[LCN] Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 27, 2015.

1. celticdog

celticdog New Member

better xp for my stamina plz!!!!!!

2. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Tried it again and I still hate it. Defensive mode needs to be taken out. I can't physically spend my stamina before I'm killed

zaraki likes this.
  3. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

cant take defensive mode out, part of the strategy. Its saved me from others killing me many times and was able to turn it off and kill a few more before my untimely death so hell no leave defensive.

4. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It still should be shorter.

5. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

i get that there is too much for some, and it aint right either for the ones that make it all the way and still not get 1st place, there needs to be something changed its not right to ride out and be last man standing and not take the victory, its alittle messed up because this is suppose to be a last man standing event now its who got the most fps to win. Defense time should be a max of 1 hr at the most outta of your total then you have to come out for 30 minutes, if you decide to disable there should be no penalty for that and i say there should be no more than a max of 3 hrs total thats plenty and if you do make it in the top percent you will need at least 5000 attacks to be able to claim any victory in the top 20 spots. And do away with the points its totally opposite of the name of the competition it is a battle arena not a basketball game.

6. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Then get rid of start in defensive mode. It's a joke that there are no targets to hit other than people thousands of levels above you.

7. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Defense is part of the strategy , is true def stance can save you for the moment to be killed and then you can return to battle and do more kills , so is not bad feature in this Arena format. Xp should be definettly better, is real low

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  8. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if people could use max 10 or 15 minutes of def mode and do that 3 times or so. But right now people just put themselves in def mode for a long time, which doesn't make sense for their own score, so it is just to grief others.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  9. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Experience per stamina should be higher. This would create more incentive for players to participate even if killed before Rewards Phase. Higher experience per stamina would encourage players to participate if even just attacking everyone until they are killed. It would certainly create more action in the arena.

Defense Mode should be changed. Either a player cannot start out in Defense Mode or set it up so starting in Defense Mode only lasts 15 or 30 minutes before automatically clicking off. There should be no penalty for coming out of Defense Mode.... the game should encourage players to try and come out and score more points without fear of losing Defense time trying to play when attacked by someone stronger. Defense Mode should have a limited time before automatically coming out. If a player is playing and sitting there, they could jump back into Defense Mode if being stalked or attacked. But the idea that players go into Defense Mode and then leave their computer for the rest of the BA only delays the end and makes it frustrating for players who are playing. When attacking players in Defense Mode, you already lose a ton of damage. So why do you score so few points as well? The game should be designed so that players who are willing to take the hit in their own health for attacking a player in Defense Mode that they still receive a decent amount of points. The game already drags at the end because players going for points do not want to use stamina for 2-3 points when attacking a player in Defense Mode. If the points were better, even though a player might lose a lot of health, they may find it their last chance to gain points before their own death and attack players in Defense Mode.

And I think most people would like to see some bonus in points for placement in the 2nd half. However, I think having 100 attacks and placing 5th while another player does 10,000 attacks and goes out fighting at 25th should be really evaluated when Rankings are considered. The idea of BA was originally the Last Man Standing BUT I strongly believe it was never meant to be simply a DEFENSE reward either. In my opinion, it was to be a Last Man Standing FIGHTING event. In the old days of BA on Kong LCN, Chucky dominated the BA by not only lasting the longest but he also killed just about everyone. He did not just sit back and wait for everyone to be killed and placed at the end. And I think that was the problem for the other places - too many came in did 100 attacks, went into DEFENSE MODE and then left for the rest of the BA. And because they had 4 or 5 hours Defense Mode time, they were the last for Chucky to kill and they were placing Top 10 and often times even Top 5. A player who only does 100 attacks should not get a 5th place reward for simply having the highest defense. if you want Defense Rewards, petition Kong LCN to give out monthly rewards for skill allocation. But the BA is not the place for it.

StoneCK likes this.
  10. Vic

Vic Active Member

this is just a crapshoot now, i got lucky and lasted 10 minutes last night, so i might actually get a ranking this time.

11. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

its sad that you only last 10 minutes when you get lucky, Vic

Sandy Barrows, The Milk Man and AXXO like this.
  12. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

don't play BA anymore lol, saving gf for raids. better xp. at least i get an item for every raid we kill.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Guardian Angel

yes if they dont increase the Xp for BA, will probably less and less people join in future

GATMAN likes this.
  14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

but think of all the fight drops you'll miss out on if you don't try for a few minutes twice a month!

15. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

You can earn drops by fighting, and then there is SW. besides some of the drop items cannot use in inventory as they're weak. lol

16. Guardian Angel

attack and defense of those drops weapons cant help me anyway, attack and defense are to low

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  17. If Sudden death start at 2-3 A.M i Europe you can forget me i am sleeping .... Why you dont use also greenwich time to for Europe ?

18. I understand that the Battle Arena is a problem for European players the Battle Start for us at 07 P.M and Sudden Dead the next Day At 05 A.M .. I dont think i am going weak up for playing the Sudden Death ....

19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I live in the US EST snd i am not getting up for a game or staying up late

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  20. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

I'm in the U.S. and BA times for me are 12 noon & 8 p.m. when on Wed. and 4 p.m. and Midnight when on Sat. No one time will be convenient for all players but hopefully there is enough variety in times players should at least be able to play every other BA if they so choose to play.

Kirsten likes this.