Armada Wars Discussion Threads

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 7, 2014.

1. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

what john is saying for his idea is this-

if the armada has a name or not it truly wouldnt matter because when somebody says go or whatever they say to attack the person with low health it will apear here:

(image taken from my own armada wars)
    [​IMG]

the spot that says feed is the place he is saying where it wouldnt matter what there name is because the curent person you will be attacking is on the top of the feed. and if they arent then hit refresh and it will then refresh showing the latest target that is being hit. so having names or not doesnt matter.

also another thing he was saying was that the names would show AFTER the war is over so everybody would see what armada got placed where with however many points they earned throughout the war. the names wouldnt apear at any other time only after

Westcoast Gurl and Kirsten like this.
  2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Actually nelli you got it almost 100 percent right. But in the leaderboards you will still see armadas showing no name of course. All you will see is the war points being added up so you can know how far your armada is behind that armada on top. Only your armada will know if your the top 1 unless you start to tell people. But it wouldn't matter because when you click the armada leaderboard it doesn't take you to a link to kill that specific armada on top anyways.

Westcoast Gurl likes this.
  3. Jon Ward

And you can still build your list of saved targets to which you want to hit but you won't know the name of the armada either. All your armada will know is you saying go down the list from top to bottom bottom to top. Or you can skip and do evens and odds whatever your choice. So yes armada wars will still be the same just no names for idiots to ruin it for others because they can't win by themselves and need 3 or 4 armadas to take down one single one. It would have never came to this but obviously it takes one ass hat to ruin it for all. Hince my tag Ass Hats are everywhere.

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Nice way to explain it Neill

5. Jon Ward

See I think people can grasp it easily what were asking for in changes. It's just some people don't want to see it so they will use excuses to keep it from happening. Just like Arena had so many excuses for so long but the changes are rolling out slowly but surely. Some are unhappy some are very happy. And some still on the fence but it's a change that benefits everyone. And gives them all a fighting chance to win. And not get their games wrecked over kids temper tantrums against others.

6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i think the main thing people need to get over is the fear of change most wont admit it but they are scared of the change and are afraid of losing that edge they have over the other person or just afraid it wont be better then before even though it usually will be lol

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i actually think this is a good idea. this hasn't been my experience, but anything that will help keep armadas from working together against other ones is good. armadas can still work together within their group to take others down, just not gang up with other armadas, just as it is harder to do now in the arenas.

8. Jon Ward

And i just thought of another thing it helps with because i know armadas are doing it it prevents them from being able to use their throw off armadas to rack up points and kills. Which i can name a few armadas who have B teams and A team armadas as throw off they kill for war points. Add this feature and then they will not be able to figure out their armadas. And if someone doesn't understand what i am saying i will use this to help you out. Armada X is the top 25 players. Then you have Armada X1 which is part of Armada X but their throw off group of players not as strong. But we get to use them for war points. This prevents everyone from being able to use that. Because we know a lot of people have been doing this from top armadas.

Westcoast Gurl and Jared like this.
  9. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i like these ideas. i don't see any practical reason why the wars can't be more "anonymous" like the arenas are now. it is more in the spirit of the game, i believe.

10. I personally didn't like fighting anonymous people in battle arena and I think having anonymous armadas there would be mass confusion. If a good team isn’t on the fighting list that I had seen earlier in the day then what I do I hunt down that good team. That I know I can beat and try to beat them again it's a good B team maybe A and they heal also. It’s for my personal war score I want to have the highest score on my team and that doesn't always happen. After saving war tokens long enough the team might not be on the teams save list any longer, someone deletes them. So I have to search who I had attacked for maybe as far back as seven hours ago from the night before. Let’s also remember you either buy or earn your war tokens. You can either play battle arena and armada wars or NOT and buy more hired crew & weapons we are playing a game but people are spending their money on this let’s not make it so difficult. I like the original battle arena where you get to make goofy nick names. In armada war your team name basically is your war team’s name. Maybe we can make goofy nicks for our teams instead of using our original name.

11. Jon Ward

. I can grab the most kills out of my armada along with another player averaging 20 something plus kills. And half the time i don't see who i am hitting because i play by phone when wars is going on during the weekdays. So no i don't think it would create more confusion. Your still going to see what letter they have if they are a A B C D E armada. You just won't see the names no more of the armadas. And they are always on your saved list unless someone removes them from it that belongs in your armada. So that goes back onto your armada again.

12. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

The suggestion proposed is no armada names to eliminate suicidal attacking. It will not take but a few hours for anyone to figure out who the biggest armadas are and be part of a suicidal saved.
    The goal of the game is to Max WPs per token used by an armada. Having armada names allows an armada to quickly find targets whereas no-names will require more tokens and more tapping mistakes. I see no reason to eliminate names for this outcome.
    Armada wars should be teams of pirates competing against one another. Allowing collusion will deteriorate to who has the largest number of armadas and pirates with little strategy or skill needed.
    The game is based on an honor system - no collusion (feeding kills, setting up kills, etc.) between armadas and suicidal attacking without any reason other than to prevent another from playing. Difficult to enforce but doable by Kano with appropriate analytics
    My suggestion to eliminate some of the current issues is to reduce the difference in health between armadas. Health differences of more than 1B is very difficult to overcome and 2B+ near impossible. If you want more armada competition this would be one way to do it.

13. Jon Ward

No i don't see it that drrobert. I see it not making a difference as everyone thinks it will be. And as far as being able to figure out the health issue for finding the top armadas. You must not have seen where i wrote you will still have the categories of A B C D E armadas showing on your fight list and the war point reward will still show. But A armadas pretty much have all the same health as the other A's. Unless were going with lower A's which their health is just a little bit behind them but not by much. However i do like your idea about putting something in the game to enforce others to stop doing it but i doubt kano can implement something to that nature. Not sure but i think it would be easier showing no names. I am open to suggestions. And ideas. But something has to change because of some idiots who want to ruin the game play of others. And using the tactic of feeding kills to your armada which i can name a few armadas doing that right now it's not hard to tell who is doing it. But since were not allowed to post that type of stuff on the forums people need to figure it out for themselves they will notice it easy.

14. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

The top 5 -8 armadas can be picked out from the others. The top 2-3 also can be picked out. Health is a function of the crews levels which you have access to in the regular game. Armada health and the few with super high levels are highly correlated. Name or no-name they cannot hide. To increase competitiveness with or without names would require scaling health of pirates above a certain level. For example a pirates skill points would be record the value up to 40,000 plus 50% of skills above 40,000. Scaling reduces the current advantages of super high level pirates (some accused of cheating or excessive leveling tactics). I do not know of a solution for for suicidal armadas and collusion other than an honor code to compete fairly when combined with scaling.

15. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

that may be true, but wouldn't this be beneficial to the armadas that are not in the top 5 or so? i think that was jon's point, so that other armadas are not targeted by the top 5. at least they would have a chance to rank a little higher, and the top 5 would probably still finish in the top 5. what's the problem with that?

16. Jon Ward

Because certain Armadas do not want to see this in action. Because they like working together and screwing others out of it. Everyone knows the armada i am in. I don't try to hide behind a fake name on the forums. If you want to know who i am in the game i am easy to find King Reaper of Pirate Clan. And yes i believe in fair competition and working for something. This way you know your the better team in it. However some players and armadas feel different about this because they can't work together and can't fight or make their way out of a wet paper bag. So they want everything to stay the same way. And yes Applejack your right it would benefit everyone as a whole if it was anonymous. There was one armada who almost won it and beat out these three armadas who choose to work with one another. And then they gang banged them right out of the 1st place also. So it's not just one armada but it's numerous armadas and will continue to be more and more once those armadas get their players together and via for the top spot and try to win it but can't because of how wars has changed to this mentality.

17. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

that's just like the arenas, at least on server 2. and now it won't be as easy for the same armada to take all of the top spots every single arena, although i'm sure they will continue to rank well. the same armadas should not be able to win week in and week out with no one else even having a chance.

18. Jon Ward

Well they might still win every wars it depends on well organize they can be. But the difference is the asshats who decided to gang up on other armadas and use their own sub armadas to gain points should be hopefully affected the most. And this will make it and even playing field for all. I would prefer some method where you can't attack your own sub armadas but then they will change the name and somehow work around it. I think completely no names and you not being able to figure it out will be the best bet. Because even if they attack armadas looking for their sub armada it will be difficult to find them for awhile because while your attacking as a no name armada another no name armada could be attacking them at the same time thus confusing them to try to find their own sub armadas to gain more points.

19. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

in the last few armada wars my armada has had the problem of anothe rarmada using sub armada to do the work and the top armada get the kill .both wars my armada lost the first by 13 k and the next by 40k. in the last war igf we had used all refills we would have squeaked out a win . my point is coordinating armadas are hard to beat when being fed but they are ni=ot breaj=king the rules.But to finish up making armadas unknown would be fantastic because no more feeding kills to another armada and more wins for mine:)

Westcoast Gurl and Jon Ward like this.
  20. Jon Ward

That is the plan and hopefully Kano will see the three armadas who have caused this issue will no longer be able to do this to other armadas simply because they can't win on their own accord and when someone gets close they have to keep them down so they prevent them from winning. They have already proven they can't win by themselves against a single armada.