TGIF! Development News September 22nd 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

TGIF! It’s the first real week of fall here in Victoria and leaves are falling off the trees. Finally we can just sit around playing games all season without our moms telling us to go outside.

Pirate Clan fans received their new set of achievements this week, and on top of that, the Faction War events starting today for both PC and LCN have expanded prizing for the A and B divisions. More guilds and syndicates in those divisions will win prizes now for participating thanks to feedback from you.

Viking Clan got a new location, so go check that out if you haven’t already - it’s based on a historical settlement created by Erik the Red!

Biggest news this week was the announcement of some proposed PvP balance changes for LCN. It’s not the first time we’ve altered the effect of Skill Points but it is the first time in a while! The goal here is to help balance long-time players’ investment in Attack and Defence with the very strong inventories of other players. If you have thoughts on the topic or just want to follow the discussion, check it out here.

Also for LCN we rolled out a 60-second delay for chain-listing people outside your honourable hitlist range. We don’t expect this to affect a ton of players, but it should help make things more fun for newer folks while hopefully providing more targets overall by helping people want to stick around. There’s a lively discussion going on over here if you’d like to weigh in. Just for clarification, we currently have no plans for a similar re-work of the other games.

The Referral program for Kano Play 2 is still in progress as we’re fixing up some issues with Facebook integration. We know some of you are concerned about alt creation when it comes to this, so we wanted to briefly go into our perspective on this.

We approached the alt issue with referrals in two ways. First of all, the feature is designed to make it time-consuming to collect all the rewards via an alt account. You have to go through and get your Daily GP in order to qualify, and so it means putting in up to a month of daily play just to unlock one small FP reward.

Secondly, we have a new report showing activity from the same area for every account using the referral tool, and if alt activity is detected we will not only freeze those accounts but lock the referral program for that player. This means they’ll immediately lose the opportunity to invite others or get further rewards including the end-of-month FP payout. We understand people make mistakes or our rules may be unclear, so we don't have a zero tolerance policy for alts, but repeated offenses will result in heavier penalties up to and including main account freezes.

In that light we’re also bringing back our weekly ban numbers. It’s not a ton this week but that’s a good thing! 11 accounts faced bans this week thanks to the vigilance of our Support team.

And last but not least, it’s the terrible, awful, barf-in-my-mouth a little joke of the week.

Why did the scarecrow get promoted?
    He was outstanding in his field!

2. lmao thanks for the update but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee find more better jokes, keep on doing what you guys and gals doing for this game am loving it more now than at first when i started playing it x

3. You are doing good. Keep the good work BH:)

Chasity likes this.
  4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

eh I don't play the ones affected this week. Thank you though.

5. SeVaR

SeVaR New Member

*groan* Thanks for the update. :D
    Okay I got one. . . . Why don't they play poker in the jungle?
    Answer: Too many Cheetahs.
    [​IMG]
    ... I'll show myself out. ------------->

6. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

gag!:eek: LOL prrrobally in a corn field har de har har!

7. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

it's on the savanna's cheetahs are found watch safari live you tube he he lol someone always has to technical

8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

TY for the report.
    Note: in Ottawa we have Algonquin Indian tribes working the weather. 32 (86) tomorrow) and sunny skies till when
    ever ... Algonquins are a tribe one 1/4 of which I am proudly of blood related. So ... Mitch, I suggest your tribes get to work though you are balmy like usual ... ...

9. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

The Referral program for Kano Play 2 is still in progress as we’re fixing up some issues with Facebook integration. We know some of you are concerned about alt creation when it comes to this, so we wanted to briefly go into our perspective on this.

We approached the alt issue with referrals in two ways. First of all, the feature is designed to make it time-consuming to collect all the rewards via an alt account. You have to go through and get your Daily GP in order to qualify, and so it means putting in up to a month of daily play just to unlock one small FP reward.

Secondly, we have a new report showing activity from the same area for every account using the referral tool, and if alt activity is detected we will not only freeze those accounts but lock the referral program for that player. This means they’ll immediately lose the opportunity to invite others or get further rewards including the end-of-month FP payout. We understand people make mistakes or our rules may be unclear, so we don't have a zero tolerance policy for alts, but repeated offenses will result in heavier penalties up to and including main account freezes.

In that light we’re also bringing back our weekly ban numbers. It’s not a ton this week but that’s a good thing! 11 accounts faced bans this week thanks to the vigilance of our Support team.
    ***********************************************************************************
    While that is a great start at minimizing Alt account creation,
    could you address and elaborate on Alt Accounts that may not use or have used the referral program.
    1. Hypothetically speaking, A person creates 5 Facebook accounts with similar names, such as Jo,Joe, Joey, Joseph, JJ,
    Do you have the tools to determine that the accounts are actually being played by 5 different people or the same person?
    2. Hypothetically speaking, A person creates 5 Facebook accounts with vastly dissimilar names, IE: Dot, Period, Comma, Colon and Exclamation Point, Do you have the tools to determine that their game accounts are being played by the same person.
    3. A game account is created using a Fake Facebook account which is later disabled by Facebook. The Game account continues to be able to access the game and play. Do you have the tools to determine if that account might have other accounts playing also? One would have to make the assumption the account is being used in some type of deceptive way. Should the account be allowed to be able to continue playing? At the least might it be put on a special list for extra evaluation and scrutiny to determine multiple account usage?

Just a little side note, Knowing that many people who have played other games with 5, 10 even up to 20 accounts, would easily go through the time consuming trouble to create 25 alt accounts and do the Daily Minimum to gain the 625 Free Favor Points and the value of 250 Favor Points in extra stamina, Energy or Cash bonuses over the course of a few months. That's $150 in free items.

10. "Biggest news this week was the announcement of some proposed PvP balance changes for LCN. It’s not the first time we’ve altered the effect of Skill Points but it is the first time in a while! The goal here is to help balance long-time players’ investment in Attack and Defence with the very strong inventories of other players. If you have thoughts on the topic or just want to follow the discussion, check it out here.

Also for LCN we rolled out a 60-second delay for chain-listing people outside your honourable hitlist range. We don’t expect this to affect a ton of players, but it should help make things more fun for newer folks while hopefully providing more targets overall by helping people want to stick around. There’s a lively discussion going on over here if you’d like to weigh in. Just for clarification, we currently have no plans for a similar re-work of the other games."

Can you also put a limit on the number of times players can attack one another? This would help to prevent chain attacks and would make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

11. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

Thank you for update - Recommend you revise levels for raids - in PC top level has too many and mid-level too few -

12. Alice Vega Dubberly

Alice Vega Dubberly New Member

can you please make it easier to get elite cheiftains maybe by making pepople that are in our own guild always available whether they are full or not.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

From the HOME button sort events by: Elite Chieftains ;)

Old Salt likes this.
  14. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Hey, I love the joke of the week; keep it up! It has always been known as the "lame joke of the week" & is good for a laugh & a smile! :p I like the cheetah one too, thanks for sharing! :cool:

Scoughman likes this.
  15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

there is a limit, 5k times in a 24 hour period

neill1990 and Old Salt like this.
  16. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Can you also make it that if you try for a player on a bounty they are only allowed 3 attacks back? That's more than enough and they should just move on after and get over it. ;)

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

LOL you sarcastic old salt, you lol

Old Salt likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

"more enjoyable for everyone."
    • Speak for yourself, don't use the term "EVERYONE"

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

Arena is 17 hours available and an person there made 115889 attacks and 227 kills my question is how much clicks per second need to make this person for these 17 hours to make 115889 attacks ? This is question for KANO ! And what I saw how the some person killed people for 2 seconds I cant prove so I am asking for the things you all can see in the result !

20. alex du

alex du New Member

Well...that doesn't make too much sense anyway. To make 115889 attacks with ,supposedly 1 stamina and with the stamina caped at 7.5 k, it seems that he/she made refill 15 times. So, he/she invested 150 FP to get 75 FP for the first place. Interesting choice....at least :p

Darth Vader likes this.