[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The lions will have plenty to eat the last day,and it won't be me,lol thank the goddess I had to work and didn't join :p

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  2. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

In the Battle arena rules we have this from KANO:

"To ensure everyone gets the most out of the event, all competitors are healed up to full when Sudden Death begins, even if they were recently killed."

Does that mean that when the sudden death part starts, that I go back to where I was at the beginning health wise, even if I'm currently at 40 Billion health????

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

is this true? i was killed shortly after the arena started last night, and i thought i would NOT be autorevived if i did not pull up the arena page again until it was over. i do NOT want to be killed over and over, especially if i choose not to actively participate after being killed the first time. i will be very disappointed if i pull up the page this weekend to see that i have died hundreds of times. if that is the case, i will forgo the achievements, stats, and xp, and this will be my last arena.

4. Kirsten

No you have to opt in to be revived, during the first 2 days, " but" on the last day everyone is gonna be revived.

5. Grand Master Fielding

But Kirsten, will my health revert to where it was originally, or will it remain where it currently is???

6. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

so now i have to remember to be available on Thanksgiving Day at 5 PM to try to do something before i get killed off again? that really stinks. we should have the choice not to be autorevived AT ALL.

7. Kirsten

I only know what it says , sorry but your question I have not seen anything in the help file that addresses your concern.

8. Grand Master Fielding

Kirsten thanks - No one seems to be able to help me. And I've left several messages for Mitch but he's not responded to them, so I don't expect any help on that end.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I responded to your messages yesterday, apologies for not getting to the ones this morning but I am in discussions with the developers regarding the response to the Battle Arena.

Only participants who are dead will be revived to full health when Sudden Death starts, so if you are alive then that will not apply to you.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Grand Master Fielding

Mitch - thanks for that. Yes you did respond to one of my messages yesterday. So if I understand you correctly, my current health is at 47 Billion and it will remain where it is (odds are no one will kill me for the next 24 hours) until the 2nd part of the arena. Thank you.

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Cross-posted from the Battle Arena feedback thread just so everyone is on the same page:

I will be the first to admit that this change did not work out the way we had hoped. These Arena updates were intended accommodate feature feedback and make it more enjoyable and open to a wider variety of players. Our goal is to always improve the game, not to drive people away from it. Because that would be quite silly. ;)

We've been keeping a close watch on the latest event. Between the data that we have gathered on our end and the feedback here in the forums, we can safely say that this iteration of the Battle Arena will not be making another appearance. That isn't to say that we are wiping this whole concept and going back to the drawing board; there were some positive aspects that came out of this and we will be focusing on those going forward. Changes which did not work out, such as the Revival system, will be given a hard look in future implementations.

We appreciate the feedback that we've gotten over the past day of the Arena and will continue to review comments as they appear. I'm sorry that this Arena was a frustrating experience for many and we are already working to resolve the issues that have been reported.

Please stay tuned for further updates. :)

12. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Thanks good! ;) :))) Anyway Im apreciating your work for new content even its failure somethimes, but some things that worked fine before and people enjoyed dont need to be changed :)

Kirsten and kevinmalo like this.
  13. Viking attacked DrMRDR and won
    2 hours ago
    462 wins against since arena start
    I'm assuming that it was our good friend Craig that has killed me three separate times now. The last one was immediately after I waited my one hour to "cool down". I clicked the button and nearly as quickly, Craig eliminated me from the arena.

14. JAMO2025

JAMO2025 New Member

I wouldn't say arena didn't need any work doing to it and worked fine before guardian angel. but it was a lot beter than this version. the problem is you want BA to be a more active event and last longer, also make it more fun for a larger group of players the problem is the highest lvls will never let that happen because they jump on every player within 1 - 2 hours of it starting. this isn't there fault they have to target someone, the biggest problem I see is the lack of targets for all lvl of players, I still think when a player joins BA there should be 2 clones made of this player, 1 would be placed in defence and the other is basically cannon fodder this way there would be 3 x the targets some for at the start of the BA and others would slowly appear as they come out of defence

15. ben

ben Active Member

taking save targets out would be wrong too ... if someone stills my kill that i hit all the way down you better beleve me i want to save it ... and if one hits me o yea you no i do ... so yea i say it should stay ...

Kirsten likes this.
  16. ben

ben Active Member

are you kidding i hope ... all ready have trouble with peoples alt accts ...

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

So in Mob Wars in 2 days will be normal Arena ?

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That is correct, we are not making any other changes to the Arenas of the other games for the time being.

Guardian Angel likes this.
  19. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Thank you very much I have been debating askin to relocate all my skills as these DRASTIC changes ruined my character

20. JAMO2025

JAMO2025 New Member

lol a clone is not a alt ben you might want to learn the difference. a clone would do nothing, you have no controle over it the devs would they would just be placed into arena to make up numbers they don't attack,