Item Quantity Hover

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Jared, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It would be nice if you could see item quantities (and stats, for that matter, but I'll just take quantities) when you hover over the icons. This would be similar to how it works on your profile page when you hover over the item name in your inventory. It's pretty labor intensive to locate an item, and then try to figure out how many of that item you have. I have almost 700,000 items in my inventory. This would be a more dynamic set up than what we have now, which means it's probably not even going to be considered, much less approved, even much less implemented.

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Another idea floating in the ether, what a surprise.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Items already display the quantity that you own in your Inventory, so I'm not 100% sure what you're suggesting. We wouldn't need a hover state for quantity or A/D strength when it's already displayed.

[​IMG]

The dropdowns on your inventory page also already display the quantity and A/D strength underneath the icon and display the item name on hover:

[​IMG]

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yup if this is what he means , it has been there for years :)

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Ugh. Let's try this again.
    I know I can go to my inventory page to check quantities of items. I don't know about anyone else, but I have 14 pages of weapons alone, not counting armor and vehicles.
    I also know I can go to my profile page to see how many items I'm actually using.
    Let's say there's a job that drops whatchamacallits. Let's say I'm not using them because I have more powerful items, but I want to find out how many of them I already have.
    Wouldn't it be nice to hover over the drop icon on the job page and see how many of them I have (with stats would be even better). I can hover over it now and see that's it's a whatchamacallit, but that's it.
    So now telling me I have to go through 14 pages of weapons to find out how many I have? The inventory pages are not searchable, so knowing I'm looking for a whatchamacallit doesn't help.
    This idea is: 1) to make the game more user-friendly. 2) to reduce what is already an astronomical amount of "clicking" (tapping, whatever).
    3) just a good ol' fashioned nice thing to do.
    Forget I asked.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I am not a mind-reader, so there is no reason to be rude in your follow-up if I don't pick up what you're putting down.

This doesn't say which icons you want this to pop up on when you hover over them. As we both know there are dozens of places to see an item icon. If you had specified that you want this on the Jobs page then we both could have saved some time explaining something we both already know.

I honestly don't know if we would implement this. Yes, it is slightly inconvenient to search through your inventory to find an item. On the other hand, you can already find the quantity of an item using the Inventory filters and it would be a fairly extensive call to the database if you have thousands of one item. While it would be more convenient, other ways to do it already exist.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to see this "well for VC that is" sure it shows item name, but not the value of the drop... Then have to click few times to get a adventure drop to see it's value...
    Keep in mind some drops are craftable, others aren't. Thus keep us guessing which item we want to acquire for maximum benefit, while crafting items... It does become tedious because sometimes the best item to craft comes from up to 2 worlds's back.
    So in VC I'd say yes on this, text for item name is already there just add stat's, no coding involved, just entries. ;)

HJM likes this.
  8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Simple answer? Because it isn't. And if it's deemed a "fiddly" issue, it will be put so far down on the list it will collect dust for years. But it will technically be "in consideration", because no one ever says "no". Either it will be done at some point, or "we'll look into it".