you can't see who is attacking easily :/

I suppose I'll just stay isolated.

But it really would be nice if they would allow resizing of stuff width wise like they do up and down.

If we can't just left justify the actual screen of the game.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I agree, there is so much dead space that should be utilized, or resizable horizontally. Don't make fun of pic LOL but this is a example
    CaptureA.PNG

LOL, Feck it, I'll make fun of my own pic.
    EDIT:actually resizing the screen horizontally would mess with the vertical as well, which might not be so pleasant either :(
    Not positive, but my guess will be a no go.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  15. AlterEgoT

lol. Thanks. I meant if we could resize the chat window. you can drag it up and down to resize so we we could shrink the width when needed it'd give us that 6 mm fb requires for it to fit.

Or better yet. Make it so that you can cover the people you might know, apps, you might like, etc.

TEHE. yeah I know FB would never go for it. We HAVE to see things we have no interest in ya know ;)

I'm too lazy to photo shop what I mean this round.