Return to Lost World and Crafting: What You Need to Know

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 17, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

With the release of the newest location for Pirate Clan - Return to Lost World - we've made some changes to crafting and how it impacts our higher level players and players who are about to reach this location.

Our goal here was to make crafting a bit more valuable and get some mileage out of the old drops you've had hanging around. The first change that you’ll notice is that crafting is now required to complete quests. Not all the quests mind you, but a couple of the Return to Lost World Adventures will require a trip to the Blacksmith.

The other thing that you’ll notice is that the costs for crafting recipes related to this location have gone way up. The reason we did this is two-fold: one, most players past this point have more than enough coin (or can accumulate it easily enough) and two, it will make the value of the crafting output much, much higher than it has been in the past.

So, our high-level Pirate Clan players: what do you think of crafting in the new location? If you have any feedback on crafting for this new location, please leave it here!

wall_feed_return_to_lost_world.jpg

M3THMouth likes this.
  2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Wow...very intriguing. looking forward to seeing how this works. Nice twist Kano! should we expect in the other games as well?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We can't say yes or no definitively at this point, but if this update goes over well in Pirate Clan, bringing it to the other games wouldn't be an unreasonable assumption. If that answers your question. ;)

4. ben

ben Active Member

I see that and I like it...

any ideal until the new boss and treasure dig will be added ???

5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

While it is nice to constantly see updates it seems here lately yet again your catering to the upper levels and forgetting about midrange players who have been playing your game just as long everyday also. All your updates in pc on facebook or benefiting the levelers of the game who blast out into infinity and beyond. And keep doing so. Which is their choice. How about the beneficial of the group of all not just 20 or so high level players who constantly whine in facebook for more updates because they decided to keep leveling so fast.

1. More craftable items whether it be battle drops or adventure drops

2. I think your idea with the bounty board was a great move. Why not update battle lists with this process also where these players are no longer playing get thrown onto battle lists to give players something to fight. We have asked for months and months for something to be done with the dwindling battle lists you get players who you constantly beatdown numerous times during the day and they probably hate it just as much as you hate beating on them but hey they are the only ones on the battle list for you to hit.

3. I don't know a third yet i just wanted to say 3 for sheer enjoyment for you to read this are you still reading i hope your reading thanks for reading. And know i am not drunk just tired but hey i know your still reading .

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@ben Soon!™

@Jon We try to strike a good balance between giving new content to the higher levels and making sure those in the mid-and-lower ranges don't feel left out. Truth be told there's a lot of content to get through before you reach the higher location. We always keep that in mind, though. (and I'm sure there would be some higher-ups on here who would be willing to disagree with your statement ;)

To answer your questions:

1. Crafting is something we're experimenting with as you can see. We hope to make crafting more meaningful for everyone, and this is the first step.

2. If you're not seeing enough people in the Battle list you should be seeing Undead Pirates, which is essentially what you describe. As long as you're above level 510, these Undead Pirates will start appearing.

3. You're welcome!

7. Jon Ward

Undead players has a limit on them unless your going to bump the limit up on hitting them that isn't helping either. Right now on my battle list i have 8 to 10 active players maybe 5 at a time are on at rotations and more then likely they have the same amount also on their side. So were constantly beating each other left and right. Yet we can't get no help with more players to attack like you did with the bounty boards. If their account is inactive what does it matter anymore throw them on the fight list and throw a regeneration on them to constantly keep players moving. Their are many many players experincing this issue. Unless you get some fools to bounty you and get a fight list and they hide from you after trying to attack you for your bounty or whip them you still have those same 8 to 10 players only.

Pirate clan to a lot is a battle game how can you battle when no one is there to fight.

8. Jon Ward

YOU WIN!
    Close
    You can no longer attack Undead Pirates.
    +0 coins | +153 XP | -6,145 Health Lost | 0 Health Damage Dealt

Point proven 5 mins maybe 10 mins and all undead are gone for the night how does that help on a battle list it doesn't.

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

the undead have two uses to me, to finish DGP's when no one is around and it is a waste of stam for the XP, and to check on someone if I want to see if I can beat them, otherwise I have no interest in them. that is not fighting, fighting is when the person is online ,not hiding and you can beat the crap out of them. ) and that does no include the players who fight in their safe little cocoon with their leveling partner, Lame :p

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

OOOOOOHHHHH! OOOOOOHHHHH! OOOOOOHHHHH...........Mr. Kotter! (hand raised) ;)

11. prin

prin New Member

i would like this idea of crafting to get what you need for the adventure if I could find what I need to be crafted. In lost world repel the ape men assault requires a t-bone ballista. in my blacksmith there is only a mammoth bone ballista that resembles the t-bone. i have crafted more than the 20 required of mammoth bone ballistas thinking maybe a t-bone would appear. it hasn't nor does the crafting of the mammoth bone do anything to help me in the adventure. where is the t-bone ballista to craft????? this is very frustrating.

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Lost world ferry and Minatour crafts a T bone ballista
    The ferry is the first adventure in the lost world
    Minatour is from the 7th adventure in athens

prin likes this.
  13. prin

prin New Member

Thank you Kirsten! I went to check. I have 300 minotaurs and 77 lost ferry's. I still can't see the t-bone ballista in blacksmith. Now I'm at Hack a path through the jungle and need the shaman's blowgun to do it. it drops in repel the apeman. I see this as a slippery slope and very frustrating. i submitted a ticket but have not heard back as of yet. Thanks again!!

14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ya might not be at the level to craft it?? or if it is a secret , ya have to put those items in the boxes, for the first item , then it will show up, so hover the arrow over it and see what is says :)

15. prin

prin New Member

Finally!!! Thank you so much Kirsten!!! it was a pain in the butt but finally the placing the minotaur and the lost ferrys in the boxes did the trick! I only crafted one to see if it worked which was dumb because then I had to go hunt them down again but the next time i didn't make that mistake and crafted all i needed at one time!! thank you again!!!

Kirsten likes this.