TGIF! Development News September 29th 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

The Kano office is getting packed up today in preparation to move to another floor of the building! More whiteboard space to draw out all our plans for feature adjustments, and an excuse to order pizza while we unpack all our bobbleheads and Lego sets on Monday.

We’re excited to bring you a big change to raids this week, hopefully the first of many designed to make the events more fun and more social. The ability of to “wipe” or “perish” a raid is something we’ve heard complaints about for a long time, and by changing this we hope to make people feel safer making their raids public, and ensure that more raids are full and completed.

That’s why, starting with the Viking Clan raid next week, there will be no permanent downside to having your raid wiped. If your party’s health goes to zero, the attack buttons will be greyed out until you heal up again, but once you do so everything will continue as normal. Healing will still be important though, as if your party health goes below 50%, you will collect less XP with each attack than if you were fully healed. Any questions on this, just let us know!

We’ve also made a number of changes to the error and alert messages on the raid boss so that they won’t move the attack button when they pop up; we know many of you found this frustrating and so we were glad to get a chance to fix it once we were already in the code.

Next up - Monday will see the new PvP changes applied to LCN. We shared some info about this in the forums recently; basically we are increasing the effect of Attack and Defence Skill Points on your total strength. This type of rebalancing has occurred a few times in the life of the game and should make things more fun and competitive within people’s fight ranges. We have reduced the change a bit from our original estimate and will monitor things closely.

The Referral program has been live on Kano Play 2 since Tuesday — thank you to everyone who referred their friends! We’ve been keeping a close eye on these new signups for any alt behaviour but things look good so far. It’ll be a while yet still but we’re also working on bringing this feature to mobile coming up. If you haven’t checked this out yet, take a look at your profile page and start earning some rewards as your friends make accounts and level up!

To wrap things up we have a little teaser for you… We’ve been working on a new feature that offers you a special quest to complete each day for a set of random rewards. Not too many details yet but we might have some screenshots to show off coming up. Stay tuned!

Terrible joke, and I swear this one is @mi7ch's fault: Why do Norwegian ships have barcodes on them?
    So when they dock they can Scandinavian.

2. Omegame

Omegame Member

Lets see what's gon happen...

3. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

We definitely need skill points to count WAY more than bought items.

4. Ann Whelan

Ann Whelan New Member

So when they arrive back in port, they can Scandinavian. Yikes Mitch :p :p :p

5. MacMoose

MacMoose New Member

They are used to scan da navy, eh?

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Oh great, now every public raid boss will be left with zero raid party health and the vampires looking for energy drops will be out in force. WTG :confused:

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

OMG, when raids first came out there was no needing to heal , people would just kill them over and over, so will 2 k actions , of which 1K have to be heals still be needed, not sure I like this change, if ya don't go public ya have no issues, this is to allow people who complain that their public raid or someone they invite gets on and does not like someone already on it and perishes, it, why do you make it so people are seemingly no longer responsible for the own raids?? I open a boatload and mine never are perished, also, many times someone posts their raid in jobs , after perishing it over and over before posting it, I always look, but sometimes the feed is so long I don't notice till I attack and see the crap XP, it does not happen often , maybe one out of hundreds I join from chat, most of line are private invites,but if it is perished do we get less xp for each attack, even if ya come to it and it is healed all the way??

8. That’s why, starting with the Viking Clan raid next week, there will be no permanent downside to having your raid wiped. If your party’s health goes to zero, the attack buttons will be greyed out until you heal up again, but once you do so everything will continue as normal. Healing will still be important though, as if your party health goes below 50%, you will collect less XP with each attack than if you were fully healed. Any questions on this, just let us know!

That is not fair. Raids are about actions. You have lower my ability to perform raids to gain experience. Most of all you have made actions less desirable. To me that is a roadblock!!!! I play the way you have made it. Mitch schooled me.

Hi

I'm sorry that you are feeling disappointed by the raid boss drops.

As you may know, the only guaranteed superior item drop is to the players with the highest actions of their level tier as well as the summoner of the raid boss, and even then only if it's the first time they've summoned that particular boss. The other superior drops are more random, behaving much like a lottery, with the likelihood of receiving one increasing based on the amount of actions you perform.

That said, while superior drops are meant to be rare/valuable, they are not intended to be impossible or to cause frustration. I will speak with the team about tweaking the numbers a bit to increase those drops. We've been fine tuning the raid boss releases, and will be reviewing this release to see what could still be improved.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Mitch

Kano/Apps Community Manager

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 5:33 PM, wrote:
    http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan/boss/raid/5789b44a3eba346f03455cb2?game_server=server_2 That's unfair! Why should I get a common weapon when doing the most damage!

That was the response I got when I complained about damage. Now, are you making raids about damage. Yet, not making the raids about damage. It looks that way to me. If the raid party dies now, the raid does not gain health and give out less XP. But, ,my ability to perform the most actions in my tier is now undesirable because of lowered XP. What kind of fix is that? Why, did someone complain about gaining too much XP? Why should I lose because I play the game the way you make it? Will XP increase if the raid party health is above 50%?

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I don't mind how superiors are given, on my raid I make sure I do the most in my tier, as I am the one who spent the energy, as far as other people's raids if the owner is in my tier I stay right below them so they can get the superior, if they want or need more help, and they ask , then that is different.

FancyPants likes this.
  10. ok reading the updates,,but why so long giving out thursdate bonus link for all zombies vikiings and mobwars players? it'

11. serious something going on here even my coment is warped lmao maybe refresh will fix it

12. nope that didn't work lmao, oh well at least some folk got the bonus they were wondering why it wasn't posted or did not show up,,,,,,,,,,,keep up the crappy jokes it lightens the mood llol

13. ok lets get to more serious matter all jokes aside as i read which you state in post above which will no doubt effect those playing mobwars lcn, just a question with greyed out button does that mean the person who last hit and didn't heal or does it mean all of us if the latter is true then that is wrong why should those of us who do raids as is meant to be and do our bit get penalized ?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  14. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

"if your party health goes below 50%, you will collect less XP with each attack than if you were fully healed"
    really hope you change this, when there are few raids left it is nice to be able to keep the health low to make the raid last longer and continue to get xp

neill1990 likes this.
  15. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

sorry but i do have to laugh badly to this.... What will that help at all? all vampires will just keep it up like usual and not heal.
    No way i ever will share a raid in public.
    The day you have to match your healing with your attacks to get a reward then maybe and just maybe i will.
    Only way to get rid of Vampires is if you have to match it
    And BTW!!!!! wen do we get able to ad more Stamina?????
    think i stop doing raids at all soon... To dam expensive as it is now wen only get " almost 3 lvl per stam refill " at this lvl had be good with at least 10 000 stam so can get almost 4 lvls for a refill

16. monica

monica New Member

I agree with Susanne, make people responsible to heal, if they attack way more than they heal they shouldn't be allowed to continue the raids. As long as they match attacks with heals (or maybe within say 100) that would be fine. But people who are in the top 10 in attacks and have NO heals should be put on raid suspension.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  17. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

matching heals with attacks would be terrible. i am able to do about 30-35 stam to 20 energy and keep the boss in the green for party health. Healing after every single attack would be a huge waste of energy.

18. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

You should make it that anyone who kills a raid cannot hit OR join ANY MORE Raids for the the rest of the run! They need to learn to HEAL THEIR OWN DAMAGE!!!:mad: I am tired of having to use MY Energy to heal someone else's damage to be able to hit it!!!

19. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Match attack with heals is not the same as do equal on both.... But sure if do attack say 10 times on that raid you sure shall heal that attacks up again after you, and not leave it low for next 1 to heal up after you

HJM and Patricia Tuohy like this.
  20. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

I am talking about when you are done hitting the Raid HEAL it back up!
    Anyone who kills a Raid shouldn't be able to join anymore of them!