[LCN] Pop-Out World Chat Coming to Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra on Kano Play and Facebook

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi everyone,

At some point today the new World Chat we've been working on will be rolled out for Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra on Facebook and Kano Play. This chat is exactly the same as the one currently on Zombie Slayer and Pirate Clan, if you happen to play those.

chat box.jpg

It manifests as a blue box with the word Chat on it and that box is in the artwork window for your current location. Once the chat is open, it will automatically bump the game over and open on the right-hand side. The "X" button will close the chat and revert it back to its "blue box" state. The other button will pop the chat out into its own window, allowing you to re-size it and move it around. The chat currently comes with World, Syndicate, Group and Job Board tabs baked in.

chat buttons.jpg

Job Board

The Job Board allows you to freely send out Help requests without the need for Speakers. It will allow non-Mob players to hit your boss if you send it out, however, so be mindful of that. There is a toggle on the boss that you can hit to turn that functionality off. Only you can share your Bosses to the Job Board, no one else can.

job board sharing.jpg

Group Chat

Group Chat appears on the far right of the available tabs on the Chat. As you will soon be able to see there is a drop-down menu in there, which will display a variety of options. The All Groups menu will show every publicly available group which people can join and leave at will. Private groups will not appear here as those are invite-only. When you create a group, you have the option of making it public or private. To invite someone to a private group you need to enter their player name. Invites to private groups will appear on the bell icon.

You can only be in five groups at a time, but there will be an indicator on the chat to let you know how many groups you're currently in. If you are the leader of a group and you want to leave, it must be deleted, no one else can take over ownership at this point.

group chat.jpg

Additionally, the Kano Play chat will be disabled for Kano Play Server 2 when this new Chat goes live.

I'll get some screenshots up in this announcement as soon as the chat goes live. If you have any questions or feedback please leave them here.

2. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Currently:
    No ability to resize to make it wider and or longer? Only seeing 2 people's messages at a time.
    Loads with old messages. At least 6 hours old. Have to scroll in the teeny box to see new messages.
    Can't see World/Syndicate/Groups all at once?
    Chat box covers the Tabs. I can either chat or play.

It wasn't broken.. why did you try and fix it? :(

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What size is your display?

You can re-size, pop and out move the chat around to your liking. I'm taking some screenshots to demonstrate where you can find these functions.

4. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If I scroll down the game there is an another empty instance of the chat, I cant even close it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Gazember we're looking into that, thanks for the report.

6. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

chat box.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 22inch widescreen monitor.
    I refreshed and can now make it bigger and a little smaller but still not wider so it fits back where it was.
    As you can see from the image, this is as small as I can make it. It's still in the damn way :(

7. How do you turn on public sharing? I shared it on the jobs board but it still says "Off" and I can't get the slider to change. Now I'm getting friend requests from people who want to mob up and help.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Ice Queen I'm being told that the snap-in button is missing for people with monitor resolutions that don't support the game+the chat width, but with the chat floating around you should be able to find somewhere to place it that doesn't interfere with the game.

@Don You should just be able to click on the sharing slider and have it be enabled. What browser are you using?

9. Firefox 24.0

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks, we found a bug in FF 24 where the slider was working but the image wasn't changing. We're making up a fix for it as I type this.

11. Looks like it is fixed now.

12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would like to make a suggestion for moving the Chat launch icon, as now its ruining my view on my city :p

chatmove2.jpg

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hmm, that might be a little too far on the right for some people's displays. How about right beside the Mob Wars logo on the same bar?

I'll run it by the chat guy, but I think it might have to remain where it is for the time being.

14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

for the old chat it was on the right side to :) but its ok right behind the mob wars icon

15. Devilish DD

Devilish DD New Member

how can you change the name of a chat?

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You can't change the name of a Chat Group on your own at this time.

17. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

Are you looking to bring this feature to Kongregate/Armor versions of your games? If so will the 5 group limit still apply? I'm in more than 5 groups and wouldn't want to have to cull groups I'm active in/use if you are looking at porting it across.

Also, on the subject of chat...Been experiencing some issues on chrome where you type messages into group chat and they won't send. Seems to fix with a simple refresh (so I didn't put it in a ticket) but wondering if it's a known issue on kano's end.