[PC] Daily Quests and Loot Chests Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i am noticing some timer issues in the Loot!! you guys need to let em come out at the same time, cause it seems i am now doing 1 a day since ya made Adjustment..needs fixin please..

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This is behaving as intended. You only get 1 new Quest from Davy Jones per day.

The adjustment we made was that the "day" was ending at Midnight UTC when this was initially released and it was changed on Tuesday to end at Midnight PST (UTC-8).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Old Salt and Justin the killer like this.
  3. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

yea i sure of understand this!! be nice if we can at least get 2 a day tho which does make sense more better! but i can deal with this change up..reminds me of armada wars where that u only can refill 4 times a day lol xD

4. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Thanks for putting a loot chest icon on the bar of icons. :)

Old Salt likes this.
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Quick update, we've added a rolling Chest history:

[​IMG]

This will show the contents of your last five chests, and you can view it through the Loot Chests page. Note that Energy and Cash boosts won't show because those numbers are dynamically generated when you open the Chests, but item stats will be on there.

Old Salt likes this.
  6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

whenever i get a cash boost it just says -
    cash boost X1

Has it been changed to show an amount? Also is that amount based upon the players income or just set amount similar to how energy is. only been getting 500 energy drops same as a few others so not sure of the odds but they seem pretty low to get a higher amount.

7. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

My feedback, after having played, is that it is only a third (1/3) as fun as I initially thought it would be. No fair; teasing us with only one daily quest to be gotten, & 2 more just sitting there untouchable, in plain sight! :rolleyes: ;):confused::p

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  8. kathleen jinks

kathleen jinks New Member

I have to add that MY upgraded chests have been AMAZING!!!! Way to go and thank you so much!! Elite weapons,energy,stamina,$$$, and Lotto tickets-WOOT WOOT!!!

mi7ch, Old Salt and Smack like this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

lol bad kano :p

Old Salt likes this.
  10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

When you initially open a Loot Chest it will call out exactly how much Energy you received. We generate this in real time based on the state of your player at the time you open the chest so we can't accurately report this in the history, at least not as it exists in this moment.

As for Cash this will say 1x when you both open the chest and view it in history and is the equivalent to the "Gold Refill" you can purchase in the Davy Jones store. Both the cash payout in the Loot Chest as well as the "Gold Refill" are based on your Income earned from the Rule that you own.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Although I do like free, the items acquired meet way beyond items I've acquired here.

KANO.PNG

Sorry, this is to much freebies IMO

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  12. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Loot chest disappeared on server 1.
    As you will see I open server 1 and 2 at the same time and do the loot chests.
    The quest on server 2 was to check lottery so I clicked the link to complete the quest. Lottery popped up so did a loot chest reward but when I closed the lottery part the loot chest closed aswell and I can see no history of it. Today is 11.11.2017.
    loot chests 1.jpg loot chest server 2.jpg loot chests 2.jpg

13. kathleen jinks

kathleen jinks New Member

gain,LOVE the chests, got oodles of FP's,(not saying how many cuz hey -JEALOUSY EE EE EE) 4 elites,a lotto ticket. That was just 1. Sooo next chests coming up-can't wait!!

mi7ch likes this.
  14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The lotto quest gives you a free lottery ticket, so it won't show in the Chest history.

15. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

So I just got 1 free lottery ticket? I have had a look and when I upgrade i get 5 things when I leave it level 1 I get 4 things.

16. Susan K

Susan K Member

Ditto. Mine too. And I had upgraded it. It was a lottery quest
    upload_2017-11-16_6-45-49.png

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

It’s been awesome to see how the Daily Quests feature has been going, and we’ve gotten some great feedback around it both here and in Support! We’re seeing 77% of Quests being completed and have paid out thousands of Loot Chests, and it’s been great to watch this feature grow. To that end, though, we’ve got a small adjustment we’ll be releasing this morning to the loot table in the Chests.

Originally when the feature launched we included version 2 of the Superior Raid items in the loot table. Getting a purple item out of a Chest feels awesome, but it does kind of belie the exclusivity of that item and the thrill of earning one in a Raid.

To that end we’re going to be rebalancing Loot Chests by adding in Calendar drops and keeping Raid Superior v2 items exclusive to those events.

Loot Chests will continue to pay out old Raid Superiors and Common v2 items, but going forward the only way to earn Superior v2 items will be from the Raids themselves, which preserves the uniqueness of earning those items while still giving valuable loot out of the Chests.

Thanks for playing and participating in Daily Quests and definitely let us know if you have any feedback.

UNL Sassy Me and Jaczilla like this.
  18. neill1990

Once the raid drops go to Tier 3, assuming they will but that is probably a year away or so, will the tier 2 start to be included? Meaning that the chests can include only S-rank items from a minimum of one generation ago.

Also for the quests, i dont think a lot of people know that the view lotto page is just a free ticket, might want to add a little icon of the chest or ticket next to rewards on the quests so people immediately know what it is. Most people do the quest once they see the goal rather then looking at rewards first.

Another thing to add about the view lotto page quest is i have had it pop up a couple times but i swap it immediately since the reward of just a single ticket seems a little shallow. A good majority of the time i get a ticket out of a chest opened so why only get one ensured ticket for the quest when a person can open a chest having good odds of obtaining one. The chest reward is a lot more valuable then a single ticket given especially with the odds of obtaining one in a chest.

Kimbella likes this.
  19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This is a good assumption. We will regularly look to update the mix of items in these Loot chests so I think it make sense that as we phase out Raid superiors from the boss fights that they will end up in these Chests.

We do this already. I am not embedding the images cause that is gonna make this a huge post but check these links. We clearly show the reward of a Lottery ticket when you get the quest, when you complete the quest and when you view your quest history.

You are certainly free to re-roll this quest every time you receive it but given it takes such a low effort the payout of a lottery ticket is what we felt was appropriate. Perhaps we can give out more than 1 quick pick ticket for this. We are continually evaluating the usage of each quest and plan to tune these over time.

mi7ch likes this.
  20. neill1990

oh man am i blind or something lol. Ya the reward is fair considering the difficulty of just viewing the page, was just saying i dont find the quest worthwhile in comparison to the others. Might be able to change it or add another which requires player to match 1 number on lotto 1/2 times (sounds easy but i feel this might have some hidden repercussions, not entirely sure though)? Still quite a bit of options for what quests have the potential to be which is going to be nice to see how it all plays out over time.