TGIF! Development News December 15th 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Happy Hanukkah everybody! After a couple weeks of Mi7ch forcing me to post the TGIF like an evil puppetmaster, I'm back writing it all on my own. Seriously. He's not here. Ignore the wires and pay attention to the TGIF.

Holiday Raid Bosses!
    As Zombie Slayer players will have noticed by now (hopefully), there's a new special Holiday raid going on over there at the moment (details here.) There have been a few minor changes to how they look that should help make it easier to understand, so thanks to everyone in Pirate Clan who gave us feedback! PC was the first game to experience this event and we're happy to announce that they hit ALL of the raid kill checkpoints! It was a very tight race towards the end with players racing to kill bosses with *just* enough open raids to hit the goal. PC players earned themselves a whopping SIXTEEN Holiday Loot Chests on top of all the XP and drops available through the raid events themselves. Nice work, guys! VC and LCN, get ready - you're up next.

Quest/Chest Help on Mobile
    You may have noticed a new little question mark button around loot chests and quests; this should provide some clarification for anyone wondering how the feature works. We haven't ported this to mobile yet but it should be showing up by the end of the day today.

December Development/Support Coverage
    As we head into the second half of December, many of us are going to be out of the office, so there'll be a slower stream of updates coming through on the development end. We do have lots of exciting plans for the New Year, and not to worry, our Support team is going to be on deck and reading tickets throughout the rest of the month if you have any issues or suggestions.

That's it for this week! I'm trying... not... to post a joke but... Mi7ch... I can't stop myself...

Did you hear about the circus fire?
    It was intense!

mi7ch, Sparrowhawk, Kirsten and 5 others like this.
  2. gloc twins

gloc twins New Member

SIXTEEN Holiday Loot Chests on top of all the XP and drops available....raid checkpoints??? or pls. state damage needed to be done to qualify for these chests???

3. Natalia

Natalia New Member

What up.

So, i have been slapping raid bosses around left and right yesterday, and was enjoying myself very much doing so. Sometimes the micro management of the separate health system got a bit confusing, tho, and i have killed my party. Not a problem, i would just move on to another boss and continue there.

However, i cannot attack anymore raid bosses. It gives me the same message as if i would f* up on the certain boss, even if its a brand new one i havent seen before.

Is this a bug in my game or a feature, ie. a global limit on f* ups? If so, do i get let back in certain time or am i out for the duration of the event?

EDIT: This also applies to other peoples raid bosses that i have participated in, even if i did not f* up on them. As it stands, the only raid boss i can attack right now is my own.

4. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

Please read the raid walkthrough carefully. The raid checkpoints are particular amounts of raid bosses killed. When you pass the amount globally, you'll get a reward after the event. In ZS there are currently checkpoints for 40 and 100 kills.

5. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Loving the joke!!! Thanks for sharing :p

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It is because you perished the raids, now you are a raid killer and will no longer be able to fukk the raids up for this event, and good , so learn before you ruin the raids, for everyone else, don't be surprised if ya bookmarked and killed alot, since ya think perishing a raid is no problem

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  7. Randy Jenkins

Randy Jenkins Active Member

everyone gets these chests depending on how many checkpoints there is a total of 16 chests that we all can get. other than the check points it is just like a normal raid when you have to get 2000 actions and 1000 being healing

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Jimmyjamzit

Jimmyjamzit New Member

Love Holiday Raids. On mobile it doesn’t show what’s in the Holiday Chest. Only opened 2 until I get Home to My PC later. As for the joke, I believe the answer is supposed to be “ it was intents”. Lol! Merry Christmas to All!!!

9. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Well if thats the case (of there being a global limit on raid screw ups as a griefer counter measure), i find it rather silly. Me hitting it was just proportional to the number of raid bosses attacked, and there was a lot. On the other hand, all the people that build 1000 (or even 0) toys just to occupy the slots run around griefing without a problem. If you care to check out raid bosses logs, you can see most of the griefing happens that way. Tons of bosses being stuck in limbo with one or two guys fighting on them with no chance of finishing in time and not a single perishment in their logs.
    And no, i dont feel ashamed one bit, as i have built billions of toys before being twarted. It was my stamina that would be better spent on fights, my energy that would go further outbreaking, and even my UNC credits and even my time i could have spent any other way.

On the same note, yes, i dont think perishing a boss is that big of a deal if i build way more toys than what i set the raid back for. And i do not care for your hitlisting me, i have been playing multiplayer games enough to be used to idiots looking for excuses to beat on the little guy.
    I have had people hitlisting me since week one in this game, and the inconvenience is too small to be worried about.

Considering the mind numbing ammount of clicking around while micro managing resources, being attacked in the process, even doing all that while cooking or looking over a baby i find hitting global limit of five (or however low it was) perishments rather easy when attacking raid bosses all day, and with no measures in place against actual griefers a major oversight at the least.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  10. Kirsten

OMG are your serious, do you not understand each time you perish a raid, everyone gets less XP for their attacks, and the health goes higher, so it takes more to kill it for less, and as far as the toys, they have no bearing on how a raid lives or dies, it is just a new feature that does nothing for a raid, it was just for fun, and let me tell you , you are clueless how raids work, and I am glad you perished a few so you cannot play this event any longer, cause ya just a selfish ignorant player

neill1990, Jimmyjamzit and DrunkPunk like this.
  11. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I did not know that and i am sorry. My assumption was as long as i fight back the health i have added to the boss i did nothing wrong to the other players.
    I dont see how not knowing something that i havent found stated anywhere makes me selfish but whatever.

Toys are boss health in these raids. Just. A note. From the guy that doesnt know shit and is the worst piece of shit for that. To the best person that knows everything and is overall great. Have a nice day. Princess. Whatever.

12. Kirsten

You sure assumed that you did nothing wrong as you said it was 'no big deal', ya just moved on to another and when you past the threshold of how many you could perish and were banned from joining others, then you ask a question, yeah ya messed up people on the raids you killed, health was toys, emphasis on 'health ' aka healing the raid damage you do, which you did not do, sorry ignorance is not an excuse, maybe learn the game, since ya such an experienced player in online games, and what you are a guy?? named Natalie?? I must have missed something there., sheeeeesh and for the future when you attack a raid, it has to be healed one attack , one heal and repeat, if ya short on energy then don't attack.

Jimmyjamzit likes this.
  13. No Glimmer of Hope

No Glimmer of Hope New Member

It's a well deserved ban on your attacking for the rest of the event. Learn from your mistakes please.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

With the new location for PC coming out sometime early 2018 would it be possible for the boss to drop more then 1 item? We only got london throughout the entirety of 2017. In a way that would make up for lack of multiple locations being dropped this year.