Battle Arena [BETA] Discussion and Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

this sucks. i just checked my arena page, and i can't enable defensive stance because i'm dead. so when i'm autorevived repeatedly tomorrow without my permission, i won't even be able to enable defensive stance until i actually log into the page for the exact 29 seconds that i'm alive in between deaths. thanks, kano! talk about a Thanksgiving turkey.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You don't autorevive repeatedly. You only come back once at the beginning of Sudden Death if you are dead at the time and during Sudden Death there is no penalty for dying.

3. J Couch

J Couch New Member

I like the point system because it creates a need to attack/kill to place well and stops all the defense loaded players from just sitting in defense time - getting their min with no kills - and placing high; however, with the revive function you are essentially pushing the lower level people out of the BA because it then becomes a bully fest with the high level pirates constantly hitting the same low level targets so their is no point in reviving after the first kill......

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Xtina

Xtina Member

I'm with ya now and agree!

Demonik1 likes this.
  5. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I don't like this at all even more. Cents I won't be at home for it at all. Besides being Thanksgiving, it's also Black Friday. I wish they had done this a different time.

6. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

So what about these high level players that have not dead once. All of us will be revived and have people with health so high that we can't do anything to them. They have all of us saved and will kill as in minute. And who knows how many will still be alive at the very end.

J Couch likes this.
  7. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

does that really matter? if you can't take them out in the beginning, who cares if you can't take them out in the end? just let them fight each other for the top spots, or sit there and wait it out through the last day.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I do "kinda" like the auto revival on last day, a lot of people said bad time of day. This would at least let more to participate on each arena, but how about a tweak.

How about a bump in time, say 4 hrs ahead for sudden death?
    Let's say started at 2 pm initial start, but on Sudden Death Begin get shoved to 6 pm start time, (instead of 48hrs,
    bump it to 54 hrs) Giving 2 different time zones a chance to play.

Now you'll have 2nd attempt to grab some exp with everyone thrown back in. Are you going to win? No, but might be able to participate given everyone is healed twice during the event.

I'm actually against 3 day's was just current setup. But the idea could be setup to a smaller hourly scale. (say 28 hr sudden death revival, and only last's only 2 days)

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I am not interested in revival in any form, I can only play in two timezones and depending on what days it even is , so I would not join any arena where revival was a feature, but I don't play for the arena, I play for the daily game, so it wouldn't be any biggie at this point to avoid the arena .

WOADLORD and ben like this.
  10. ben

ben Active Member

best to leave it like it was once your dead your dead ... having revival is like leading the lambs to slaughter to the higher levels ... and that is what happen ... they dont even have a chance in ba ... i think we all have seen that ...

Demonik1 likes this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Was a idea as Mitch said in previous post, 2 quotes.

These Arena updates were intended accommodate feature feedback and make it more enjoyable and open to a wider variety of players.

Changes which did not work out, such as the Revival system, will be given a hard look in future implementations.

How I read it, revival is not in the "dumpster" and was thinking ahead, why posted that.

12. queen warrior

queen warrior New Member

LMAO well Like I have said in earlier posts kano needs to stop (not all together) making changes that only appeal or rather that is only suited for the higher players ! ( yes a long history of that ) and the hard look should be not be looked @ it should be wiped out and thought of as a whole not just in one particular sense in being for the higher players!!! I understand that "kano" is tring to make the game more interesting but in my eyes they need new ones ;) ( as in a fresher set of eyes out for the game not for the uppers ) and I do appreciate the effort ......but.......C'mon.......a little common sense goes alot way :D

13. queen warrior

queen warrior New Member

ok DISLIKE to changes : 1 .. Well you know the #1 LOL hint ( revive) not sure but seems to be in all platforms/servers... 2 ..nicknames should be seen ( not viking,pirate,ect) its still still fairly easy to get around but not fair to the "non guild player" ( guilds are for ? lol ) and yes im in a guild but would like to see non guild people "try" and enjoy :p .... 3 .. 1 to 10 stam not totally a dislike ...there's a time for that ...."like" you did previous to this BA ..again fairer <<(guess thats a word lol ) to all :) 4 ..point system again not a total dislike but needs refining ! ok enuff of dislikes for now ...... LIKES .. 1 .. not being able to put a name in and have a guild/people gang up on 1 person!!!! good move !! 3 thumbs up HE HE HE ;) 2 .. refer to dislike 1 :D .. 3 .. like the fact that people can build thier character for the way they play the "GAME" in all aspects .. but again refer to dislike 4 !! 4 .. the fact that you guys are working hard to make changes to the game to make it more interesting ....but ....I refer this time to previous posts in that .....make the game for all not just in a set of people ...you are trying to get the game to grow still aren't you? ;) .. those are just some.. but i think I've said enuff for now .... thanx for your time and hard work, looking forward to seeing the changes you get from feed back !!! Stay Cool Stay Safe ;)

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually, I was referring to post #68, as you could see if read it, help's time zone differences as well. I'm not gunning to help high level's, just putting a idea out to suit the majority of players that are unable to attend the event at "X" time. Basically making this 8 events in itself instead of 4.

(instead of 10am/2pm/6pm/10pm start times, how it is every arena west coast time zone)

Revival would allow more people to actually play if chose to do so the next day starting 4 hours later
    (2pm/6pm/10pm/2am)

Still not quite sure were your common sense comment comes into play though. :p

Kirsten likes this.
  15. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

same here there is no point to revive just to be eaten by those fast clickers...hope you bring back the old format of arena, or else like most no more arena for me either.

16. 'David Ramos

'David Ramos Active Member

so! in an hour , when ALL heal, those 2 or 3 still alive (probably same Guild) will have a field day!! just picking off folks in seconds! cause they must have awesome health by now- after getting over 200 kills, their fingers must be raw? all that clicking "on their own" well "isnt that special" I already knew BA was geared to high stam & buying refills, BUT NOW those same top 5/10 will have an even greater edge- & a chance to get 1300 more available kills / & another few hundred more levels! GREAT JOB on pushing out those had no chance!! HAPPY THANKS-giving to the uppers once again!!

17. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

Those that are still alive I am sure didn't do anything in the past day. They just want to wait for the weak to revive. So they don't waste their stamina on each other.

18. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

this is funny. it has been like this in server 2 PC for months, if not longer. now all of the arenas will be exactly the same, and the highest level players will get even more xps and all of the top spots due to kill scoring. way to go, kano! this sounds like a great improvement for the majority of your player base, as you of course intended.

19. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

Like I thought the high levels were waiting. I was able to kill a person that gave me a health around 2,5 and I hit one of them. So they attacked me. And I was killed in a moment. I can't believe how fast he went, because I was unable to kill a person with under half my health. This is just wrong.

20. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I won't play in the next one, unless there is a lot of changes