War Event Duration Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So a Friday to Sunday event would be a 2 day event
    • Day 1: Friday -> Saturday
    • Day 2: Saturday -> Sunday 10 am when event endsI dont mind giving shortened wars a shot.
    • I do know theres some folks that would like to see some of the wars on weekdays to. But for me I would like to have it Fri to Sun. Raids and Arena are taking the heck out of me lol

2. ajui

ajui Member

so if 96 hours is 5 days, how many hours will that 3 days gonna be? how about token regenerate time? max token capacity? revive time? max amount heal per hour? all this need to be consider too. low guilds mostly get war points from healing to compete on their division.

3. I am meh on the idea of shortening Syndicate Wars to 3 days, works fine as it is but whatever.

HOWEVER, if you are going to push the same amount of tokens generating into a much shorter timeframe, you better adjust the roof and particularly when it comes to starting time and starting token allocation. Presently we start with 200, hit a roof at 300 and generate the max 300 from zero in approximately 13.5 hours, or 4.5 hours pr 100 tokens. Generation from zero to full over 13.5 hours is fine; letting only 4.5 hours pass from starting allocation to full is NOT fine and is in fact quite idiotic. When the war starts 1 AM overflow starts at 5.30 AM, and so you have already skewed the war from the get go. Sort this out before starting to experimenting with shorter wars.

4. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

The duration right now is fine, but if you shorten it, you would have to increase the max cap of 300. European players are already loosing out on quite a few tokens in the beginning because of the starttime being 1am, meaning if this is shortened and regen increased, we would end up being in a even worse starting position

Kay-Arne Hansen likes this.
  5. Tiny Vile Lyn

Tiny Vile Lyn Member

Since I'm not a huge fan of synd wars anyway, because they seem long and drawn out, i think ending it on Sunday night or Monday morning would be good because it will allow for team player rotations in warmode. Currently if someone rotates out of warmode when synd wars ends, it messes the team up for the week.

FancyPants likes this.
  6. zacko343

zacko343 New Member

How about trying to figure out how to balance things out.
    All A Tier groups have the same amount of attack, then decrease for a B Tier and then decrease again for C, D & E and make the war not based on the Top 15 in each syndicate. This would prevent the loners out there from just jumping syndicates and leaving after each War.

Just throwing a random idea out there. Currently, if you are a low A tier group or B, there is no point in using refills as they are pretty much just a waste of GF as the high level groups run SW as they have done with BA. I just join BA now for the XP.

7. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

Faster regen time should open up for a higher max capacity, at least 500.....
    And skip the max health actions, let Syns and clans heal whatever they need......Whats the point of healing if you cant fend off attackers if you hit a friggin roof?

HJM, Kimbella and Seppo like this.
  8. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

like your ideas too Pinhead :)

Pinhead likes this.
  9. Big Vinny

Big Vinny New Member

If you are going to shorten the wars why not go to 4 days and alternate Thursday to Sunday and Saturday to Tuesday. The logistics of such a change may confuse some but would certainly allow the most people to play. There should also be a change in the kill values. This will make the table more even. A synds that kill E synds would get less points whereas if an A hits an A they would get more points. My 2 cents :)

10. koo22

koo22 Member

Guild wars a/k/a faction wars.

11. mstetz62

mstetz62 New Member

many of us work weekends

12. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Are you guys going to fix this upcoming Armada War on armor/kong??? We have had no E aramda's for the last 3 wars! You keep pushing us little armadas up a rank with bigger/stronger ones, which is totally unfair for us little groups. Just because one person makes a bunch of alt aramdas doesn't mean we should all suffer, and everyone knows who is making them!!

13. Painted Dragon

Painted Dragon New Member

Every 10 days is getting to be tedious, its more like 'work' instead of fun - hard for everyone to give up an entire weekend too. More time between wars would give lower levels more time to save FPs and buy Hired Guns instead of having to spend on War.

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The reason for that is low participation. If there are not enough participating Armada's it will automatically start cutting off the lower divisions if it can fill them adequately.

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

So No comment on token capacity? at least 2 others raised this issue.

HJM likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Purpose of the thread is the duration of the event. If we want to make additional adjustments we'll likely do so in a different thread.

17. Eraser

Eraser Member

But It was mentioned that the Regen Time on the token would be adjusted, and the OP mentioned refills being increased, and as so, "other adjustments" are very much relevant to this thread.

It effects the War Event by a lot if it becomes more demanding because its shortened. I wont be the only one who wont like not being able to keep up with the token regen being increased.

Im a strong vote of "NO" on a shortened war that is rquires me to do more maintenance.

That is from your OP, so yes, I feel like you're not considering those who participate because its "light". A little action 2-3 Times a day is what makes factions wars Pleasant, and fun. If you increase token regen without increasing capacity, you ruin that and make it Taxing and Jobby.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
    Kay-Arne Hansen likes this.
  18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

These are valid concerns but right now we are focussing on event duration. If the event ran shorter or longer than the current events then I would expect that we would make some adjustments around tokens and refills to compensate for this, but right now it is way too early to talk about in much detail.

19. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

We have half the groups join in ZS and still have A,B,C,D,E. What are you talking about? 3-4 in each tier should not be a problem.

20. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Don't see a reason to change duration of the event. But i do agree it should be spaced out more, once a month instead of two would give people a chance to build up their FP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.