TGIF! Development News December 29th 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 30, 2017.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello again, everyone!

Here we are at the end of the year. What a wild ride 2017 has been, and we’re excited about what the next year holds. Much like last week this week has been a bit on the slow side development wise but we wanted to check in and let you know what we’ve been up to before we go off to ring in the new year. Have a safe and happy new years!

Holiday Raids

The last Holiday Raid is going on in Viking Clan right now, meaning every game has had a chance to try their collective hands at this event.

Mob Wars: LCN just finished up today at noon Pacific and your loot chest rewards are ready to collect! If you collected one and can’t find them again, go back to the Raids tab on the Boss page and your remaining chests will be there.

We’re definitely looking at running this sort of thing again with the progress bar and unique themes. We’re also thinking about what other prizes we can offer for reaching goals other than loot chests, so if you’ve enjoyed the Raids and have any thoughts let us know!

Random Friend Inviter and Desktop Invite Page Rework

Next week we’ll be releasing a refresh for the current invite page for the games as well as adding the random inviter feature to desktop (the mobile app already has this).

It makes the page a lot more streamlined and will make it easier for you to find and add allies which is essential in a social game. Here’s a preview of what it will look like next week:

[​IMG]

Holiday Support and Community Update

We mentioned this in last week’s TGIF, but just a quick reminder that due to the Holidays the Support department is a bit behind on tickets. Our diligent reps are working as hard as they can to catch up, and business will resume as normal next Tuesday.

Facebook Contest Winners

George Svensson
    Raymond Morris
    Kevin Faulkner
    Beth Alonso
    Ioana Diana Catrina
    Susie Vella
    Brad Jessome
    Lars Hendrik Hausken
    Valerie Wood
    Jean-Francois Alain
    Mike Hallmark
    Andrea Jonathan Fasiello

Frozen User Count: 3

The Last Lame Joke of 2017

What do you call a priest that’s also a lawyer?

A father in law!

Kimbella, Sparrowhawk, TomcaT and 2 others like this.
  2. Happy New Year to all the Kano staff, loved the holiday raids tho' i didn't get to participate in many due to my stamina/energy am going to work on that a bit more for the next event, Also Congrats to all the comp winners,, :)

3. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

would be nice in the year 2018 u can remove ambushes from all Kano Apps an that 60 day protection junk an protection from being placed so many times on the hitlist...

4. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Active Member

yes ... what other proze beside the chest loot, if you ask.... please return 10 skill points reward for the first raid , thas one i love very much

5. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

I would like to say that Holiday Raids was nice idea. I would like to add that the concept needs some tweaking.
    It does not appear to be fair for players who participated in a Raid or Two to receive the same rewards as others who committed using their Energy and Stamina to complete 50, 100 or 200+ Raids. Many players used their FPs for refills and may have even spent money to buy FPs to complete Raids. There should be some type of minimum amount of Raids participated in to Qualify for each Loot Case.
    Being rewarded so many of these New Loot Cases I think artificially inflates the lower level's fight strength and unfairly makes them much stronger that many low level accounts that are dormant that appear on their fight lists. It allows those accounts to gain more Fight Wins, Fight Kills and Punch Kills and gain Achievements that many others have or will not attain. It also allows them to do more damage on Boss Fights, thus reducing the amount of Stamina required to attain the minimum damage requirement, allowing them to then use that extra stamina towards fighting and possibly attaining Achievements many of us have not been able to attain.
    Thanks for allowing me to voice my opinion.
    Tom

Kimbella, Pinhead and Patricia Tuohy like this.
  6. i see where you are coming from with this, as it was a first roll out i'm sure kano will tweak it in future and rewards will be either tiered per raids done in future, there were a lot of raids failed because of either campers or folk being busy with christmas period i lost one due to same too many camping out and doing nothing over 3 day period too, so guess it was just a good jesture on kanos part to give us all same loot cases for the first one :)

7. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

Kano has the ability to limit camping by setting a limit as to how many Raids a player can join at one time until they have either completed a raid or at least completed minimum actions. Of course there would be NO limit on how many Raids one can participate in.

Kimbella and Patricia Tuohy like this.
  8. Finally put it out there by the creators: SOCIAL GAME. For all those thinking otherwise...

9. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Agree that the rewards shouldn't be the same for everyone and it should be based on participation.

I also would like to see the 10 FPS (or any FPs) being awarded for completing raid # 1.

I did 35 raids and got 16 loot cases. Other syn members did 1, 8, and 15 --- all got 16 loot cases. There were other players who did hundreds, also got 16 loot cases. Perhaps it could be based on the milestones. If you did one, you get the first milestone only. If you did 5, you can collect the 5 milestone reward etc. STILL overly generous but maybe it would encourage more participation.

Kimbella, Tony_G and TomcaT like this.
  10. actually regular mobwars has already done that not sure if you can read it but this is apart of the ss but folk were complaining there too about too many campers on raids mobupdate.png

11. also this doesn't help with folk who do minimum damage or just over it as was case in raid i was in that failed lot of them just left it to be done by those of us who i might add were suprised to be in the the top ten even tho' we were only the lower 10 players busting our guts/using everything we had to get the raid done, there were was full 10 of every level on it don't know why the bigger players sat on their asses, first raid i ever been in at my level and ended up in 4th place at the top for damage lol

12. maybe it was just sour grapes for this new introduction of holiday raid i don't know but sad that a full participation from everyone on it didn't complete while those who didn't have ton of stamina/energy gave it our all up until christmas day with only 2hrs left to complete and raid only had a small amount of health left but the rest of us has nothing left to give to finish it :(

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

it was based on participation for 4 platforms, I don't understand the negative comments, it was meant to be fun the games are meant to be fun, if ya not having fun ......

Rick B likes this.
  14. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

I had fun with the holiday raid nice to have something different to do

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Tony_G

Tony_G Member

Please also add an opt out feature for this as I for one do not want any of the many either current alternate accounts/future alts having the ability to send me an invite OWING TO the fact that you support the use of alts & account sharing quite contrary to your own terms and conditions..

Any alts that have been reported or even for that matter shared accounts over the years you have failed to ban and merely come up with some cock and bull story not to ban!

TomcaT likes this.
  16. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

I definitely appreciated the different raids in all 4 games. I too like Kirsten thought it was based on 4 platforms but I think the others are saying that it didn't matter how many you did everyone received the same rewards. Fun yes but if everyone gets the same rewards then it does deflate the items a bit. I thought the checkpoints were to acknowledge the ones that put a lot of effort in making it past the checkpoints. I didn't ask around to see how many got what but it is a bit discerning to hear that everyone got the same thing if that is that is the case. Maybe the items were bigger and better than the ones that just did a raid or two. Either way they were fun, I loved the changing poles and the different bosses. I am glad you changed it from filling up to knocking them down - good job and glad to hear we have future ones to look forward too ;)

TomcaT likes this.
  17. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I missed where I had a negative comment or said it wasn't fun.

It was based on total participation, not individual contribution.

Everyone who completed 1 raid got the same as everyone who did dozens or hundreds of raids. It was the regular daily godfather loot cases.

Personally, I liked the cases as most of the items are still very good for me. And even though I did 3 dozen, there were many more that did more than me that might feel they should get more loot cases.

If the goal is to increase participation and discourage campers, then basing the rewards on how many raids you do, seems like that would help.

TomcaT likes this.
  18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

All anyone is required to do is the min, not everyone has the same resources, I don't open them in two games but I do in the other two games, at least 5 of them and join a boatload of my friends, IMO as an owner if you have to rely on others to take your raid down, ya got no business opening one, mine are private, and I have players who can do alot or min, does not matter to me, as I can take my own down and then some.

19. Darren Andy

Darren Andy New Member

It's crap that everyone gets 16 loot cases. Whats the point of doing all of the raids if your making the payout equal for everyone. It should be tier based as well based on how many raids you complete.

TomcaT likes this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Negative, you didn't even have to participate in any raids="zero" and still got same 'loot chest' rewards as everyone else.

TomcaT likes this.