[KanoPlay] level completed achievements

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Demonik1, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

VC-why are the rewards almost exactly the same for completing level 8500 as they are for completing level 17000?? am i the only one that thinks theres something horribly wrong with that? i dont even know if ill ever see 17k but if and when i do i can go out on a limb and say i think ill feel a bit slighted.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Full agreement here Demonik. When u consider how much more of everything it takes to level at those levels .....its pretty much absurd. Difficulty and rewards increase exponentially for the lower levels and then when ya get to the higher levels....WHAMO.....the reward return vs the effort/expense drops off the charts. Not only doesnt it make sense but its insulting....then toss in all the increased limits and restrictions and its like WTF pay and do more for less and less?

3. Demonik1

seriously, you would think at the very least it would be double the reward. itll never happen but id like to see an explanation of this from whoever decides these ridiculous numbers. maybe if i heard the reasoning behind it it would help a bit....most likely it would be more frustrating than anything else but at least it would be something lol

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I didn't design the numbers but I can certainly ask. I imagine the answer won't thrill you but it's better than nothing, right? ;)

5. Demonik1

oh im sure it wont but i was uber curious....maybe we could even get it adjusted and throw some retro at the ones already there? it kinda looks like they just copied and pasted the code for every higher level completed achievement with the exception of the poor monetary reward lol

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Well, here it is, long story short the framework for our achievements meant that after a certain point the curve on the rewards would flatten. We try to compensate for this in some ways like bumping up the cash and XP payout. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and if we could go back in time and do it differently we would because you're right, looking at it now it doesn't scale appropriately. This wasn't entierly intentional, just something that sort of crept up on us because of the nature of a long-running, ever-evolving MMO.

Since this is now a thing I've put in a request to reevaluate these achievements and see if we can bump them up. I don't think the bump will be huge, but at the very least it will help us make our achievements a bit more commensurate to the effort going foward.

7. Demonik1

i told you they just copied and pasted it hahaha good to hear, glad i could help out...i expect a bounty from every person ive helped with this...at least 100 trill each ;p

8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I think all the harder more committed achieves should be recognized similarly. You could add a few 1000's to level achieves to catch up as well (groan to some).

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Its things like this amongst the countless other things the higher levels basically got screwed on that really took the wind from my sails as far as these games go. Being in the position I was/am for so long now Ive been bringing up crap like this for years. Although frustrating at times being one of the very few voices fighting for things the masses simply didnt understand or care about because they werent/arent there yet...... I do find it a bit satisfying to hear some of those very same voices whistling a different tune as they reach the higher stages. Hopefully Kano will finally "get it" and make things right. It wouldnt change things for me but hopefully it would keep current active high level players chugging along and show all players that things are equally beneficial despite where one is the game and not that u get less for more the further u go as it has been .

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  10. Demonik1

see that polish? i may give you hell in here but if i see something thats just not right, ill let it be known and try to help in any way i can....even if it means spamming posts with the Fbomb late at night ;p

11. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I see this did not work out to say the least to what any rational person would have expected.

The support of the backroom of the company for the front man is also noted.

This comment BTW formed "part" of my own expectations and draw it to your attention. What was done eventually to the issue (nothing to fix the past, made the future achievements just as screwy, made total nonsense of the comments of Mi7ch, skipped established level reward patterns, and made unattainable level achievements [ see http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/new-level-achievements.14592/ ] ) was a slap in the face to the very people who make these games expand and grow.

If my friends don't see me too often, this post by Mi7ch was the cause of my departure from high activity levels.

12. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Besides for the unsubstantial rewards, I believe what would at least alleviate some of the higher level issues that come with having to level by such a drastic amount and that would still keep them playing would be to shift the pace of the game into a higher gear. The easiest way I can see this being done would be to simply remove the resource per level-up limit that is essentially imposed upon anyone who can stick around long enough to have 500 energy and 50 stamina (anyone who hits around level 100 can already have this issue, so not long at all). Yes, there will be other issues like over-leveling and a ridiculous XP influx at all times, but these are things that can be balanced appropriately. However, proper balance can't be made with the cap in place. Otherwise, with a resource level-up cap still in place, it is more than possible that these level achievements will literally take years to acquire. The ratio by which one is willing to deal with sticking around for the achievements and how long it would take them to get a single achievement is too skewed. Without a proper balance, players will quit, and eventually no one will get the achievements, spending money or not. That's the simple psychology coupled with basic marketing that Kano needs to be thinking about as a whole if they want to continue to receive long-lasting traffic for this game and ultimately have a game that will indeed last another handful of years, if not longer. These achievements are too based on game longevity, and without the proper balance as mentioned before, will only drive players away. I don't have to be a business major at a high-end university to tell you guys that your game WILL die if this issue is not addressed sooner than later.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  13. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

what if their plan isnt for longevity of players, but more to the point some lvl so fast then get upset there is no new location, so why give you a golden carrot when they can slow you down with a turnip

14. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

Isn't a turnip just ad nutritious but not ad tasty? At least you can carve a turnip into an original 'Jack-o-lantern'...

George Burd likes this.
  15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're looking into lowering the level requirements for the VC achievements quite a bit...more news on that as it happens. :)

George Burd and Kehvyn like this.
  16. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Mi7ch do you feel some days you are expected to rip open your shirt and have a giant red A under it super Admin to the rescue lol

Kehvyn likes this.