TGIF! Development News December 1st 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Spam??? what spam??? what are you even talking about, ya still breaking the terms of FB service, for fear of spam, really ??? lol that is too funny

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

Its not a fear of spam, nearly every action you do has a pop up "post to timeline", send a gift "post to timeline" do an adventure " post to timeline", start a boss "post to timeline", open the game or even if you are about to close the tab "post to timeline" its complete bs. Me and many others refuse to have that spam posted on our real fb account so make another one for gaming only. ToS of facebook or not i could care less, im not going to have hundreds of meaningless spam posts potentially a day clogging my real FB's feed.

3. Kirsten

all ya have to do is click the X on the top right in the pop up box, and it won't post to FB just the game, there are never any game posts on my FB profile , never lol surprised you don't know that :)

4. SOHAIB

SOHAIB Member

I think they shutting down the hitlist feature which can be accessed from PC through the web version of mobile app. Hitlist feature on actual mobile app wont be affected but @Scoughman can better explain this.

5. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

only in some of the games. The time out feature has not come to ZS yet.

6. AlterEgoT

you can also go to FB settings and block it from posting............

Kirsten likes this.
  7. AlterEgoT

so any official word as to which version it is being shut down on? We have a guy that does not have a computer. Been friends for eons it seems would hate to lost contact with a buddy over it. The hunt is the fun part of the game. If they can't do that, they aren't going to play.

Is there an ETA when it will come back? Is this a work in progress or just a nope it's done?

Could we get some clarification pretty please before it is shut down?

8. I wasn't aware that using the mobile app on the desktop wasn't acceptable. It has been the ONLY way I can get the rare kill. I will of course stop using it but it does indeed seem like the hit list on the desktop version of game is the preserve of bots and scripts. The mobile app, either on my phone, or on my laptop, is the only thing that gives 'live' players a chance in heck of claiming the odd bounty. I feel like the ones using bots and scripts have won against those using the mobile app either on their phones or on their web browsers. :(

Crazy Inuit likes this.
  9. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I hope the HL feature is only being removed temporarily on Mobile web. If players are using bots or scripts to exploit some code, it should be obvious who they are and maybe just ban them? Or disable HL for them. The mobile web is the only way I can access HL on my ancient droid and it's easier for me on the pc as well as it displays better and doesn't jump around.

I've heard the mobile app is great to use on tablets and players I know who use it, say they get tons of HL kills. I tried it and couldn't get one! I don't have the right dual thumb rhythm it seems. :)

10. Kirsten

now that I did not know, thanks :)

AlterEgoT likes this.
  11. Kirsten

I pretty much use them on the go, for calendars or raids, not for fighting, but sometimes for whip kills in PC, if I get a heads up lol

FancyPants likes this.
  12. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

just show ya know that us older players were using Desktop an Laptop before Mobile was even existing..i want you too remeber that before ya make a dumb ass comment!! An About Bots an Scripts they are also Highly known on Mobile Apps too ya Iditot!!

Edit an btw I Hope they leave Hitlist/Bounty completely down...;) if ya gonna exploit then a player should be on a Permant Ban without Notice!! Bots/Scripts if caught u should also be Permant Ban without Notice!! Have A Great Day

mstetz62 likes this.
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Although it's nice to hear this, bombshells should not be released as such on a Friday when leaving work, wouldn't you agree?
    Now people have all this speculations of how/who/if any did it, not just say come Monday remove the feature, do it day post it..

14. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Yes, the mobile app is great for those special calendars, being able to collect on the go.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Clarification re: Mobile Web Histlist Shutdown
    This ONLY affects our mobile "website" and does NOT affect the iOS/Android apps. Based on the data we gathered to help make this decision this change is going to affect very few players.

So if you play primarily on a Mobile device and use the iOS or Android app you will be unaffected.

Apologies for any confusion around this.

16. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

yeah, but still leaves us with a slow pc very much affected. I am not a happy player.

17. S JORDAN

S JORDAN Member

Been playing the all 4 Kano games for 5+ years. On the desktop version an average player is available on hitlist for about 31 second. By the time I get to it is is gone using normal mouse on normal computer. Even if told in advance that a hit is beong made.. no luck. On mobile app I can sometimes luck into a hit list kill. No scripts or bots just pressing the refresh button repeatedly during a bounty blitz. I get maybe 1 kill per game per Year.
    But there are players with 1000s of kills. I doubt they all have clean hands.
    I would rather they shut it down on all platforms if there is a problem

18. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

When i use to play fb, back when bots/scripts were more of a problem, was able to get bounty kills. Was 1 out of 3ish, it is possible but have to be quick and memorize where the button shows and the moment something changes have to move the mouse without looking who is listing or being listed. If you have to think about where to move the mouse you are never going to catch a bounty.

EDIT: also have to have a strong character that is capable of killing those listed within a couple clicks, if you are only taking 1% or less of their health, requiring 5+ hits. You simply wont be getting bounties either. Those who are collecting the bounties are the big dogs capable of killing people listed in 3-5 hits max 90% of the time.

19. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Well in addition to the script & bot users, it affects those of us on Froyo.

Not sure what change went in but I had to answer 7 math questions today. Thankfully, it's simple arithmetic and not calculus. But 7 in a row? The message was that I had been busy. Yes, trying to get to 100 HL kills. 100. Not 100,000. Just 100. By clicking in rapid succession. I'd think that those actions would not look automated. I think the people who get hitlists at all hours of the day, every day, those are your script users. Not the ones who get them in short bursts.

20. Navy Chief!

Navy Chief! Member

Well, this shall be painful for a player that has medical issues in both hands. And by painful, I mean excruciatingly painful! Whilst I can do it on the cell phone, my hands will tire in maybe 5 minutes and start dropping the cell on the phone. Doing it on Facebook is useless for me as I do not have a good control of the mouse due to aforementioned medical issues. It really blows that there are vulnerabilities and blows twice more that some players have exploited it. I really do hope that this can be fixed SOON!!!!