[PC] Daily Quests and Loot Chests Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 6, 2017.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Today we’re going to be releasing the new Daily Quests feature on Pirate Clan only. This will come to the other games soon, but if you’re here from another game feel free to make a character on Pirate Clan and sail the seven seas.

Daily Quests are designed to give you additional tasks to do with a sweet reward at the end! You’ll get three quests (of a maximum of three at a time) to do and these are randomly selected from a few categories. You can be sending Gifts, doing Adventures, or even partaking in some light PvP.

You have as long as you like to finish each quest, so don’t worry about feeling rushed! Once you complete a Quest, another will show up in your log the next day (Pacific time). You can re-roll one of your Quests if it’s not to your liking, but you can only do this once per day.

You can find your current list of Quests in the Davy Jones section when this feature is live. You’ll also see a heading called “Loot Chests”, but we’ll get there in a second.

[​IMG]

Clicking on that link will take you to the following page:

[​IMG]

As you can see I have a smattering of Quests to do from attacking a Co-op Boss, to assisting with Challenges. If I don’t want to do one of these Quests, I can click the dice symbol on the left to re-roll one of them. Clicking “Do Quest” on the right will drop you on the appropriate page for completing said task. Once you’ve completed a Quest, you’ll see this screen.

[​IMG]

Note that I've been awarded with a Loot Chest! Let’s click the "view Loot Chest" button to go to the Loot Chest page and check that out.

[​IMG]

When you complete a Daily Quest, you will be rewarded with either a free Loot Chest or a Lottery ticket (most quests reward Loot Chests, there’s one in particular that gives you a Lottery ticket). What’s in a Loot Chest? Well I’ll leave that as a surprise, but it contains everything from Energy and Gold to a couple rewards you can’t find anywhere else. Your Loot Chest also has a chance to be upgraded to a level two chest, or you can pay 15 FP to do so.

That’s all there is to it! Once we turn this on, try out some Quests, open some Loot Chests and let us know what you think!

2. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I'll give it a go, thanks! :cool:

3. john greene

john greene Member

says starting today but i don't see it?

Justin the killer likes this.
  4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It's still "today"... We are looking to roll this out very soon!

john greene likes this.
  5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sorry to say that we did not use your post as the genesis of this feature; many other games use a daily quest concept which is what inspired our team to come up with this.

We're always more than willing to give credit where credit is due for ideas, but for this one we'll have to chalk it up to coincidence.

7. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

So over 5 year ago you guys saw the idea and went nope that isnt good... then 5 years later see it in another game and say its good or is it just not even looking at the ideas section. Either way though i feel that is just wrong especially considering the age of the post, i mean i have posted quite a bit of ideas on the forum and does that mean if the next idea is identical to one of mine it is going to be called just a coincidence again...

The Flaming Redhead likes this.
  8. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

is this happening on server 2 as well cause i clearly do not see it on there?

9. Justin the killer

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It is not live yet, as Smack noted it is still "today". When it's up, I'll put a note in the in-game News, shouldn't be much longer of a wait.

11. Justin the killer

when ya add feature like this..you should go ahead an post it out but we cant do it until it comes out..this is a good idea

12. Justin the killer

if i was you Neil i would turn them in for this stuff like this, since clearly they are not willing to do business with you, cause u do have Evidence about your Idea an i do remeber that too!!

The Flaming Redhead likes this.
  13. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

I've unlocked 2.

14. juanmmatam

juanmmatam Member

Unlocked 3 for today. I used the roll dice to change the third one. The actual atk/def of the items is missing, neither the boost. Nice addition but needs more info. I did not try the upgrade / 15 FP, will wait for the other levels

Smack likes this.
  15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ok I opened two chests and got I think 2 ships, but cannot remember what they were, will they be a certain color in inventory???

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey everyone,

Quick update on Daily Quests; the timers for refreshing your Quests is supposed to be in Pacific time, however right now it's using UTC. We're going to update the timers to reflect that and tomorrow when UTC and PST sync back up we'll switch back to using Pacific time.

Long story short nobody is losing any quests, but the timers will fluctuate a bit for the next day here.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yep, the text color should be orange. They're also called "Looter", so you could try searching for that.

Chasity and Kirsten like this.
  18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Neil, let me first acknowledge that you enthusiastically and consistently bring ideas to the table as noted from a post from over 5 years ago and that is just one of many. We value this input a lot and while we might not act on that input right way by no means did we imply that this idea "isn't good".

I appreciate you reminding us of that post though. As you can imagine it would be very difficult to correlate all of the feedback we get as we rollout features but no doubt you shared a similar idea to what was just released, so kudos! It was a long time coming but we have finally put this into action.

I am very excited to see and hear how people are interacting with the Davy Jones Quests and the Loot that they pay out. So please continue to let us know.

19. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

can we get the stats on the stuff we get? Also it shows 4 items rec'd, is this correct?

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Just what I want to do is 'search', stat's upon collecting would be nicer, or a "Looter item filter?" in inventory.
    • Just wanna say I don't play PC much, but opened it up to give a test try
    • Collected 2 chests= got 3 lotto tickets, and 2 items have no clue on the stat's, having not played game much my inventory is still bunch of pages and don't feel the need to look through pages to see what acquired :(
    Basically only reason tested it was to see how worked, before comes to VC and my inventory list there is huge.