TGIF! Development News for January 5, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Yeah it looks like the enter key is going to cause issues there. But you have determined the solution in using your mouse.

2. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I believe that.

But I also know that if I get too many bounties on mobile app, I don't see another list until I go to web to answer the math question. I've tested it. I've waited 1/2 hour on mobile app to see if I'll get a HL and it doesn't show up until I answer the math Q on FB.

3. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Mine does not refresh for several hours. Others have said it happens with 15-30 minutes of NO activity within the game.

What I believe in regards to the "delay" is that it adds time per catch and releases at a rate of 1 per 15 minutes removing a catch from the timer. When say an hour a catch is released from your count and 1 second is removed from the delay.

Times in example above are completely made up. but like this. at 14 HL kills I flat do not see lists unless someone clicks heal. after an hour their little vault says ok show her as 13 kills release a second. So if I come on in an hour and get 1 HL kill my delay is right back to I don't see things. I have to wait long enough for a few HL's to drop off to feel like I can hunt.

Shrug it's what it appears to work like on my view. No idea if it works anything like that. But my Game history will show 0 catches yet I cannot get to 14 again before delay hits.

Now as to the Captcha CRAP. Sorry Kano, until you can show it is indeed aiding you in catching scripts etc it's crap. Especially given you have to take your hands off the mouse to key the number and then move back to the mouse where you are used to enter submitting forms such as those. It's a pain in the arse and triggers when the most action is. You'll miss all the action messing with the stupid captcha.

But I digress. With the captcha I'm wondering if it's not the delay and the captcha working together to make it appear you are waiting on the captcha. What I mean is, Captcha is triggered by number of clicks on the HL not how many catches. It's a click counter not a catch/kill counter. So you could kill absolutely 0 and get the captcha. What I think is happening in your case is you are hitting delay. In frustration you are logging into KP. The moment you click the HL tab you trigger the captcha. You've already got the click counter over it's threshold. So that click on kp to see what is up triggers the popup. Not that the actual pop up is already there waiting. But rather the action to check turns it on.

Not sure if that makes any sense. Or even how close I am. But I'm willing to bet that if you have been hunting you've hit your max clicks for the captcha and as soon as you are on a platform that allows for it, the next click triggers it open.

Short story to Kano....It's great you are trying to make things fair. But these checkers and things you;ve added have absolutely destroyed our trust in the systems and each other. The captcha and delay reduce the enjoyment of the game to such a serious extent that the fun is sucked right out of the game. We cannot sustain a group of players long enough to make it an active game since we hit all these "fair" fixes. So folks max out and leave. Heck we max out on UN's that aren't even worth the stamina to hit them. Folks turn to Lounge/WC for entertainment and things get ugly. Folks just stay dead since there is nothing in the game to occupy them so there is no "gaming" going on. Then you add the frustration you see above with folks that have not watched all this get implemented and don't know all those little pesky details and why would they fight through all that? Just to get crapped on in lounge?

I do hope you find a way to make the game fun and stick around. We DO have our fun despite some of the mechanics that get in the way ;)

JADES likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually, I think you nailed it, on how works......... Seen same my side, but well said on explanation.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  5. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I'm not sure even Kano knows lol. When I'm playing at home, I'll have lcn loaded up on my laptop on kanoplay. Everything but hitlist is better on the pc I think. So I can see HL on web browser while I'm using HL on mobile app.

What I usually do is hunt in batches - let's face it, it's not the most exciting thing to tap tap tap. My biggest successes are when I'm waiting on line somewhere like a store. I've started hunting there and I'll typically catch 2 or 3 before it's my turn to order/pay. During a blitz, I'll hunt for 2-3 mins, do something else, hunt again, do something else etc. Seems to work for me. And avoids the captcha and I don't notice a delay. If I try to do it more than that at one time, it's the captcha issue.