[VC] Gift problems

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Liden Bjarka, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Liden Bjarka

Liden Bjarka New Member

Good morning. I have problems with sending gift. Do any one why? Thanks. Birgithe

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Old news it has been an issue for some time now

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There is an on-going issue with Facebook and sending gifts; currently the only way to get around that is to give the app user friends permissions (this is on by default) and to be friends with the player you're giving your gift to. I'm sure other players might have some alternative suggestions as well. :)

Unfortunately it's not something we can fix on our end because it's an issue with Facebook. We've submitted bug reports to them about this but have not heard of any potential fixes on their end.

Micaylah likes this.
  4. Liden Bjarka

Liden Bjarka New Member

Ok. Thanks. :)

5. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Well this explains a lot. Frustrating to say the least! And it's not only in sending...I dont have the "secret" option. you know, the little bag that you can put in your gift requests! :confused:

Anybody know why?

Thanks

6. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Haha Mi7ch, your wish came true :)
    "I can't remember this ever being on the chopping block to be honest, must have been before my time. I'll ask the developers about it as long as the "bring back the secret gift" people don't come out of the woodwork. ;)"

7. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

The other way to get around it instead of becoming facebook friends with everyone is to play the game on the KANO portal instead of using facebook. At least send the gifts on that.

Erik Peterson and Micaylah like this.
  8. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

on my home ccomputer when sending gifts it almosts always ask for permission but on my mobile phone it always goes thru smootly so now i try to send the bulk thru the phone to avoid the extra step.

9. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Gifts have always been an issue for me as well

10. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

There are several people I know that use this. It helps as much in general Blacksmithing as in not really needing anything, so I'll throw it up there. lol And there's the fact that I've been playing forever it seems at FB.

I should try playing from here and see if there's a difference.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  11. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

I'm not friends with a lot of my clan on FB. I am friends with a lot, but thats because it used to be a requirement. :eek:

12. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Ok I've tried playing here. What I find is it's slooooow to respond. And I am experiencing the same issues. :( Oh well, I tried

Thanks

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

New problem Mitch,
    FB non-friends are flashes now (not sure if Facebook is trying to correct it) but they don't go through, sure KANOPLAY works, but does KANO expect us to switch over few times to send gifts? I'm glad have excess of gifts, so doesn't directly effect me, but it does for clan..
    :eek:

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  14. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

HELP.....LOL...I can not get into VC from FB or the RPG kano page on server 1....uuughhh anyone else ???

15. Erik Peterson

Erik Peterson Member

It also seems that sending boosts is wonky this morning as well - it has worked a couple times, but mostly not.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That is unfortunately not a new problem, still symptomatic of the Facebook changes. :(

We would like it if people were able to exchange gifts freely wherever, but Facebook has made that difficult. Hopefully they get it fixed on their end before too long.

17. Erik Peterson

Erik Peterson Member

Old Salt's solution of playing, or at least gifting, directly through kanoplay.com is the way to go for now.

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  18. Kirsten

Yes ,it works fine there.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This is a old problem? I've never had it happen before yesterday, was always the confirmation box pop up before this..

20. Kirsten

yes I cannot even get thru to Kanoplay now, was trying to help a new player with sending gifts,ok got in with my laptop,my desktop was giving me some error,but in order to use Kano play I have to find a boss sent to me ,from there, is there an easier way to get to Kano Play ?, it is almost as if FB does not like gamers or games on their platform,which would be stupid if that were the case.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015