MySpace Games Issue(s) (VC/LCN/PC/ZS)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, May 31, 2012.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

MySpace Players,

Since May 14th it looks like there was an increase in MySpace proxy server errors (in MySpace, games communicate through MySpace servers to our game servers), on the 30th of May the errors jumped 30 times the previous rate.

We have reached out to the contacts we do still have at MySpace to let them know about the problem but have yet to hear back. We have replicated the same issues on other applications that use MySpace proxy servers.

For those interested, below is a snapshot of the errors for May, the increase is not what we want to see...

internalErrors_MS.jpg

**UPDATE**
    Just to follow-up on this thread. Our contact forwarded on info to MySpace engineers earlier this morning, through testing it looks like it may be fixed. Error rate has dropped throughout day. Let us know if it appears fixed / better / worse?

**UPDATE August 4th 2012**
    MySpace proxy server errors are back again, we have confirmed the issue and have sent an email to MySpace support.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. Killing You Sweetly

Killing You Sweetly New Member

Sent thanks Kendall!

3. Bubba

Bubba Member

Sent in the message and got ...

Thanks for contacting Myspace,

Please note that games are not developed by Myspace, but by third-party developers. If you are having a specific issue with a game on Myspace, you can contact the developer directly.

To contact the game developer
    1. Click Report a Problem from within the game
    2. Click Send message to… (the top option) to generate an email directly to the developer
    3. Describe your issue and press Send

To block games from contacting you with offers or announcements, or to remove them from My Games, here's what you do:
    1. Hover over My Stuff and click Games
    2. Click Game Details to the right of the game you want to block or remove
    3. Click on the gear icon on the top right
    4. Select Block to block this game from sending you messages or select Remove Game to remove it from My Games

Sincerely,
    The Myspace Support team

4. FallenKnight

FallenKnight Member

I gave them the link to this thread. Now they get to see the image and will have to look into it
    Thanks for writing us!

We'll review your question and get back to you with an answer soon.

5. Toker

Toker Member

Would Creating a Viking Page for Myspace like you did for Facebook help?(I know its still a beta version) It would be a lot nicer to not have to log in to myspace if there was just a Viking page. And then Maybe through the viking page you can integrate it with the other sites so Myspace players can Battle Facebook players. And Maybe even the guilds can battle in the guild wars. This would Make the Myspace Viking clan more enjoyable. The lack of players and WAR guilds are making me want to quit more and more and I really dont want to give up my level 3000+ viking just to have to start over on facebook.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  6. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

ok kendall . i once again sent a message to myspace about fixing the buggy beta junk and told them that the only reason i'm still on myspace is viking clan . i said fix or add servers and fire the programmers who launched the buggy beta .

7. WHELER

WHELER Banned

*********READ**********

if you sent myspace a message under catigory " GAMES " i believe the message you get from them ->

"Thanks for contacting Myspace,

Please note that games are not developed by Myspace, but by third-party developers. If you are having a specific issue with a game on Myspace, you can contact the developer directly."

*****THIS IS THEM DISGARDING YOUR MESSAGE!!!!!!! & telling you to contack Kanno, re-send under a diferent catigory!!!!! *******

I sent under catigory " my account" sub " other" & it went through............

8. FIX the F'ing GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit Kano, what is with all the refreshing? I have been killed on bounty three times tonight because of refreshing and I'm VERY pissed!!!!

I certainly hope you fix this problem before you launch yet another arena in VC. The problem seems to have started about the time you launched in PC.

9. Having issues playing the game? Read more about MySpace platform issues here:
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7556

that link need to be on top where is home page ..other way some one told me to scroll down and i almost misted this thread lol

10. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Is this a MYSPACE issue? I don't have any problems playing Dead or Alive. So one must wonder if this is a KANO issue or MYSPACE. Either or, I'm hoping the problem gets resolved quickly. I got a surprise waiting for a certain someone on here.

11. Vlmor Vlmorky

Vlmor Vlmorky New Member

............?????? wander if traffic graph would
    be good [explainetory] add 4 debug parts on
    both behalves :cool:

12. As stated in this thread it is a problem with the MySpace proxy servers and not a problem with Kano... During the Pirate Clan battle arena, more servers were needed to handle the increased numbers and this was done momentarily speeding up the game...

Please take the time to read through this thread and find the appropriate method for contacting MySpace directly to get them to look into the issue, the more people that send a message, the more likely it is that MySpace will act to correct the issue.

13. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

I don't know if it is MySpace or not, but I am starting to get the same lagging issues on Facebook version of the games as well as with MySpace.Not as bad as MySpace, but still the same in sending posts, messages and gifts.

14. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Lol, yeah...if I didn't accidentally hit 'end' key I'd never of seen it. :p
    Facebook has been stupid for a day or two now...actual facebook though not just the apps

15. Great Idea, have made this into a sticky thread so it's displayed at the top of the forum, and is more easily noticeable and accessible :)

16. hahahahaha i mean in the game not forum .. scroll down hard to spot .. please put on home page left or right so PLAYER's can spot on and send complains to myspace .. LOL

17. I obviously misunderstood, at least anyone visiting the forum can see it a little easier, and I'll send your suggestion to a developer to look at :)

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Just to follow-up on this thread. Our contact forwarded on info to MySpace engineers earlier this morning, through testing it looks like it may be fixed. Error rate has dropped throughout day. Let us know if it appears fixed / better / worse?

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Could be that maybe those games handle retries on connection timeouts differently so that it is not as noticeable.

Yesterday I verified it on 3 separate app developers outside of Kano. It is definitely a MySpace thing and from testing looks to be fixed.

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Sending gifts / messages / invites etc is Facebook issue.