[LCN] NEW CHARACTERS

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GOING TO CATCH DAVID, Jul 1, 2015.

1. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I currently have a LEVEL 2500 character. I want to buy a different level 2500 character. And the cost is

The Slicer is locked.
    Requires:
    250 Favor Points

I already own the Level 2500 Boomer. A friend of mine suggested I buy the level 1000 character in the same "line" as the one I want for level 2500 -

The Double Agent is locked.
    Requires:
    175 Favor Points

Then buying the level 2500 for like 100 FPS or something like that..... he said it would be cheaper overall when including the items that come with each character. Or maybe it was buy the level 100 character for 100 fps then buy the level 2500?

I am not for sure..... I guess I would have to just experiment.

2. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Mitch - how come there is NOT a discount buying a second level 2500 character? I understand the need to stay within the same category when buying "up" for the discount, but why not a discount when buying "across"? If I already own the level 1, level 100, level 1000, and a level 2500..... why is there not a discount when buying another character? I already spent 250 fps for my level 2500 character. Since I just want to buy another one, why is it another 250 fps?

3. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

you only get the discount if it's in the same line as you move up from level 1 to level 100 to level 1000, etc. if you buy more than one at a particular level tier, you pay full price. of course, if you don't have the FPs to purchase another one, you can always buy some.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Thanks for the smart *** comment, Jarvin but as is very clear in my post I already knew all that. And my question to Mitch was "why isn't there a discount when buying a second character at the same level?"

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The system was designed to facilitate moving up a particular character tree, not for moving in between them. Originally there were no discounts for buying any characters of any kind so it's certainly better than the alternative. ;)

There is also of course the influx of fairly useful items and bonuses you would get by being able to nab all the characters at a discount instead of just one tree.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i think its about that time u guys lower the characters cost..its been out for years..

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Of course you do :p

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Why, so all the players that paid full price can ask for a refund?

Blue Nose, Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  9. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Bad idea.

This is why it's a bad idea.

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  10. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I would just like to switch from one "tree" as Mitch called it to another at the same level. I already have the LEVEL 1, 100, 1000, and 2500 characters. I have been waiting a very long time to switch and was hoping to spend that 250 fps for what I had hoped would be a level 5000 character and switch "trees" then. But since a new level character seems to never be coming, I was going to buy another level 2500 to make the switch.... but I hate spending another 250 fps for another level 2500, even if it is a different "tree". Just seems that moving across at the same level should be discounted just like moving up the same tree is discounted. And yeah, you get three items - worth 90 fps at the most....since we are now in the 460's on items - those items are really what 25 fps items now? I just think within the other 175 fps I am spending there could be a discount like when I bought "up" the same tree. Maybe instead of 250 it could be 175 or 200 fps to buy across?

11. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

Glad I read this thread about the "trees" kitties like climbing trees so my question is, if I bought the level 1 character but skipped the level 100 and want to purchase the level 1K is that discounted? or do I miss out cuz I want to skip a tree level :)

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Miss out on that discount.

mi7ch and Miss Kitty Snaps like this.
  13. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

Thanks Jades

JADES likes this.
  14. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I missed the discount too. but that was totally worth it with the level difference, I must say now the items are getting boring on the characters. may you kano can spike those up and give an upgrade for character items whenever they have a free time :p

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well I had a 1k tier, bought 1850+5400 in one shot (this is in VC BTW, but cost should be exact same, not sure on lvl's) and it cost me 200 Favor Points instead of skipping a tier gaining 3 extra items and saving myself 50 FP's.

16. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I mean the extra boost wise, and the stamina faster. I was on earn cash faster earlier.

17. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

I think it would be a nice addition to add new characters at 5K, 7.5K and 10K for players at those levels.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  18. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

not in near future I guess

19. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

why not? everything else is becoming focused on the raid hogs. so why not add new characters that 1% (maybe) of the player base can take advantage of?

20. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Maybe because the game is designed for FORWARD progress and chances are that 1% is the group of people who pretty much pay for this game.