PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

With the raids comes some interesting changes in the game,one has to do with cage matches,so since their implementation years ago, which was an idea by Kano to help low level players who don't have full clan to hold their own,we are still seeing players with full clan and who have played for "Years"" still using cage matches, so an idea has been thrown around,that cage matches after a certain level and if full clan has been achieved along with the achievements, it no longer shows up as an option, it is just another loophole players use, I imagine around level 6,000 would be a good jumping off point to consider greying out the option if the other criteria has been met.

2. john frances

john frances Member

6000 i think is to high i would say 5000 but totally agree to get rid would get my vote

bighoof likes this.
  3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Cagematching has always been a "training wheel" feature for minnows and it really should be phased out as you progress in the game.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i sadly have to still cagematch to finish off the last bit of my GP on FB now... but caging has never bothered me even when i had full clan and a person who caged me and won i would just cage them back to have some fun, if it is gone or stays doesnt bother me much though, most that do and have full clan are either just that weak or are trying to troll

5. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i don't really care about this one way or the other. the limit on cages is much lower than the limit on attacks. so if someone wants to cage me, i'll just pound them into submission with attacks. :)

6. Kirsten

Unfortunately most we know hit and hide :p

7. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

yes, but i have a long memory. if i don't get them today, i'll get them tomorrow. if i don't get them tomorrow, i'll get them next week. if i don't get them next week, i'll get them next month. i don't let it go until i have the last "word" (attack or whip, depending).

Hungry like the wolf likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Yes I do that also, for the average caging lower level, but what we are finding are the raid levelers who cannot hold their own and are level 6,000 to almost 10,000 and above and caging with 37% boosts, sometimes winning with some , sometimes losing with others, and since Cage matching was implemented for the purpose of helping a low level player that does not have full clan, these new cagers are now around, they have full clan and they are not low levels. Those are the ones we talk about and are watching, they are the ones , as well as ourselves that do not need to cage, I have not caged anyone in prob 4 years if not more. ( occasionally in the heat of battle I hit the cage button , by mistake and go Ughhhhh) and wish it was not there.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's been a while since I've gone through the new user experience, but I believe Cagematching achievements are required for progression (it unlocks a Boss, unless I'm not remembering correctly). We probably can't remove it entirely in that case, but maybe we could put an upper limit on it? I'd have to see how the devs feel.

10. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Years ago there was no limit on caging and you had pirates building their characters around it. All attack. No defense. They didn't need one because they had no crew just about and when you attacked them back they gave crappy experience so you wouldn't beat up on them and that wound up being their default defense. KANO finally upped their exp. payout and limited the cagematches to 50 a day and that bought the era of the pure cager to an end. There are some out there though still caging up a storm and now with these guys flying up levels at warp speed with the raid bosses a new caging era may be dawning. Time to put it to bed once and for all, at least for higher levels.

Chasity and cricket_jumper like this.
  11. Kirsten

I am not talking about taking it away from new players or low level without full clan but anyone over a least level 6,000 with full clan and the achievement /s ?? (forget if it is one or more, really don't remember either, been years), then caging is not needed.

12. Kirsten

Ok Mitch anything thing on this , is kano gonna consider something the cagers are out in full force cause of the raids, they are weak as babies,but they cage with boosts and then hide. when a level 8k is caging with full clan and a 32 % boost cause of raid leveling, they should lose the option to cage, again I think Level 6 k is a good place to start considering.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Nothing yet, I've brought it up with the developers but haven't heard anything back as of right now. It's worth mentioning again that until we tie off the Facebook API upgrade most things are on hold. The goods news there is we bumped up the implementation date, so we might not have to wait until April 30 for new stuff to start working, but that is still subject to change.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Ok thanks Mitch :)

15. hollie woodes

hollie woodes New Member

i agree the caging is ridiculous.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Bump Bump Bump. Tell Kano caging needs to be locked once you get your achievement this is pathetic i can spend more time playing then someone who cages and has crap ass items on their mateys ships and weapons and yet they can beat me on a cage. And i am 100 to 300 or more stronger then they are. This is a lopsided feature that needs to be overhauled a long time ago. Now with raids being your new favorite cash cow which is fine you guys deserve the money for working hard not saying you don't. You have allowed cagers a new feature to level faster yet again and continue to cage players. Lock out the feature already. If you can't put effort into your character then you should be playing farmville.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Brought this up with the developers, and there are already some restrictions around Caging such as being limited to 50 a day against a player with no rewards being payed out after 25. Being that it is already restricted they're hesitant to place even more limited on it, but I'm working on it. :)

18. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well i think they should remove the cage off of pirate clan...since clearly that app is a pirate not a cager...

19. Kirsten

Tell them,that for anyone now over level 9K, since most of the cagers have worked their way up to that level who have full clan ,it is an insult to anyone who they cage,who is that level or above just cause raids allowed them to level at the speed of light,they don't do bosses,craft, have battle stats that in anyway indicate they are doing nothing but utilizing a loophole meant to help new players with less than full clan, those restrictions mean jack,PC is the only game that has this lame feature.

Jon Ward likes this.
  20. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Also tell them that there is no point in having the cage feature anymore. Kano has said it themselves they were not adding anymore achievements to caging because it was a bad foot note when they created it and pissed off so many players. Now with raids your pissing off more players again even though it is restricted. Do away with caging once they get their achievements it will be locked out from anymore use. You can't tell me you don't know how to do that. Look at your latest arena's wars and raids the more and more you keep updating stuff the more players your losing eventually you won't have any money to make. This was a great game once with 1000 and 1000 of players. Now those numbers are gone onto other games where developers listen. You asked for feedback on your games most won't come to you the ones who do see what players saying you can care less about doing what everyone is wanting. Cages gone New locations which you did. Battle Arena to be retweeked. Wars to be looked at . And also raid killers who join and kill a raid out of spite should have harsher punishment.

hollie woodes and Kirsten like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.