Christmas/seasonal holiday gifts

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by GoddessFreyja, Dec 5, 2017.

1. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

I'm sure gifting is not a big priority for many here but for those of us that do receive and send gifts, the variety is long overdue for an overhaul. I remember years ago we had Christmas/seasonal gifts and I vaguely remember Kano saying that they would bring these gifts back and update the gift inventory for holidays throughout the year. Well, we all know that never happened because we've been sending the same boring gifts for more years than I can remember. How about we bring back seasonal gifts? Newer players have never seen them and us old-timers might like to see something different. There are already gifts created and I found these in my inventory: Lump of Coal, Viking Santa Hat, Christmas Roast, Holiday Ham, Advent Wreath, Viking Christmas Tree and Christmas Horn. If you don't want to recycle these "retired" gifts perhaps some new ones: Santa's sleigh, reindeer, snowman, fruit cake, jingle bells, presents, Christmas cookies, Hanukkah themed, etc. I know the main changes are to the actual game play and adding new features but maybe it might be nice to make gifting more interesting. I'm sure some would say bah-humbug......we don't need new gifts bogging down our already bulky inventory and even if we can't use them at the Blacksmith, give them an attack/defense worth something so they would seem a bit more useful. If nothing else, it would give us a break from the same old gifts we've been sending for years.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

if they don't help with crafting, I would not send or want them sent to me, :) besides the att def, would really help no one except a brand new player who need a loadout lol and I think brand new players get a good deal with a loadout when starting out .

3. GoddessFreyja

I know some are really into crafting and if a gift can't help them craft anything, they're not interested. But I know plenty of players that rarely craft but are bored to tears with getting/receiving the same old gifts year after year. Just to break up the monotony of gifting and to make things more festive for a few weeks, I thought it might be fun to bring back some holiday-themed gifts. Even if they serve no real purpose, if someone isn't interested in receiving one, just don't put them on your Wishlist. :)

4. Kirsten

well as long as they don't replace the ones that have value, I don't get bored with that they look like, I also don't know why the script changed while responding
    lol guess I touched something somewhere :p

5. GoddessFreyja

No, I didn't suggest replacement of existing gifts; just adding seasonal ones for a few weeks. I don't craft often but do know that some gifts are necessary for crafting. You touched the italic "I" between the B and U.......now I have my head slanted towards the right to read, lol! :rolleyes:

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm actually a fan of this idea. I know there are hundreds of worthless gifts in the system that have been retired, but it would still be nice to change them up sometimes for variety's sake. I have thousands of useless inventory items, so what's a few more worthless gifts just for fun? Sure, it won't help with gameplay, but crafting has been abandoned anyway, so what's the difference? All that being said, I'm pretty sure the response is going to be:
    [​IMG]

GoddessFreyja likes this.
  7. Kirsten

well if you like it jared, then I don't :p