TGIF! Development News for January 5, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 6, 2018.

1. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

in complete agreement with you lol, was just describing why the math problem is there but dont understand why it isnt popping on mobile since that is where you were playing at the time.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It should not be working like that, I've let the developers know (I actually let them know yesterday but forgot to reply, sorry!).

FancyPants likes this.
  3. neill1990

did armorgames ever get back to you guys about PC/VS not showing in the search anymore?

4. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Thanks @mi7ch - let me know when it's fixed and I'll let you know if it's not ;)

5. neill1990

Not sure if others are having this problem but on kong none of the kano/apps games are appearing in the search anymore. Not sure of the exact day this started but within the past couple weeks im pretty sure.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the heads up Neill, we'll contact Kongregate about this.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I had Smack confirm that the captcha is not forced on mobile, so it should not impeded your ability to see listings. Smack mentioned that what you are seeing is the Hitlist delay rather than the catpchas making you miss out on mobile listings.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Viking Clan looks to be back, and we're working on getting PC and ZS restored. Thanks for the head's up.

9. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Hmmm. So I play on mobile app, see lots of hit lists. Then nothing. And nothing. And more nothing. I go check kanoplay on my laptop and there's a math question. I'm not accessing HL there. Didn't even have the page loaded. So how's that happening?

If the math question appears because there's too much "refreshing" action going on, how could it appear on the web browser if I'm not playing there? I don't even try for HL on web since mobile web went away. I only use the mobile app on my phone.

And it works fine until it doesn't. And then no lists show up. And then there's a math question on kanoplay.

And if the math question appears to stymie bots or scripts, why wouldn't it appear on mobile app?

All I know is what actually happens. And what happens is, after I catch a few bounties on mobile app on my phone, a math question will appear on the web browser. Which I have to answer on Facebook or I will get stuck in an endless loop on kanoplay.

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Why do you have to answer it on Facebook? I just answered one on Kanoplay Server 1 just fine. I solved the math question and clicked Continue and the hitlist showed back up.

As for why you are seeing the captcha on Desktop and not on Mobile is because the mobile app does not have support for these captchas. However, after a certain amount of activity on the Hitlist is passed your account is flagged to show the captcha. It doesn't matter if this activity originated from Mobile or Desktop, our tracking treats it as one and the same.

11. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

1) Because as I stated in an earlier post, if I answer the question on Kanoplay, it sends me to FB to answer the question but first it serves up the "allow game to post to Facebook" message. Then it loops. Because I answer no. I will not answer Yes to post on FB. ** If I go to lcn on FB, I can answer the math question with no request to post. Seems like a glitch to me.

2) Maybe I need more to drink but what? Mobile app doesn't support captcha. OK. But after a certain amount of activity on HL on mobile app, my account will be flagged to show captcha. WTH. How am I supposed to answer it on mobile app if it doesn't show up? It's fine if I am home, I can pop open my laptop to check for captcha but this is very illogical. If people play on mobile, and that activity can trigger a flag, then you should be able to address that flag on mobile.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

That is strange. There is nothing about the captcha that should try to post to FB.

You don't have to answer it on mobile at all. Mobile is not blocked by the captcha and it is not impeding your game play.

13. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

But it is. I don't see the captcha on mobile but after some time, I also see zero targets. And if I go to my laptop and crack it open to the web browser, there's a math question. And if I answer the math question, voila, targets re-appear on my mobile app hitlist.

I know to do this because if I have Lounge chat open, I can see people posting bounties. And if I see bounties in Lounge, but no targets on hitlist, I know there's a math question.

I only do hitlist on mobile app. So if captcha isn't on mobile, and you aren't looking at # of repeat actions on mobile, why is there a math question waiting for me on the web browser version?

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

FancyPants How many bounties you get on mobile app, before this even 'so-called' occurs?

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We ARE looking at repeat actions on Mobile however once again there is no Captcha support. So you are triggering a threshold based on actions taken on mobile but you are not seeing the result of this (ie: the captcha) until you go to desktop.

As for not seeing bounties see post #27 in this tread. Mi7ch explains this.

16. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Ok so I thought well that's cool. I like that change. But I gotta say I'm disappointed to discover healing doesn't count. Do you have any idea how dull it is to be the healer of the crew? You watch everyone getting into the scout and take down and you try to heal and not block them out. While they all congratulate each other on kills and get excited to be the "winner" you click heal. Now I get to watch my bar not move for it too? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Come on kano. We get it. You no longer like defense points. But could we throw the few of us that built with some defense a bone now and again? I mean, geez, is it really too much to ask that we get our credit for playing at least?

17. AlterEgoT

Ah the lovely math question we all hate. Here's a tip. Never ever hit enter. You have to move your mouse to the answer button and click.

I play on kp. But I've used the fb version. It doesn't post a pop up for the math question to share to your page. So it would appear something else is popping up. I don't think they even have wording for the math question for fb.

However. Go to your facebook settings and block ZS from posting to your timeline. it won't post that way no matter if you click for it to or not in the game. I usually click the X on the pop up so I don't have to scroll to the buttons on the popups btw.

And Kano? I don't know a single soul who wants to share all that crap to FB. It gets in the way of playing AND clutters the heck out of timelines on FB. Perhaps do away with that entirely? (or at least make it something we'd want to share, like an achievement or a recruit link or even a gift request)

FancyPants likes this.
  18. AlterEgoT

For me I'm cut off at 14 catches. The delay appears to start sooner but the bounties are gone before I see them after 14 probably 85% of the time. Generally, for instance during an active period of time in the game, you get roughly 8 minutes to play before you are cut off from pretty much seeing all but the healing bounties.

It's one of the things to make it more ahem "fair"

Those with faster connections seem to do just fine. For me it's the number one killer of fun in this game. It kills so much as folks quit listing when all their squad is on delay and people LEAVE if they can't hunt. wars tend to not gain any traction. Or worse, they just wait until their enemy hits delays on baby un's then list your crew so they can brag about pitch and catch.

Have I mentioned I HATE the delay crap? Several accounts for whatever reason still seem to catch high number of bounties long after everyone else doesn't see them but I haven't determined why. And worse, it HURTS the littler hunters since it takes them more attacks to take a big account down while they have clicked 8 times for a list healing and trying to catch the delay wears off and a bigger account snags it with one stamina.

But hey it's "fair"

19. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

1) AlterEgoT is correct - if I hit enter after answering the math question on Kano, that's when it goes into its endless loop to FB to request to post. If I maneuver over and click, this doesn't happen.

2) So... let's try this again.
    a) You are saying that Kano does look at repeat actions on HL on mobile app. But there is no ability currently to serve up a Captcha on mobile app. *This sounds accurate*
    b) Then you say I trigger the threshold with repeated actions on mobile app HL but I can't see it until I go to desktop (which is kanoplay web browser). *I agree*
    c) Where we don't agree is your conclusion that the captcha waiting for me on the web browser has no impact on my ability to see bounties on mobile app HL and that the reason I am not seeing bounties on mobile app HL, once the captcha has been triggered, is because there's some sort of hitlist delay. *I call BS on this.* If the actions on mobile app trigger the Captcha on web browser, then THAT (the captcha waiting on web browser) is blocking me from seeing any more bounties on mobile app HL. Unless you are terming that a "delay" as in "it's delayed until I go to my web browser and answer the math question".

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There literally is a delay that is introduced separate from the Captcha. The more lists you catch, the game starts to add a small "buffer" between when a list goes up and when you can see it. This is what Smack and myself are referring to when we say there is a delay.

AlterEgoT, JADES, Smack and 1 other person like this.