Development News February 2, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Mi7ch you know what happened due to exploits in Mafia wars... Please don't let us lose this game too. It happened in Sorority Life too, the game was discontinued due to exploits (all their games were pulled) ... We love LCN please don't let them take it away from the ones that care just because some people that are too lazy to scroll on a screen or click a mouse :( It won't only affect us, it will affect Kano employees too- your job security... We may complain but it doesn't mean we don't love LCN... Please, change the code to c++ so it no longer uses java and is much more difficult to exploit and protect the integrity of both LCN and Kano...

2. GuessX

GuessX New Member

firstly.. kano, the click code was genius, however it was bypassable in just a few lines.

Kano employees have nothing to fear IMO, currently they are doing more than other devs of other products by having a line of communication and actually replying to users, which i have nothing but respect for. Exploits and bugs are found to be fixed hence keeping them in a job.

They wont re-code an entire game at this stage of its life, also changing it to other languages doesnt really make it any harder to code for from my perspective.

Every game that i can code for starts the same way, click on something, see the url fire, see post data that gets attached, see the response then mimick, when trying to mimick: can i use their functions or do i need to replicate, if replicating can i modify it to include a feature? then create a handler for the results so i can parse to let a "script" know what logic to work off. hardcoding in options, test it all works, make a GUI, inject the script somehow and make the hardcoded options now selectable, retest it all, fix (if needed), release.

im more than happy to discuss scripts all day as i think its always a topic that should be discussed thoughly and not just instantly locked/deleted etc.

I dont feel that the game needs a full autoplayer, im also more about slight helpers than anything else.

interesting fact: i cant click a mouse as much as this game requires because my hand will lock up, currently im only a small level with low pools of energy/stamina, i still get enjoyment out of the game despite using aides, which have slow delays that are slower than most users clicking, so servers arent getting hammered with requests, im even playing less than users that "go and hunt for hours"

another "thing" ive found: LCN when adding mob from the invite -> recommended mob tab, after adding every single one for about 5 page requests the recommened pool of players repeat, so that everytime after you refresh that page you've already sent invites out to all of them, could the recommended pool be expanded OR is it simply that their are only 5~ pages of players within that level pool to recommend?

SeVaR likes this.
  3. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

We already gave you input on your page over this. We do not need anything scripted in LCN? Find a new game to screw up please, thank you and good riddance :)

Killa Queen and Shari Reed like this.
  4. GuessX

GuessX New Member

really? theres so many things that im finding can be made a bit better.

for example gifting: currently i can only select a gift and goto send it, it populates facebook people but no one in the game,(mainly because 90% of my facebook people dont play it) i made a work around so now i can send to people in game thats in my mob.

do you know how handy that is?

SeVaR likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It is not your job to make scripts, this is Kano's game and the players have played here for a long time, but I am sure kano will be watching you and if you make any you will be gone , fast

Killa Queen and Shari Reed like this.
  6. GuessX

GuessX New Member

my problem is: peoples understanding of scripts.
    Me:let me explain.
    you:dont, scripts are cheating.
    Scripts are useful in many different ways, even UI improvements (such as moving bosses you are helping people with to the top of the screen, instead of having to scroll).

Im interested in your thoughts on salthefoot property calculator as technically thats 3rd party and gives the user an advantage over what properties to purchase to increase their bounty etc over a user that doesnt use the property calculator.

7. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

The 1 click gets me a spot in the raid without worrying about who else is attacking at the moment. It's not like I try to do all my actions with the 1 click.

8. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

I find that in game has no such feature that allows us to save raid players list so if we need to reesend our raids to ( instead of force us to use job chat for easy access, how primitive kano really is) so that is why i think script should be allows, IT IS NOT CHEATING despite some pleple whines and cries about,..... HYPERCRITIC butthurt

9. Kirsten

I don't use the property calculator, I don't need to

10. Kirsten

make your self one in Groups, not that hard to do or use FB, again not that hard to do

11. Kirsten

Yeah I usually go with the heal on a public boss, just to be on the safe side, if it is healed , cool if not, I don't kill it, job raids usually fill fast and furious, rather be safe than sorry and be a raid killer

12. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

only hypercritic players here spoke up against useful script when they are actual really doing it ( some are programmers) , nice try

13. Kirsten

that makes no sense, nice try though

Killa Queen likes this.
  14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Automation in any way is against TOS, if you're to lazy to click, then don't. If you need a aide to play a game, then your actually not playing the game, plain and simple.

Killa Queen, Shari Reed and Kirsten like this.
  15. GuessX

GuessX New Member

so what about a script doing non automation stuff?

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We've been aware of this person and their script for a while and we know what it does.

Our stance on using scripts in the game has not changed and if you choose to install someone else's program on your computer then there are inherent risks with doing so.

If players are interested in certain UI tweaks, then that's something we should be looking at as well so people don't feel the need to use scripts.

Killa Queen, TomcaT and Monkey Poo like this.
  17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This is an issue on FB's end of things and yes it's annoying. This feature does not work unless the person you are sending to is your "Friend" on the FB platform itself. Given this restriction I am not sure why FB doesn't just hide this checkbox if that Friends condition is not met.

So unfortunately there isn't much we can do about this one :(

18. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

Idk if it's true but I've been told that toolbars for gaming are not allowed on facebook so if it works now.. it won't for long if this is true and Facebook gets wind of it... Games make money for Facebook too and now that this forum has made everyone aware of its use I am sure Kano will make Facebook aware also... So smile Smack :)

Monkey Poo likes this.
  19. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

I think I need to put this simply... any altering of the original script is against TOU. You can not change/ rewrite the script or recode it in ANY way as it belongs to Kano- it is their intellectual property and they own all rights to it... If you can not play the game without automation... then, perhaps, it isn't the game for you. Js... the only people that have the appropriate permissions to mess with the script are Kano employees

Killa Queen and Kirsten like this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually if Facebook friends, the tick box still doesn't work (unless recent change) only way it won't pop-up if they have NO Facebook account at all, but it still will "appear and disappear real fast"