New Hitlist Restrictions

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Relentless, Apr 4, 2012.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

ONLY if lower slayers cannot claim the bounties or punch the highers and even then I disagree.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum. Here's the thing. After a certain number you are max negative XP anyway so let them have their fun. What does it matter? Just heal. Perhaps the heal gets cheaper each time other than that. So what?

HOWEVER, I will say it became a problem with the 4th property dropped in. The disparity in INCOME is too great as well as the COST difference. I was comparing my accounts on FB and MS and it's unreal the difference. Truly that was one of the worst things Kano ever did was drop in the extra properties. The Game simply never caught back up. Hired Squad was a close second.

Should there be something? Perhaps. But perhaps some of the other bigger players should just start going after the ones that go overboard. VIOLA instant fight for the higher levels.

I am not a big fan of more restrictions in the game.

And yeah I was chain listed hundreds of times in a row. Only quit healing when I ran out of $$. So I've been there done that.

2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I absolutely LOVE this paragraph.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Tyvm ;)....

4. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

I personally find it pretty pathetic seeing a lvl 1500-6000 player go after a lvl 700 period, you want to have great stats, cool, but get them the correct way.. All it does is turn people off from wanting to play, it stops being fair and fun.. There is no way they have a chance in hell of being able to fight back period.. If the higher leveled player has been gone after by the lower player, then fine, they deserve to be punched or listed, but do they really need to be listed or targeted for punches multiple times by several different 5-10X their level? No.. I think not.. Have I ever gone after a lower leveled player? Yeah, I will punch someone back it they have first, and I have listed people if they themselves were going after someone of a considerably lower level... And I have been listed and punched to death on more than one occasion because of it, but I kinda asked for it, guess they didn't like a taste of their own medicine... There should be a limit as to how far down someone can list and punch, as far as to what, I cannot be sure..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  5. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

Helping a lower level out when necessary (within reason) isn't necessarily the issue.. You have someone getting beat on by someone who has absolutely no chance of fighting back due to the level difference, or because it's 5 on 1 or something like that, that I could see.. But if it's a fair fight, and they are within the same level, let them sort it out. How else do can they find out what kind of player they are, and or what they might need to work on? The more people who start playing and continue playing, the better it gets for everyone.. More people to fight, more potential factions/clans/groups for wars, arenas, and potentially more money made by Kano, which makes them want to continue making improvements, adding new features...

6. polishpimp

So what constitutes a "fair fight"? Simply being in the same level range? Then what about those that may be within the same level range but choose to play a completely diff way? Player (A) builds an account to be a fighter VS player (B) who builds an account to benefit from the softer aspects of the game, although similar in level...still a fair fight?

As stated numerous times...these games were developed in and around the fighting aspect but perhaps nothing is more important then the social aspect which is the great equalizer whether through brute force or diplomacy.

Also stated previously...participation numbers have dropped off massively since all the limits , restrictions and fluff was added. Knowing this would suggest that less restriction, limits and fluff would be the way to go.

Considering the current low player participation numbers and the disparity in levels of those who are left .....limiting further who could interact with who based on level would almost certainly be the death blow to these games. Players can already go hundreds if not thousands of levels without having a significant battle list. Do we really want to add to that problem? Its important to remember the battle aspect is what drives these games...to further limit would mean certain death not to mention how unfair it would be to players to change a core fundamental of a mature game of this nature after all these years.

kanos best chance to increase participation numbers is to bring back as many of the tens of thousands of players that quit due to all the limits , restrictions and changes they added. These are the players that made these games what it once was. They played it in record numbers because they liked it the way it was. Kano changed all that and we now have we have currently.

In the end...its so easy to level up quickly these days, all one has to do is put their mind to it and level up and exact their revenge. Its easy peasy and there for the taking if a player dedicates themselves....just like the ones that came before them.

7. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

While I do see your point and can agree with some of it, I can't say I agree with all.. If you and I were fighting and we were going back and forth is it really necessary for either one of us to bring in someone exponentially higher, or is it really necessary for some super high leveled to go after a real low level player? I would imagine there are exceptions for both sides of the argument to be valid.. I do agree that this is a fighting game and that is the main draw, but it can also be the drawback as well.. I am new to the forum's, but have been playing for awhile, but I am not exactly sure which limitations you are speaking of.. Participation and new players joining aren't going to get any better if as soon as they reach 300 they just get massacred, chain listed and whatever else by people that they can't even dream of doing anything to, and there are those who seem to enjoy making some low level quit, cause they have nothing to do and the lists are slow.. No, you decide your character, and you decide how to allocate your points, and some people don't fully understand what type of player they want to be, or what they should necessarily work on yet.. Depending on if/when you join a faction, or if you have someone who can give you pointers comes into play too. I have played similar games in the past, so I had a general idea as was, but I still had a few things I had to work on.. I fought and took my wins and losses, I had good days and bad ones, and made adjustments as necessary. And while I never quit even when I was taking my massive beatings, not everyone is going to be like that. A fair fight is letting them fight their own battles. And I know, there are factions which is the team aspect, and just like stats, factions want to be the best, and that requires lots of fighting and getting points etc etc.. Lots of the factions are lopsided, as a majority of the high leveled players are in a handful of factions, which is understandable, they have put in the time effort, and know they have a solid group.. So I can't honestly say I blame them.. You said:

"In the end...its so easy to level up quickly these days, all one has to do is put their mind to it and level up and exact their revenge. Its easy peasy and there for the taking if a player dedicates themselves....just like the ones that came before them."

Not necessarily if you are consistently losing massive amounts of xp, and stalked by "Giants" you have no chance to get close enough to exact said revenge, and you are assuming that everyone is going to be able to take said beating, and have that dedication It is way easier and cheaper to list a low leveled as to opposed to a more established player... If someone decides it's pointless, and quits, they won't be around to get big, won't get friends to join up... I am sure getting some of the ones back that had left would be beneficial, but chances are that won't happen.. Can't keep looking back, gotta move forward at some point.. I don't think it should be easy, because a challenge is what most gamers look for, and of course domination is what most strive for, but there has to be a happy medium..

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I imagine the " easy peasy"( luv that phrase) leveling Polish is referring to are the things added since alot of us started, for me that would be the daily energy boost,followed by the daily stamina boost then the random/or energy/stamina boost in the daily rewards , monthly calendars, three day calendars, arena and now wars, if I left something out oh well lol . Everyone gets beat on ,people can see their clans feeds and even if someone doesn't ask for help, we all have clan that will do what they can to help,for whatever reason,you cannot limit that, all a higher level/out of range player can do it list or punch/slap/whip ,unless you go back at them or go for their bounty. You can only lose so much xp after that it does not go any lower
    ,do a boss a calendar box or two and voila all better .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  9. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

You are in a fighting game but needed so much protection from fighting? how about Farmville?

10. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

I can see that, however chances are if you've started prior to that , or even at the implementation of the extras, you can take the beatings and depending on how you build obviously, you are set up to be able to do all that quickly... not talking about established players at all... Most likely by now you are in for the long haul.. We all are entitled to our own opinions, but I honestly don't see that happening if the low levels get scared off, cause they punch someone back, or they attack someone off the lists opening up that window and having everyone and their brother stay on em till they quit.. All that proves, is if you are not in a select few factions/groups, you might as well not even try past 300... it is a fighting game, at does involve teams, all I'm saying is, chances are a lot of the players "Polish" was talking about are done, and probably have moved on to something else... If the Higher levels are already bored due to the lack of variety of who they can attack and whatnot, why try and alienate the ones who have been/are trying to breathe some fresh life into the game..

11. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

You don't want them to mess with you, stop messing with them in the first place!

12. polishpimp

The question as to whether its necessary for a higher level to get involved is subjective and only relative to each persons personal situation/circumstances, its not often that the situation is optimal for both parties involved. Whos to say what one player feels is necessary and the reasoning's behind it. The fact is that clans support has always played a huge role whether a particular player or players deem it appropriate or not, it wouldnt be fair to limit that now after all these years.

Trust me...ive seen plenty of bully like players in these games over the years as well as those called bullies that were doing nothing out of the ordinary. In fact I can honestly say that most cries of "bully" are completely ridiculous and most the ones crying it are more than willing to do the same to others...they just dont like it when the shoe is on the others foot. I actually believe situations like this are good for the games, it creates rivalries which is what spurs players with the correct mindset for games like this to put their noses to the grindstone and push forward. Of course its gonna run some players out but what game is optimal for every one that tries it out? No game is ever gonna keep everyone that starts it.

The fact is that if a player gets run off its because its not the game for them. No one can make it impossible for someone to level especially the way it is now. No one loses massive amounts of XP that cant be made up easily if they have half a clue. In fact there is limits as to how much XP a player can lose. Refilling one health is cheaper than dirt....so thats not a good excuse either. Im a pretty good example....I was once the #1 player in VC on my platform of choice. I retired that account and started completely over, I endured endless amounts of negative attention in the form of attacks, slaps and bounties on a daily basis from players that ran the gamut in terms of levels. I simply ignored them and kept plugging along and went straight back to #1 in 1/4 the time it took me the first time when i had much less resistance. How would it be fair to me or anyone else playing these games for any significant amount of time to change things up in that they didnt have to go through the same crap? Overcoming the adversity is what separates the great players from the average players. To alter things in the way that is being suggested here would only serve to diminish what everyone else has done to this point.

Players have been being targeted to some extent when they reach level 300 from day 1. If a player has garnered more negative attention then what is typical its pretty likely they brought it upon themselves. These games are like a tinder box...one lil spark and youve got a full on wildfire. That is where a good solid group of clan comes in real handy. Its also very easy to start over and come in annoymously with a new style based off your previous experience. level 300 can and has been achieved countless times in just a day or 2 by players both very lil or massive experience/knowledge

If anything it can be argued (and it has been)that Kano is doing new players a disservice by giving them a false sense of what the game is really like by affording them protection status and not letting them know beforehand that the better /stronger they get the more penalized they will become. Many if not most players have been in for a rude awakening from day 1 once they breech the protection barrier and the game thrived. As I stated previously....it wasnt until kano started adding all the new limits, restrictions and penalties that participation numbers started to decrease dramatically. This combined with all the added fluff content and updates that allowed newer players to level faster and become stronger than those that came before them. Back in the day it was all about fighting and listing and recovering ones lost XP was waaaay more difficult than it is today....yet participation numbers continue to drop.

As far as "dedication" goes....thats on the player themselves. Everyone has their own lives, schedule and financial situation. The simple fact that some can play or pay more than others should make zero diff. Like most anything else u get out of it what u put into it((or u should anyways)

Will these games ever recover...I doubt it but Im hopeful. Kano has a long history of bailing on the girl that brought em to the dance and ending up in the back seat of the NEW girls car. You can only do that so many times before u cant shake the rep. As one of kanos longest standing and most dedicated of players I keep hanging around in hopes the old guard will get their due and they will right the ship. they got a lot of great things going for them in terms of creativity, ingenuity and interaction with their players....but if u tarnish ye olde loyalty thing , thats hard to overcome.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  13. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

I didn't, I don't, but I also started at a time when there more people according to polish, and the higher ups had a challenge and actually had competition.. I did take my fair share of beatings, am right now for helping out a faction member as a matter of fact.. I knew this was going to happen prior to doing it.. But I at least had an opportunity to figure out the type of build I wanted.. I fought back, ambushed, booby-trapped, or whatever I had to do, when I could.. Which might have been easier then, opposed to now, as the numbers have dropped and there are a lot of bored people out there

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I get tired of hearing the old" players are leaving in droves",while I see players coming into the games in " droves ",whether some stay,some go, it is up to each person, I play the games on FB, I do not see players leaving, I see them playing and playing hard especially since the wars, especially in PC, I see peaceful players, out for blood players and the ones who play in some small spare time frame just doing their DGP's, and everything in between,I also see most of the same players in all 4 games,and when I clan a new player, 9 out of 10 times , it follows that they send a clan for one or more of the other games,I know when I see a new players getting beat on I will reach out to explain the "window",but I also know players who could care less and take it in stride ,even initiating the beat down,everyone has their own take on the games and how they want to play and what they want out of it. I have players all the time in VC and LCN who attack me and lose every day for their DGP's , sometimes to the tune of 30 plus attacks.I look at their stats and their losses far outweigh their wins,and they seem to not care in the least,makes no sense to me, but that is how they play,then they go offline till the next day,boggles my mind.

15. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

I am not talking about me, I have a much better chance of fighting back if I so choose... I'm talking about those who can't

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Kill em all, the new players are lucky to have 300 limit restriction. I sure as hell didn't when I started. :p

17. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

I know people leave, whether they are vets or noobs, it does depend on the person.. I am not the one talking about the vets who left, I am in the middle of the spectrum, I usually have decent lists to chose from when I am playing, I usually have enough to keep me occupied.. I stuck it out thru thick and thin... I know I am not the only one, but there are just as many who end up getting chased out, or decide that it is no longer fun and leave on their own... The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result... chances are those who did play and left due to "limitations" aren't coming back, and having page/punch parties, chain lists and all that won't keep people playing for long

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well then bye bye to them, everyone goes thru it, I go thru that all the time in the games, it use to make me feel like quitting when I first started playing, but I look at it differently, I have a heal button and I can get past alot of them and have, to me that is the challenge, sticking it out and getting stronger, I live my life with the same tenacity. Sometimes people try out a game and find it is not what they were looking for, some people are out of work then they find a job and don't have the time anymore, again, I see new players all the time,I hear about new players and old players going to the other two new networks and playing there, also, I see no shortage of players. To each their own. Coddling new players is not the answer, I also don't play with a group, I have full clan in all games ,rarely ask for help, in one game I have a few friends who have the same "enemies" but there is rarely a gang bang on them ,but on me yes at times I get that happen to me. I try to take it in stride, and when I am able give it back in spades:)

19. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

You do make a good point, all I am saying is it isn't going to get any better at the current rate.. Chances are those who left when all the "fluff" and what not came in are either done with it, can't say for sure, as I know I started after the shooters and death deals (I think), the calenders came after I do know for sure so haven't seen as much as many of you.. And I know many of the established factions are pretty tight, as a good faction should be.. But I can only assume it gets boring after awhile fighting the same people over and over.. like I said isn't going to get better either.. I like playing I like the concept mostly, I try and stay within my range, it is more rewarding to get wins and kills by fighting someone my level, then punching some noob to death cause they were asked to punch me, and accepted.. can't say I haven't done it, but it's rare.. I understand that is my choice, and not all people feel the same.... HL attacks, so be it, if someone way below tries for me..cool... Gotta learn some how, doesn't mean I will go after them either, I have many lower level players I try and "coach" a bit, but it does them no good if they attacked or get attacked and cannot win, if I or someone else comes to the rescue all the time either.. That is also a disservice, as they are pretty well "protected" as is.. I let the low levels fight it out, it's a learning experience...
    Cant coddle, can't protect forever either

20. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

I can't say if I did or if I didn't, really don't remember either way.. Helped kill the time and I did have the drive to try and improve regardless