Armada Wars Discussion Threads

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Meredith Bond

Meredith Bond New Member

After consistently being in the Top 15 in wars prior to this one, we played slightly better to get to 11th, but got nothing in recognition of this.
    After a chat between our members, for future reference, we have all decided to play the wars, but not to spend a cent on refills.
    Sad to say that this new system has really peeved off our members to the point that they came to this choice.

Pinhead and Sandy Barrows like this.
  2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I appreciate the feedback Meredith.

As I posted yesterday we made a conscious decision to run this past event as Tiered rewards only so we could gather some metrics and feedback. We tried to give players and their Armada's a decent amount of heads up to prepare for this change but no doubt not getting end of event rewards is a shock to the system when you are accustomed to them.

Moving forward we are going to keep the Tiered reward structure but we will be making changes to make sure that the top performers Overall will still get compensated even if they don't place high enough within their Tier. At the very very least you can expect the next event to have both Overall and Tiered rewards enabled (ie: stacked) but we are working on some other ideas that will make this a compelling and rewarding event for all Armada's regardless if they are Div A or Div E.

So please check the Rewards info for each event so you know what to expect. Of course we will also make a more formal announcement in the forums to discuss changes.

3. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

Your new reward schedule is excessive. giving DJs for placing 17-27 makes only healing, some attacking & no refills a winning strategy with better rewards than placing 1st place. My other suggestion is to reduce WP for heals specially given this reward schedule

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Porridge is too hot, porridge is too cold... ;)

In all seriousness I appreciate the feedback. I would say how is this different than when it was just Overall rewards but the big difference is the increase in FP payout that did not previously exist for the bottom tier. We'll continue to monitor the engagement with the Armada War and bring to the community any future changes.

5. GoldilocksCA

GoldilocksCA New Member

I think if we click on the name of a division the division should be listed. :) Also, it is extremely difficult for low division Armadas to keep kill points, because the A Armadas take us out too quickly. We need the higher heal value to earn points since all we are able to do really is heal. Last wars of the 6 kills we managed to get, all but 2 of them had our points taken away. We are a C division and got killed 161 times. Not much fun to just heal, so we went for kills despite knowing we were earning less points than just healing. Would be nice if when we suicided on Armadas, that we got to keep our last kill points, in addition to the other Armada not getting the kill reward (already part of the game). At least that way we would have more time in between deaths (not by suicide) to get another kill to save our first kill points.

Michael Inn likes this.
  6. john greene

john greene Member

This is a very long thread so i don't know if this question was asked sorry if it was. During the war if your group health is dropping does it affect the damage you do while attacking another armada?

7. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i dont believe so, have had health at half quite a few times and appeared to deal the same damage. Only thing i see it affecting is the passive reduction in coins that becomes more severe the lower the health.

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

If your health goes below a certain threshold (80% of max, I believe), you lose WP for each attack, but I don't believe it has an impact on damage dealt.

9. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

Armada stats - Are the win and loss stats versus a specific armada the combined amount from both or just those done by your armada?

10. No Glimmer of Hope

No Glimmer of Hope New Member

Playing war as other than an A team is not much fun. How about setting the system so that the same armada isn't killing us many times each war? (I've seen situations where the same team has killed a target nearly 100 timesI would propose that the kill reward continue to drop to zero after 10 kills by that team. This would encourage the big guys to fight among themselves and give the lower divisions a chance to actually fight a few battles rather than just be cannon fodder for the big teams.

Michael Inn and amadeus like this.
  11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If we are talking about the same stats from an Armada's profile then the win/loss stats are global so they reflect any attacks this faction has taken against others plus all of the attacks they have taken themselves.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Good suggestions. The potential for WP decreases as you fight in tiers below your own but I don't believe there are any hard caps. The last major change we made to the Wars was to introduce tiered payouts so all tiers could get rewarded but there is certainly more we can do to make this event more appealing to more factions from Div E all the way up to Div A.

Michael Inn and amadeus like this.
  13. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

One of my team can't seem to buy refills with FP's.....any idea way...it says he used them all today but he hasn't be able to get a refill since yesterday

14. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

Can receive a maximum of 4 refills each 24 hours of the war. This is combining gifts and purchases. If received 4 as gift, cant buy any for self the same day

The 24 hour period for the refills starts at beginning of war..in this case 7 pm EDT. It reset at 7 pm (15 minutes ago)

15. No Glimmer of Hope

Nope - talking about individual team stats. Us vs them... and of course those stats are included on profile page.

16. No Glimmer of Hope

On pretty much all teams except top 10 A teams healing is pretty much the best thing we can do to get war points. Take away healing points and not much incentive to join war so they won't have cannon fodder...

Chasity likes this.
  17. Michael Inn

Michael Inn New Member

Working through the feed but figured would post in meantime. My crew has been a solid mid level "B" but has popped to an "A" despite being weaker than 1/3 of those still listed as "B"'s? Seems a bit of weird and doubt that it will be a good thing since we haven't had time to build strength to compete at that level yet.... kinda takes the incentive away to build up "the right way" instead of just stacking up an Armada with all high level players. Curious as to the reasoning behind this. Thanks!

18. No Glimmer of Hope

You may be looking at health as the only measure of relative strength. Many teams with high health make the mistake of thinking that health alone will protect them. You need to have attack and defense to back up that health. It sounds like your team has built a solid armada, and being an A team rather than a B team may protect you more than you realize. Many A teams don't attack other A's as the cost in tokens is higher than hitting the high health but weaker B targets. l

19. TyRayd

TyRayd New Member

what are the min thresholds for each level Class E,D,C,B,A and what is the min threshold for a B class moving to a A class ? thanks