Adventure Achievements and Assists

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Jillian Thyra Johansson, Apr 16, 2014.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Wow...its not often that the hottest, smartest, funniest and last but not least ...BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME posts, but now shes throwing out ideas??? So when she does....she gets 10 stars from me.

I def understand why we arent allowed unlimited assists that receive XP and coin but as JJ suggested kano can simply faze out the coin and xp once a player has hit the cap and still allow them to assist for nada. Participation numbers being what they are it is sometimes difficult for players to get all the help they need, especially new players.

i disagree with raising the cap and allowing full XP and coin as someone suggested. Once again this would allow for an advantage that early players did not get

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll get this looked into and come back with some comments from the devs, if they have any. :)

3. polishpimp

Sounds good Mitch...ty. Back when participation numbers were diff. this wasnt really much of an issue and the cap was understandable because people would hog the assists being that they were limited in comparison. Maybe just lift the cap until hopefully the numbers increase again

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I appreciate that, Polish. But I'm a he, not a she. Or was this about the OP? :rolleyes:

5. Anxiously awaiting a reply to this suggestion. Please don't forget us! Thank you. :)

6. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

I play ZS but commenting because they usually make these changes across all the games. I assume this would be the same as Outbreaks because the max help is 30 also. I voted one to leave the max where it is. I did this because challenges are uncapped but xp rewards are cut off after 50. If I'm lucky, on a regular non calendar day, I'll get in 10 helps, they fill up really fast. I've never maxed out on challenge helps even with a mini calendar. I happen to have a small squad and have no interest in dramatically increasing that number. Now outbreak helps, I always max out, I always hit 30. I get the full xp rewards from those and miss out on the challenges because they are capped. If outbreaks aren't capped they too will fill up really fast and I will miss out on those as well. Uncapping them also leaves room for alt abuse which is probably why they were capped to begin with.

Anyways, achievements should be something you work for, not an automatic retroactive boost the day they are released.

Joined 1429 days ago
    Outbreaks assisted: 33136

By the way, if this will have zero impact on ZS please excuse this post altogether, and I'll change my vote.

7. Just because YOU have a small squad you're going to rate this a one? This isn't just about one person, it's about the fact that Kano released achievements for this particular action that would take YEARS to achieve maxing out each day on thirty assists.

That being said, I am pretty sure Kano granted my request. I'll have to pay more attention tomorrow when I help my friends but today I was able to help every one of my captains in PC without hitting the limit and I'm almost positive it was more like forty than thirty that I assisted. If that is the case, thank you Kano! If not, lol, still waiting for a response to this thread. :)

8. ben

ben Active Member

i think it was 30 for me but i might be wrong ... i will keep count on it tomorrow to be sure

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We haven't changed anything, but I'll be going over the outstanding Community Ideas with the developers on Monday (including this one).

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

OK, met with the developers on this one and they feel like it's something we can look at changing, so I'm moving it to the "considered" section.

Couple of thoughts about this: we can either bump the limit up to 40/50 or have it based on a person's activity in the games, so for example if a person is more active in the game overall then they can have more Adventure/Job assists.

Thoughts?

11. ben

ben Active Member

both sounds good to me thanks

12. polishpimp

just saw this....LMAO!

13. polishpimp

SWEEET! JJ will be thrilled to hear this....im off to let her know.

I think basing it on activity is a GREAT idea. REWARD THE ONES THAT PLAY! it wont help me much these days but Im glad toi hear that Kano might be coming around.

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I think activity based limits/rewards is a GREAT idea, not only for adventure assists, but other aspects of the games as well. As Polish posted, reward the ones that play. Maybe this will help promote activity as well...

15. polishpimp

Agreed. But hopefully reward people for actually playing. Not like daily rewards where people just log in and collect or simply stay logged in. Actual substance that reflects actual playing/activity. If I want something for doing nothing i'll go enter an arena in defensive mode. ;)

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Amen, brother. More incentives to actually encourage playing the games for a length of time, instead of just logging in to spend a few minutes to get gps and collect daily rewards. We agree again... the world must be ending soon...

17. OMGosh, thank you SO much! Just wondering what kind of time frame usually exists for implementation? I was just doing my assists and I hit the wall @ 30 still.

I apologize for taking so long to thank you, Polish DID tell me right away, so my tardiness is all on me. Either way you think is best is fine with me. Sorry that doesn't help with making a decision.

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

For implementation we don't have an estimated time frame but when it gets closer to releasing I'll update this thread.

19. polishpimp

apparently its been updated....ty

20. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

great point Jared but Ben will never agree to that, lol. i agree that there should be no limit as the xp and money would be nothing after a certain amount