[Forums] Alliances

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JADES, Jan 5, 2013.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Could not find old thread on this idea, but would like to see what community thinks about it. Everyone knows higher level=less to do, and sometimes is of fault of them selves doing so. Idea is: alliances only cause drama between leader's of the guild's, but what if hypothetically speaking 'IF FRIENDS' with a alliance guild they can hit your bosses non clan 'NOT FRIENDS' can't? and able still go for bounty being this way? Not sure if possible this way but would be a nice feature for hunters killing their own friends to steal a kill and coin.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

im not sure what you mean entirely, can you elaborate a bit more? will hold off on voting till then

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Basically DEMONIC if we were friends and in different guilds, we'd have to be clan to hit each others bosses, adv, challenges, thus preventing getting each others bounties. But what if our guilds were in alliance thus making It kinda like we were in same guild, so could not be clan and still hit bosses etc. and go for each others bounties. If we were 'not friends' and guilds were in alliance= just way the game is now. Hunting purposes basically LOL.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

This would be nice, but at the same time I'd rather it stay the way to is to be more of a challenge to level. If you really want you could do what I do. There's a few friends who we will hve an invite from each other in our inbox and accept whenever we need to help a challenge/outbreak then desquad again

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yeah I do that with 1 person as well LOL

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

I would like to see this. but I can see a bunch of people mainly riders, throwing a hissyfit about it.

You get a 10 from me.

Expect trolling when TP comes back lol

7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

I don't agree with this idea. You aren't clan then you shouldn't be allowed on bosses or anything else. Not all alliances get along. Some individuals have issues with others in an alliance with their guild/armada. While this idea has some merit it is not feasible due to general human nature in the game. I predict many problems would come about if this idea is allowed to be utilized on the game.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Which is why stated need to be 'friends' with the person in order for this to work, so those individual's that do have issues can't destroy your boss etc.

9. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

okay. I think I understand more fully. And I now whole heartedly disagree with this idea. it limits those groups with less alliances. it limits those individuals with no group affiliation. it limits those groups with more enemies than alliances. it would create a lot of alliances just for that sole benefit. I disagree with you on this idea my friend. no hard feelings but my vote is a NO.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Main thing I'm trying to get at is I see no point in alliances what so ever, doubt many use guild chat and have their alliances in it. If they do have alliance, chat usually would be a separate chat IMO. If anyone could give me a reason of 'ANY' benefits having alliances, and work for these games. I might see it differently, any opinions on that? Anyone remember when could slap own clan? maybe they needed it LOL.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

gotcha now, i had pretty much the same idea without the alliance part and always thought any bounty should be available to anyone....if someone is wanted and theres a million dollar reward theres no clause saying friends cant collect it, only enemies. it would also save me the trouble of healing till friends can remove me, i hate that crap its annoying...id give it a 100 if i could but only a mere 10 from me

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yeah not to mention people that never agreed to declan for bounty purposes, ROYAL pain in the arse that situation is, ask few of my new enemies LOL. They say, but was biggest bounty ever got, do I care no, LOL declan me for bounty without asking=defriend you for doing so. Especially if never talk to the person on a daily basis.

13. Angel or Not

Angel or Not Member

Even being in Alliance with another Armada/Guild/Syndicate I rarely have everyone in clan...but I try and respect the Alliance as it hard to get all 25 people on the same page... so anyone I'm not clan with attacking my boss ... not sure that would go over to well...lol...I'd give this a "0" if I could....but "1" it is,:( sorry

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

If not friends with 'X' person they would not be able to hit your boss, read entire statement before replying.

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

How does it "limit" anyone? It would not be beneficial to a group with no alliances, but it wouldn't hurt them in any way shape or form.

How is, Giving people a "good reason" to make an alliance. hurt the game?

This is what Im seeing, You dont want to make alliances, so you dont want anyone to benefit from doing so.

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Spot on ERASER, at least a few people understand where I'm going with this LOL

17. Angel or Not

Angel or Not Member

Sorry Matthew, I did read your entire statement, and all subsequent posts after, and if I didn't understand your point maybe I do now but with that said if anyone in an alliance goes after my bounty its because they have prior approval...if not then guess that's why they call it a rival list. So with that said I still give it a 1...am I understanding you right now?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I give up with you Angel

19. slave

slave Member

necissity is the mother of strange bedfellows

how many wars or battles are decided by politics not strength?

alliances exist in many ways, shapes and forms and woe be to the man who stands alone

you dont want allies? more power to you
    but when it comes down to it, the more allies you have the better you will do in games like these....

and even loosely formed alliances are better than no alliances at all

and you dont even have to be friends with someone to have an alliance, it is what you make of it

20. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

A 10!

Well to me, after having a guild stocked full of alliances and maybe 10 to 20 more guilds wanting to be in alliance, I gave up on alliances as seeing them of no benefit whatever game wise. The one hook to them that was unique was the alliance message board within the guild message feed. That however was tested many times for any communication whatever and none was ever replied to and none was ever seen to reply to. In essence, they look good i.e. this bunch is allied. And I gather to folks considering enemy requests, to have a swarm of guilds in your alliance looks good as well, but when its put up or shut up time, its damn awful quiet. So my guild took a no alliance approach and to be honest, I cannot tell / feel the difference. This is from a top guild point of view and maybe other guilds would feel differently.

To the idea, I like it in the sense that it gives purpose to having alliance. If clanned players A and B, each in separate guilds that are allied with each other, are allowed to hunt for each other, the alliance has meaning. If an enemy lists either, it may help protect them from an enemy bounty balling them back to that enemy. If the gold goes to the allied, then all of a sudden alliances matter very much, and can help v. enemy guilds. It would then introduce a further dimension to the game and of course then strategy :D

Hypothetically, it would add more bounty action to the game, as to be effective, more bounties would have to be applied to make an enemy give in.

With the war mode overlay, alliances would again have value in that more allied players in warmode could be protected on bounty from enemy to enemy listings, with alliance interceptions, warmoded or not. The listing guilds would have to work that much harder if the alliance players were present.

To work, if clan is listed, clan is open to the non-clanned and the clan that are in alliance (check setting). There need be no declanning involved and that complication. The rival list will show the allied clanned bounty catcher, not subject to retaliation. Save message of appreciation. Of course the next step might be the catcher lists the person who bountied their allied clan ... they do have the gold of the enemy to use :)

More action! More carnage! More fun! Thumbs up! 10!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013