TGIF! Development News for January 26, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 27, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for reading our weekly wrap-up! We’ve got a bit of a TGIF to get into this week so let’s get right to it.

Admin Private Message Tool

A few keen observers might have already seen this, but this week we added the ability for Admins to directly send players Private Messages without needing to be friends in-game first.

Sometimes we need to get in touch with you but email can on occasion be unreliable and the account-level warning can be a bit stern depending on the circumstances. If you receive a PM from us, that’s not a cause for alarm we just want to chat! Admin PMs will be announced by an orange button in the Location art window, so it will be hard to miss.

Only Admins can send the opening message so if you have an issue please send in a Support ticket first. Admin messages will also be recorded in our Support system so there’s a record of those conversations as well. If you have any more questions about this system, let us know.

War Event Reward Collection Mobile Update

Just so we don’t buck the trend, we have another fix rolling out in time for the current LCN/PC War events ending on Tuesday.

Players have been letting us know about issues on the mobile app that were preventing them from collecting their rewards once the Wars had wrapped. It took some digging but we were able to reproduce this and correct the bug.

Come Tuesday if you’ve had trouble in the past redeeming your rewards on the mobile app for the War events, give it a shot and let us know if it is working for you now.

Kano Play Logout Issues

We saw an issue this week where players (and myself!) were unable to logout of Kano Play and were stuck in a refresh loop.

After some investigation, we’ve released a fix for this and the problem should be solved. If you’re still having trouble with logging out, try clearing your cookies (you can delete cookies on a per-website basis so Google that if you don’t want to lose all of your saved login info) or you can try a private window or another browser.

Please let us know if you’re still running into trouble and we’ll take a look.

New Mob Wars: LCN Characters

It’s been a few years (2014, I checked) but next week Mob Wars: LCN will be receiving some new characters for players to equip themselves with!

These characters will be available at Level 4,000 for 400 FP (these characters come with double the usual number of character exclusive items) but if you own the previous characters in the line that price will be discounted.

Keep your eye on the News feed for an announcement when these are released mid-to-late next week.

Zombie Slayer Co-op Boss

The last bit of content for Tokyo will be out next Wednesday, January 31. This is the Crafting recipes and the Co-op Boss so ready yourselves for battle!

Facebook Contest Winners

Congrats to this week’s winners who got an infusion of Favor Points/UN Credits each! These contests are weekly, so make sure to check our Facebook fan pages to enter.

Suzanne Handley
    Sabine Dingens
    Rosemary L Barnes
    Ken Waterman
    Patrick M Matthews
    Bella Louisa Leonardi
    Clifton Stanford
    Jenn York

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

The Past, The Present and The Future walked into a bar.

It was tense.

2. lol thanks for the udates but i'm lost at the admins private tool ? other than than that no probs here lol tired brain i might figure it out laters but congrats to all the winners ;)

3. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

Recently it was mentioned that to increase location frequency and other updates i believe in ZS the weekly items have been reduced to every 2 weeks. Would it be possible to send out a a message to all players using the new admin messages to get relativly quick feedback from a majority of the active playerbase to see if they would like to have their weekly items frequency the same as ZS currently has so that all games could potentially see faster times in between with new location and updates?

Also for the characters being released in LCN... that is awesome to hear, guessing that might be an indication of other games getting some as well. If that does happen to be the case i have a thread dedicated to a way of expanding upon said characters to not only give reduction in time to receive stam/energy gold but other boosts that would add quite a bit to the value of the characters.

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/new-characters.22316/#post-162853

Looking over the thread again there isnt much i would change except maybe the lvls of unlock due to raids. The fp amounts listed are variable due to them being scaled off the previous tier so they would raise a bit but then the discount of following same tier counteracts that for people wanting to go the same path.

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A server wide message is not what this PM tool was built for nor can it handle such a case. This is a 1-to-1 system for direct back and forth with a single player.

There are also no plans to adjust the item frequency on other games. I should note though that the change in ZS item frequency has close to zero impact on our ability to release new locations and updates to the game. Very much apples and oranges.

5. neill1990

from that quote in the last tgif made it sound as though that was the case. Was thinking that more time spent on creating art pieces for the new locations/raids would be how it could be produced faster. I know it can be quite time consuming to create a minimum of 6 art pieces every week for every game that are polished up, over all games 24 pieces, now 18 which is still a fair amount of work.

Makes sense about the mass message through the admin chat, isnt its intended use but was worth a shot lol.

6. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

no January 24 week contest on facebook page?

7. slave

slave Member

im sure its probably just me, but doesnt it make sense to reverse order the locations for outbreaks? to have to scroll down the list past all the locations ive finished to get to the one i havent, in my opinion, is absurd. as an extra bonus, it only takes 13 scrolls of the mouse wheel to get to the new boss, which is also scrolling past all the old bosses ive beaten a thousand times....i know its me telling you how to do your job, but if you had someone on staff playing this game, these would have been fixed already as they are quite annoying, in fact incredibly annoying. thanks for listening

8. neill1990

Having a toggle check mark or something similar that would fit into the games style would work. Have it next to the boss and when checked it hides it from the list. There are a few bosses i will not open due to being to strong and would rather then be hidden away from the list as well.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Any reason "Global Holiday Raid Past Checkpoints" is popping up under raids tab? FB VC

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Yeah that's not supposed to be happening. Thanks for the heads up Jades, a dev is going to fix this up.

mi7ch and JADES like this.
  11. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Do you think it would be possible to get a tentative date for a new location coming to Viking Clan? not set in stone but a reasonable estimate would be great :)

12. neill1990

pirate clan hasnt gotten a location in nearly a year... i think you guys can wait considering vc got a location ~3 months ago.

13. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

I can't help it no one likes pirate clan, well except for all the alts lol

14. neill1990

there is no one game that doesnt have alts, that statement holds no value. If anybody says there are not alts on my platform because its the best, they need a reality check.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

From a TGIF back in November:

ZS got is Location last month, so next is Pirate Clan.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Yes i know PC is next was just trying to get an actual timeline instead of "shortly after", soon around here could mean many months. Just look at adjusting tier levels in VC rb's, told 3 months ago was going to update for armor/kong and still nothing.

17. K R I S T Y

K R I S T Y New Member

Out of curiosity, when are the next raids due on lcn? Also, when will there be a new location?

18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

two weeks

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

February 15 is the next LCN Raid.

K R I S T Y likes this.
  20. K R I S T Y

K R I S T Y New Member

thanx mi7ch muchly appreciated

mi7ch likes this.