[VC] Character Upgrades

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CazG, Jan 28, 2016.

1. CazG

CazG Member

Finally have enough FP's to upgrade and noticed that I can buy 3rd upgrade. So was wondering if there's some kind of penalty to jumping Character upgrade?

bobbyc likes this.
  2. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

Not that I'm aware of.

CazG likes this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Upgrade is only available to character owned, so yes is a penalty in cost that aspect of "jumping"

CazG likes this.
  4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, there is only a "penalty" if you switch from one vertical tier to another. If you stay in the same vertical tier, you get a discount when you upgrade and don't have the pay the full amount of FPs. I would choose a character with the extra attack/defense bonus, if you're in the wrong vertical tier for that, switch early to limit the FP cost.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If you have the first character and haven't bought the second and skip to the third, then you pay full price for the third. If you buy then second then the third character, you get an FP discount for doing so. :)

(This is in the sequence of characters, so for example Pathfinder -> Demigod -> Conqueror)

CazG likes this.
  6. bobbyc

bobbyc Member

But still cheaper to go ahead and skip the second one, It will cost her 175 fb pts to skip #2, if she gets the second one for 100 fb pts it will cost her another 100 fb pts to get the third, do you want to spend 175 or 200...

CazG likes this.
  7. CazG

CazG Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. yes Mi7ch I understand your reasoning but in regards to spending my precious FP's.. I'll save them and pay the 175 for top character. :D:D:D:D:D

bobbyc likes this.
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

As bobbyc stated is only 25 more FP's, but left out the part get 3 items in doing so, which will use pretty much forever. So it is a good idea to upgrade tier to tier and not skip (unless changing characters in whole)

bobbyc, Kirsten and CazG like this.
  9. bobbyc

bobbyc Member

bobbycNew Member
    Agreed the items that come with them probably are worth not skipping the second tier.

CazG and Kirsten like this.
  10. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I concur, do each stage to get maximum benefit.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. kathleen jinks

kathleen jinks New Member

what happens if you uyn2-3 characters of the same level?

12. kathleen jinks

anybody know?

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

uyn?

14. kathleen jinks

own-when you buy all three of that level

15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Don't do that don't buy more than one of the same, you can only use one character at a time, ya better off making sure ya have full clan always use FP's for hireds

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Only thing to gain would be able to switch characters back and forth to get different attributes for the day, total waste of favor points though.

kathleen jinks and Kirsten like this.
  17. kathleen jinks

YAHOO!!! Thanks for that tip!! NO ONE was able to answer that,you make total sense, and I have been using my FP for hires(except for ZS,which still has me discombobulated) just realized I could upgrade character to the 1000+ so was curious..Thanks again.