TGIF! Development News November 3rd 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Another week and another TGIF! Hope you had a happy Halloween and are settling into Fall for good. It snowed out of nowhere here yesterday!

Kicking things off, we heard some feedback recently that some factions were boosting their stats in wars by using the auto-join feature to sign up inactive players. We've made a tweak to the system this week so that anyone who hasn't participated in the last two War events won't be auto-joined, as long as they've been in the faction for at least 45 days. This should allow new and recently added players to be auto-joined, but will exclude anyone who hasn't actually been participating.

Frozen user count! Some players have asked us to report more on our activities around enforcement. We brought back the frozen user count a couple of times but I've been bad about remembering to include it. Our Support team is always on the lookout and monitoring our tools, so be forewarned! This week saw 20 accounts frozen, primarily as alts or for alt use.

We did some final testing on the Loot Chest/Daily Quest feature this week and expect to launch it in Pirate Clan THIS MONDAY. Very exciting stuff. Don't forget to log in to check it out and tackle your first few quests, and if you aren't already playing Pirate Clan, now's a good time to dip your toe in the water.

You may or may not know that we run contests on our Facebook pages each week! We'd like to start celebrating winners here in the forums and encouraging all of you to check out the promotions starting every Wednesday/Thursday. Congrats to this week's winners of a full Limited Time set!
    LCN: Rick Newell, Cherie Martin and Stephen Rapson
    Pirate Clan: Dale Para, Evelyn May Dively and Jim Cook
    Viking Clan: Connie Morrison, Kevin DeChane and Matthew Burns
    Zombie Slayer: David Hunn, John Muddle and Zach Clough

And of course no TGIF would be complete without an awful, pukeworthy joke.

What did one ocean say to the other?
    Nothing, they just waved.

2. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

Is it going to be like mini adventures for a minimum of energy or demand equal energy for advents?

3. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Wen shall we be able to ad to more stamina?

Deblovscats1, aleco and ReeferC like this.
  4. ReeferC

ReeferC Member

Any ideas how to gain skill points without leveling, if you already completed challenges and jobs, or having to do fight wins/survival ?

5. The only way to gain SP besides leveling is achievements. Try to finish as many as possible and you'll get some more SP.

Chasity likes this.
  6. Reg Hahn

Reg Hahn Member

Another victory for the whiners... I hate to say you've wasted your time but I should point out that people who don't participate in Synd Wars have always been allowed to join and boost the stats for those who do - and also - People who don't participate in Synd Wars don't heal either.. All you've done is given the bosses the job of chasing people up again, which presumably was the reason for "auto-join" in the first place.. Congratulations and thanks for nothing

TinaS likes this.
  7. prknight

prknight New Member

'sea' u l8er

8. Reg Hahn

Reg Hahn Member

May we know who it was who complained about having a lot of juicy Group A targets who didn't heal or fight back? That's a really precious bit of thinking that deserves recognition imo

9. TinaS

TinaS New Member

Making it so that one has to be in a Syn for 45 days and have participated in 2 syn wars is a bit overkill, don't ya think? I know I sure do! Ridiculous!

10. ReeferC

ReeferC Member

How about doing this for WM ? As for who suggested this, I would say it was probably mentioned in some mislabeled forum post and there was a vote where the "majority" decided it would be more fun experience for all players. It's only in the best interest of keeping the game fun for all players :wink:

11. Omegame

Omegame Member

I dont have much time to play and the Loot Chest/Daily Quest is one more task, well we see when they start.

12. aleco

aleco New Member

when are you going to get your avcts together and stop fucking changing shit fucking up our vikings

13. I couldn't agree more!

14. It won't be worth joining a Syn!

15. "Kicking things off, we heard some feedback recently that some factions were boosting their stats in wars by using the auto-join feature to sign up inactive players. We've made a tweak to the system this week so that anyone who hasn't participated in the last two War events won't be auto-joined, as long as they've been in the faction for at least 45 days. This should allow new and recently added players to be auto-joined, but will exclude anyone who hasn't actually been participating."
    I cannot believe that not allowing players, who have a high set of skills, to be auto joined is being implemented. This half baked idea will make it harder for Syns to recruit good players.

Did it ever occur to the devs that players who did not participate in 2 war events, were not in a syndicate?

16. bit confused by this, >Kicking things off, we heard some feedback recently that some factions were boosting their stats in wars by using the auto-join feature to sign up inactive players. We've made a tweak to the system this week so that anyone who hasn't participated in the last two War events won't be auto-joined, as long as they've been in the faction for at least 45 days. This should allow new and recently added players to be auto-joined, but will exclude anyone who hasn't actually been participating. why because we have had at least two players in our syndicate who have been auto joined, yes they my play daily in lcn but during wars have been auto joined up as they are in our syndicate but no matter what i post in game msg they don't respond to use up tokens or take part in the war also they haven't partisipated in probably last 3 wars or maybe never at all, yes i know our leader should look at this but how is it they are auto joined up yet again this war? and yet we have new player whom i'm not even aware of as yet who is only Joined 5 days, 8 hours ago? thought you had to be apart of syndicate for more than that, confusing at the least or am i reading this all wrong lol,, any help would be gratefully accepted x

17. just to add >
    Nagibator

Level 51 Insomniac
    To participate in Wars you must be at least level 300 and have been a member of the Syndicate for more than 14 days.

18. lol i'm asking others in my syndicate where or how this player came from

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I think something was lost in translation with this change. Auto Join will apply under the following conditions
    1. You are new to the Syndicate and joined it within the last 45 days
    2. You have been with the Syndicate for > 45 days and have done at least 1 Syndicate War action in the last 2 events.
    This change isn't to make things harder or to have faction leaders chase members down but rather to not continue to pull into Syndicate Wars players who are not participating at all. These are typically people who have stop playing the game yet remain in Syndicates.

Apologies for the confusion around this. Feel free to ask more questions if you need more clarification.

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I do not like auto join i have to keep remembering to un join