August 13th- Developer Update (Map Updates)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

• the maps have been updated to be shorter and less cluttered than the initial release
    • map Tooltips have been refined and any boss requirements will directly link to the quest/boss required to earn the needed achievement
    • a map for USA is now active
    When you first perform an Outbreak in a location with a map, currently only USA and Germany, it will default to the Map View. This can easily be toggled using the view buttons located above the top right corner of the map/outbreak list and looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Now that the USA map is available to all players we encourage your feedback about what you like and don't like about this feature so we can continue to make it better for all players.

2. Looks good will be good to see players transport in middle of map

[​IMG]
    so this is just a start of world map .. will be good when map is finish we can click on planet icon and get some like google earth planet and use tool to turn planet and see all locations..

[​IMG]

i think to talk about city's on earth in 3d model will be to soon :eek:

[​IMG]

3. SteveW

SteveW Member

It would be nice to see the percent complete for each job. I know you can mouse over the icon and get additional info but having the percentage shown on the map itself would add to the 'overview' of that country.

Just my 2c

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks SteveW, that is an excellent suggestion! This has now been implemented on the Maps.

5. SteveW

SteveW Member

Excellent, much better. Thanks for listening!

6. AbNo

AbNo Member

That's pretty slick.

Um, how about a level and/or time left (fight or regen) display for the bosses while we're at it? :D

7. We could do without the maps...my machine runs slow enough as it is thanks.

8. SteveW

SteveW Member

For someone with 1059 hitlist kills that's surprising to hear. I have a quick machine and interenet connection and never get there before you or anyone else has stolen the kill!:p

9. Never the less....it does slow your machine down...I would have 5X that if my machine was faster...it's not a gaming PC.
    and I win the bounty....not steal it.

10. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

How does one steal a bounty? :confused:

11. SteveW

SteveW Member

Yes, tell em more about this stealing of bounties :D

Mine isn't a gaming PC either just a reasonable spec and it's fine. Sorry if you know this already but you realise you can toggle the map off right and just have the standard screen displayed?

God knows how you guys get so many kills, I'm going as quick as I can to get them and hardly ever even get attack someone. I mash the mouse button for the next attack but 9.9/10 I get the message saying the bounty has already been taken!!:mad::p

12. so far i like the map [​IMG] as im not been in America its showing some biggest city's in USA
    so if im to lazzy to look at google maps than i see them here in ZS

also the same i can say about Americans .. how much i know they dont really know Europe locations/citys... :D
    i think its good to have some real maps... i wish they add my original country Latvia - its nice country with 70% Baltic sea around clean beach lots forests some big city's like Riga Liepaja Daugavpils full of zombies he he

And one more thing - You forgot Mother Russia lol

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This data is currently available and I will run through some of the scenarios.

Active Bosses
    • have a red health bar displayed above the Boss icon on the map.
    • Tooltips will show you the: Fight Time Left in the battle, Boss level, attack and defense
    Inactive Bosses tooltip's will show the Boss attack/defense as well as time until you can start your next battle if applicable.

Locked Bosses will display the requirements needed in order to unlock them.